CFZ This New Kid T.Y. Hilton is Just What the Dakter Ordered

Jayinem

Reaction score
So Dak just got another weapon. At some point the excuses have to run out when he makes mistakes on the field. Not Kellen Moore's fault, not the WR receivers fault (unless it is).

Carson

Reaction score
Guranteed you’ll go Karen no matter what they do.
Always so defensive.

If we win and they let Hilton cook that’s great. Offense could use another vet weapon with playoff experience.

If we win, Hilton doesn’t contribute but you can see him being sprinkled in? Awesome as well.

If they lose and could’ve used Hilton like last week, of course people are mad. Just like they held on to James Washington for 15 weeks just to get 4 snaps

Praxit

Reaction score
.. Oh Yeah, totally agree. I was upset he was not used in Jax game.
This dude is going to ball for us. Another reason I'm excited for post season.:thumbup:

Carson

Reaction score
So Dak just got another weapon. At some point the excuses have to run out when he makes mistakes on the field. Not Kellen Moore's fault, not the WR receivers fault (unless it is).
They need to help each other more.

Dak tends to struggle with multiple reads. Moore tends to like the slow developing pass routes

Wish we would more hurry up tempo and use more of the west coast style offense. We tend to send all receivers deep are in the same area from time to time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His skillset is just what we needed right now. I think we're about to see that we should have signed this guy much earlier in the season. And I can't find a good reason why they didn't unless Hilton and the team agreed to a deal for later in the season. But give me Gallup, and Lamb on the outside, with Hilton and Lamb splitting time motioning and running routes from the slot.

I love the heart of Noah Brown, but he's he has a clumsy aspect to him to where I'd like to see him slim up another 15 lbs. Then, you've got a much better WR, who can still block and play ST, because he's got the experience and technique down.

This also lengthens his career. And just overall makes the team better in theory.

But back to T.Y. Guy has some skills. He can split the safeties cheeks. If we're getting the vintage player, which I think is possible now that he's had time to recover from past injuries. And say, if, cross our fingers, Tyron Smith comes back fully-healthy at LT, and we finally see Tyler Smith at LG, I think this team has a very good shot down the stretch. And just loaded up with the right player, for right now. IMHO, The OB "Won't Workout" J talks need to stop, until the offseason. The Cowboys need to be wise and vet the situation rather than chasing shiny objects. And focus on these guys right now, because T.Y. got some skills to. Whereas, OBJ has more of a name. But you can mention these guys in the same conversation. OBJ is 30, Hilton 33...

T.Y. has had 5 playoff appearances (More than Beckham, who has 2, but 1 SB appearance where Hilton has 0) with the Colts. So he's no slouch.

I think some fans are underestimating this move. Puts us more on par, potentially, against the Eagles. With Hilton, Lamb, Gallup...Throw in Hendershot/Shultz/Fergie.. is Dallas Goddart still banged up?

Either way, we match up well with the Eagles on offense right now, with Tyron coming back just in time to take Steele's spot, who I had vastly underrated. Ultimately, I think Jason Peters is your RT against the Eagles. And Tyron will start at LT, and Tyler, being the team guy he is will do what is asked of him. Man, say what you want about this off-season, but the Boys nailed that pick, pretty far down the draftboard, too.

Anyway, here's Hilton.. He adds an element that we need.

Most importantly, he appears to be Dak friendly.

I'd like to see a 13 set with bunched trips out wide, with Hilton in the backfield.

Love the last one. Everyone is struggling to catch the ball, he just stands there and opens his arms.
Boss.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
In his interview after signing he said he wanted to wait to sign with a team after his son’s football seasons were over which was just recently.

Yep. He did not sign with a team because he didn't want to sign with a team, which I think could be a good thing because it gave him more time to get his body right. Look at how many players we have right now who are battling through injuries. There's something to be said for fresh legs.

exciter

Reaction score
His skillset is just what we needed right now. I think we're about to see that we should have signed this guy much earlier in the season. And I can't find a good reason why they didn't unless Hilton and the team agreed to a deal for later in the season. But give me Gallup, and Lamb on the outside, with Hilton and Lamb splitting time motioning and running routes from the slot.

