This offense is unbearable w/ Dak

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
this is just horrible it was better when weeden was under center. No threat or resemblance of any kind pass offense. Even 1 yard screens were being thrown to the turf. Zeke masks so many flaws and now they’re being brought into the light. Must draft a top prospect. Dak needs to go now before it’s too late.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
this is just horrible it was better when weeden was under center. No threat or resemblance of any kind pass offense. Even 1 yard screens were being thrown to the turf. Zeke masks so many flaws and now they’re being brought into the light. Must draft a top prospect. Dak needs to go now before it’s too late.
Been right there with you. I do think Garrett's scheme relies on a very accurate passer and some improv when things break down and that's why everyone besides Romo struggles in it without a run game.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Been right there with you. I do think Garrett's scheme relies on a very accurate passer and some improv when things break down and that's why everyone besides Romo struggles in it without a run game.
The NFL's level of competition requires a very accurate passer and some improv. Romo struggled without a run game as well.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The NFL's level of competition requires a very accurate passer and some improv. Romo struggled without a run game as well.
If by stuggling without a run game compared to when he did have it,
Yes. Relatively speaking.
Maybe 6th or 7th best rating without compared to the very best rating with.
Even with pure crap olines,running game and all time terrible defense, he was coming in at mid 90s passer rating and the teams with 5 winning seasons, 3 .500 seasons, and no losing seasons.
Its all relative, I guess.
He was really good

Btw, I think Dak is good too.

NotForLong

Reaction score
If by stuggling without a run game compared to when he did have it,
Yes. Relatively speaking.
Maybe 6th or 7th best rating without compared to the very best rating with.
Even with pure crap olines,running game and all time terrible defense, he was coming in at mid 90s passer rating and the teams with 5 winning seasons, 3 .500 seasons, and no losing seasons.
Its all relative, I guess.
He was really good

Btw, I think Dak is good too.
Lololololololololol

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Really ? He was constantly at the top in TD’s and passer rating , yards every single year? He was so much better.
So much better or not he's done. If you want him to suit up again, your talking to the wrong person, you need to talk to him and his wife.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
What i do find amusing is fans can let go of Romo. The man was half a cripple on the field towards the end, but no one likes to talk about that, lets just remember the good stuff. Good ol days, loved them! :starspin:

DFWJC

Reaction score
What i do find amusing is fans can let go of Romo. The man was half a cripple on the field towards the end, but no one likes to talk about that, lets just remember the good stuff. Good ol days, loved them! :starspin:
Yep.
I was a fan, but in the end he couldn't stay healthy.
Glad we have Dak

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Dak simply needs to just take off running often. We also need to stick with the run game and then mix in some passes. It’s like this staff doesn’t know how to play it towards the teams strength..

Our identity is run first, even without Elliott our run game was decent but we abandon it all too often...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

7e2a1fad-ac99-4dc0-8571-f456d7713c9d_1.7b86c1623bb4478480250923e8e3babb.jpeg

shabazz

Reaction score
I believe all the coaching staff and half the fans are acutely aware of this

shabazz

Reaction score
Even if some say that Zeke is the reason that Dak played well last year. I don't see Weeden carrying us to the record that we had last season, even with Zeke.

Ok Dak is better than Weeden which is like herpes being better then gonorrhea

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
11 of 22 for 102 yards is not a very good stat line and it looked that bad too. He made a big play with his legs and a handful of nice throws last night but he made a lot of ugly ones too. There is a better option at this position out there

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Yep.
I was a fan, but in the end he couldn't stay healthy.
Glad we have Dak
I never really understood why they didn't bring Romo back to compete in 2017. If he beats Dak out for the job (highly likely), then gets injured, they still have Dak. I stayed neutral in the whole Romo vs Dak debate, and put my trust in Cowboys management to make the best decision.

However, after seeing how Dak has regressed this season, so far it looks like it was a terrible decision, and whoever made it, should be fired. I can only imagine how prolific the offense could have been with Romo at the helm. Assuming it was someone other than Jerry or Stephen, they need to go.

Last edited:

haleyrules

Reaction score
I never really understood why they didn't bring Romo back to compete in 2017. If he beats Dak out for the job (highly likely), then gets injured, they still have Dak. I stayed neutral in the whole Romo vs Dak debate, and put my trust in Cowboys management to make the best decision.

However, after seeing how Dak has regressed this season, so far it looks like it was a terrible decision, and whoever made it, should be fired. I can only imagine how prolific the offense could have been with Romo at the helm. Assuming it was someone other than Jerry or Stephen, they need to go.
Agreed on your basic premise. How long did Romo have, realistically. He was basically finished. health wise. No other club picked him up. There is something in that fact. He would have retaken the job...but still have retired in the off season. He had absolutely no playoff record to fall back on. The FO decision, to me, was solid at that moment.