This offense is unbearable w/ Dak

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Agreed on your basic premise. How long did Romo have, realistically. He was basically finished. health wise. No other club picked him up. There is something in that fact. He would have retaken the job...but still have retired in the off season. He had absolutely no playoff record to fall back on. The FO decision, to me, was solid at that moment.
Yeah, I do see your point given Romo's awful injury history. But, I do think Dak learning from Romo a year or two more if possible, would have been more valuable in the long run. So, let's say they name Romo the starter, then he gets a season ending injury in week 3, and Dak takes over. The major plus is, he's got Romo helping him this season. In other words, I believe Romo was invaluable to the growth of Dak as a QB.

Last edited:

haleyrules

Reaction score
Yeah, I do see your point given Romo's awful injury history. But, I do think Dak learning from Romo a year or two more if possible, would have been more valuable in the long run. So, let's say they name Romo the starter, then he gets a season ending injury in week 3, and Dak takes over. The major plus is, he's got Romo helping him this season. In other words, I believe Romo was invaluable to the growth of Dak as a QB.
OK. I have to say this. Romo was looking after his own interests, like anybody would, He had no motivation to help Prescott, and l don't blame him, It was Sanchez that was looking to extend his career by helping Prescott. That's life and understandable. Romo could and would not help Prescott learn what he needs to understand, to me, and that is to be truly viable in the NFL a QB needs to be a true pocket passer. He is working on this...but has a long, long way to go. I am not so sure Prescott can be a real pocket passer or a franchise QB. That's what the Cowboys really need.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
OK. I have to say this. Romo was looking after his own interests, like anybody would, He had no motivation to help Prescott, and l don't blame him, It was Sanchez that was looking to extend his career by helping Prescott. That's life and understandable. Romo could and would not help Prescott learn what he needs to understand, to me, and that is to be truly viable in the NFL a QB needs to be a true pocket passer. He is working on this...but has a long, long way to go. I am not so sure Prescott can be a real pocket passer or a franchise QB. That's what the Cowboys really need.
True. I guess the major concern going forward, is if, Garrett, Linehan and Wilson are the right guys to help Dak improve as a QB going forward, assuming he has the traits to be a franchise QB.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
There was no real option at the time. Its easy to second guess now but at the time Romo was seen as completely shot physically.
Yeah.
Hard to say how long he'd lasted.
The last few outings werent so promising.
I prefer at this point to focus on who's on the team now..

Boxer, I know you weren't much of a fan of his...and I was, in a big way.
But its team Dak now.
Tony's enjoying his life now

haleyrules

Reaction score
Yeah.
Hard to say how long he'd lasted.
The last few outings werent so promising.
I prefer at this point to focus on who's on the team now..

Boxer, I know you weren't much of a fan of his...and I was, in a big way.
But its team Dak now.
Tony's enjoying his life now
I will tell you what l ALWAYS thought about Romo. He was, to me, a good QB and sometimes very good. He was never elite and, to me, that was proved in his playoff and late season games. He was, to me, a great Cowboy that always gave his best and honoured the club by being a great person in the great Cowboy tradition of Morton, Meredith, Staubach, White, Aikman.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak isn't a QB that can put the team on his back and win games, he has to have his helpers and his helpers are unreliable.

So basically he's like 99% of the quarterbacks in this league lol? I don't recall a QB going out there and blocking for himself or catching his own footballs lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So basically he's like 99% of the quarterbacks in this league lol? I don't recall a QB going out there and blocking for himself or catching his own footballs lol.
If you want to argue with me then counter points I made, not make up stuff that I never addressed. Blocking for himself and catching his own passes is ridiculous. As a debater, your game is weak.

Dak is an above average QB that is a huge run threat. That will change as he get's older. As his running skills diminish as he gets older, I hope his passing skills get better to compensate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you want to argue with me then counter points I made, not make up stuff that I never addressed. Blocking for himself and catching his own passes is ridiculous. As a debater, your game is weak.

Dak is an above average QB that is a huge run threat. That will change as he get's older. As his running skills diminish as he gets older, I hope his passing skills get better to compensate.

I wasn't debating you though. I was informing you on how the quarterback position is played in the NFL. Did you not say Dak is a QB that needs help? I replied back that most QB's in this league need help. What part of that statement is wrong to where you felt offended enough to assume that I was debating or arguing with you?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wasn't debating you though. I was informing you on how the quarterback position is played in the NFL. Did you not say Dak is a QB that needs help? I replied back that most QB's in this league need help. What part of that statement is wrong to where you felt offended enough to assume that I was debating or arguing with you?
So you want to man-splain to me? Let me tell you something, we are both men here and you don't man-splain like that at the bar without getting your block knocked off so don't go doing it here. I understand most QB's in the league need help. I was just saying Dak is one of them. What part of that statement made you fill the need to disrespect another man? Look, I'm not trying to show you up and I don't expect you to do that to me either. Can we get along brother or do just always feel the need to disrespect?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you want to man-splain to me? Let me tell you something, we are both men here and you don't man-splain like that at the bar without getting your block knocked off so don't go doing it here. I understand most QB's in the league need help. I was just saying Dak is one of them. What part of that statement made you fill the need to disrespect another man? Look, I'm not trying to show you up and I don't expect you to do that to me either. Can we get along brother or do just always feel the need to disrespect?

I'm so confused lol....what is "man-splain" and where did I disrespect you?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh....

So if I was a female talking to another female would it be "woman-splain"?

Wouldn't have to be another female. A woman can woman-splain to a man too. It happened to me here the other day when WoodsyGirl explained to me because I can't get along with others I would be banned from the chat box until further notice. I wasn't even the one not getting along with people.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke is back and that means more Man to Man coverage so we should start hitting some big plays again.

Dak is a good football player but he isn't a great QB yet. He could get there but right now he's a more athletic Alex Smith.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak simply needs to just take off running often. We also need to stick with the run game and then mix in some passes. It’s like this staff doesn’t know how to play it towards the teams strength..

Our identity is run first, even without Elliott our run game was decent but we abandon it all too often...

He turns it down early in games a lot.