I love the heart of Noah Brown, but he's he has a clumsy aspect to him to where I'd like to see him slim up another 15 lbs. Then, you've got a much better WR, who can still block and play ST, because he's got the experience and technique down.

This also lengthens his career. And just overall makes the team better in theory.

But back to T.Y. Guy has some skills. He can split the safeties cheeks. If we're getting the vintage player, which I think is possible now that he's had time to recover from past injuries. And say, if, cross our fingers, Tyron Smith comes back fully-healthy at LT, and we finally see Tyler Smith at LG, I think this team has a very good shot down the stretch. And just loaded up with the right player, for right now. IMHO, The OB "Won't Workout" J talks need to stop, until the offseason. The Cowboys need to be wise and vet the situation rather than chasing shiny objects. And focus on these guys right now, because T.Y. got some skills to. Whereas, OBJ has more of a name. But you can mention these guys in the same conversation. OBJ is 30, Hilton 33...

T.Y. has had 5 playoff appearances (More than Beckham, who has 2, but 1 SB appearance where Hilton has 0) with the Colts. So he's no slouch.

I think some fans are underestimating this move. Puts us more on par, potentially, against the Eagles. With Hilton, Lamb, Gallup...Throw in Hendershot/Shultz/Fergie.. is Dallas Goddart still banged up?

Either way, we match up well with the Eagles on offense right now, with Tyron coming back just in time to take Steele's spot, who I had vastly underrated. Ultimately, I think Jason Peters is your RT against the Eagles. And Tyron will start at LT, and Tyler, being the team guy he is will do what is asked of him. Man, say what you want about this off-season, but the Boys nailed that pick, pretty far down the draftboard, too.

Anyway, here's Hilton.. He adds an element that we need.

Most importantly, he appears to be Dak friendly.

I'd like to see a 13 set with bunched trips out wide, with Hilton in the backfield.

He’s pushing mid 30s and injury prone. If he holds up for the 3 remaining games will be a surprise!

GINeric

Reaction score
I hope he’s close to what he used to be.

On the surface it looks like another signing based off the players name and not their current ability.

I was thinking the same thing. Why was he a available for us to sign him anyway if "he still got it"???

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yep. He did not sign with a team because he didn't want to sign with a team, which I think could be a good thing because it gave him more time to get his body right. Look at how many players we have right now who are battling through injuries. There's something to be said for fresh legs.
Great point. Just look at Parsons. He’s beat to hell.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Couldn't use Amari Cooper right, so I'm not looking for KM to use TY right...especially when it counts. I hope KM surprises me in the Playoffs.

amani did better in Dallas than any other stop.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
All the team really needs is someone who can catch the damn ball, and right now it doesn't matter who that person is. Situational awareness is also still a thorn that keeps poking this offense.

How the game ended on Sunday is unacceptable. What happened with Brown? It's almost like the ball coming his way caught him by surprise. That isn't an excuse, but there has to be some reason for his massive brain fart

That game was on the defense, bro. Parsons was AWOL.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think what Dak really needs is a Cole Beasley, He needs a guy who will get open for those short passes on 3rd down and not drop the ball. TY Hilton is a deep threat but not when Dak is so inaccurate on long passes lately.

I hope Dak develops a rapport with him but if he is running deep routes, Dak will ignore him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Why would the Cowboys do that?

They aren't changing after last week.

Why wouldn't they?

Why wouldn't they change the lineup to Tyron at LT and put their strongest guy at RT behind Steele at RT in the absense if Steele?

If you mean he won't play a full four quarters, I agree. But I think we are gearing up to go Tyron, Tyler, Biadasz, Martin, and Peters..

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m cautiously optimistic.

Prime TY is exactly what we need right now. I just have non idea what kind of shape he’s in seeing we signed him off the couch.

Our WE room is so bad it’s worth kicking the tires.