CFZ This Offseason The Cowboys Have Taken The Bull By The Horns

Whyjerry

Reaction score
DT, G, RB and TE are the main needs that need to be addressed. DT might need more than 1 player. My preference is to see them build from the inside - out so I think G and DT are critical needs at this point.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Jerry knows hype and sales.
He knows he has to make fans forget about Dak's struggles. He's hemmed into a bad contract, so his only choice is to try and create enough excitement through free agent/trade acquisitions to get fans to buy into the team again.
But the problem remains.
Has to make fans forget?? Most fans start forgetting and buying the hype as soon as Daddy Jerry says he has full confidence in the players and coaches 15 minutes after the season ends.
Sign one of our own? That's the one great move. Grab a couple good rentals? Great...assuming you are, with their addition, good enough to win a Super Bowl (we aren't). Sign a couple bargain bin guys? You got it.
So far we haven't done anything to get us to the next level. Instead of shopping for rental toys for Dak, we should be on a mission to build a terrifying defense. That is the only thing that will help Dak.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He knows he has to make fans forget about Dak's struggles. He's hemmed into a bad contract, so his only choice is to try and create enough excitement through free agent/trade acquisitions to get fans to buy into the team again.
But the problem remains.
wmtOkhE.gif

fredp22

Reaction score
I like that the activity is more than the past but all we've really done so far is finally replace Cooper (who we should have kept) and picked up a very good but aged cb.
Think we have to see the draft and future moves before declaring this a great offseason but start is solid

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I like what we have done so far and am happy but you have to always temper things just based on teams like the Eagles winning the off season in the past. But I do like the moves. You just hope the older vets still play at a high level and that the draft supplements them. The big question for me is how this all goes down with MM running the O, etc. You win 12 games 2 years straight then there are expectations. Have to take advantage of this window

NotForLong

Reaction score
not to the fans, but I think he is responding to coaches requests.
I think the coaches are behind the players traded for and the FA signings like jones.
I think you are a 100% right . . . I think Jerry gave it all over to big Mike . . . It is His last year and Jerry said do what tho will

The Offseason is not over yet . . . I am not of the belief that the QB position is settled as of yet

1 of 4 Things can happen (If I were Big Mike)

1. Keep Dak because in year 8 (5 Jerry years) He finally ages like Brady

2. The minute Dak shows any sign of being adequate they move on to Rush

3. Strike Lightening and Draft a Rookie that can Ride the Bus

4. Or finally relagate Dak to the Bench and Ride the Wild Card that is Will Grier to the Promised Land

I do not pretend to know the Future but I can not see building all of this for Dak. If Big Mike is at the Helm then I see Dak on a very very short leash

This Draft will be telling . . . I see them Drafting someone like DTR or Duggins and becoming this years (49ers / Purdy) . . . If they do not draft one then I believe it will be Will

He is talented and He has sat and learned . PS He got the Romo Moxie. . . I am Hoping for Duggin or DTR . . . Both of them have Moxie as well . . . None of this Fake Garrett Pesrona

NotForLong

Reaction score
I like that the activity is more than the past but all we've really done so far is finally replace Cooper (who we should have kept) and picked up a very good but aged cb.
Think we have to see the draft and future moves before declaring this a great offseason but start is solid
Why do you say this . . We picked up the former DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR from the CB Position . . . Do you understand the wrap on that He is . He was injured and it was not repaired adequately . . . Last year OT was scoped and He was right back doing what He does

And Stop with Cooper . . . They are not even the same in any way . . . Cooper was a Malcontent that was always a REAL DRAG TO BE AROUND . . . Cooks is a year removed from Cooper and has no direct correlation

Cooks does not Replace Cooper . . . He replaces Noah Brown. But in reality He doesn't "Replace" Noah because Noah is not the same type. And as far as type we have never Had a sub 6 fit speedster that plays the outside

Come to think of it . . . Only a trial select do because it is hard for little guys to run traditional WIDEOUT Routes . . . Bit there is the PHYSICAL ANOMALY Cooks doing it . . . And you think age 29 is a deterrent for a Man that is blessed athletically as He is?

Stop with the Debbie Downer BS . . The Draft is All Gravy . . . The CHERRY ON TOP

Only pressing need is DT and there are 4 candidates that figure to be there at #26

The Draft is falling to us because of the moves made

Rayman70

Reaction score
we must keep applying the pressure to philly by being aggressive and calculated. Kick every tire if need be.Force them to make a mistake in free agency and the draft. This is high stakes chess between the 2 clubs right now. I think they made 1 huge error in signing the 33 year old Slay instead of keeping their starting RG. I think they messed up. When we traded for Gilmore they panicked.. lets keep this going. Stay aggressive and calculated.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I thought it was my team, too. But Jerry showed me after 13 years of shoving Garret down my throat and then signing Dak to a long term contract that it is his team, and he doesn't care about the fans.
You have an active fantasy life.

Do you and Jerry sit around over a glass of Johnny Walker Blue and discuss his feelings about the team and it’s fans?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
So many fans are loving the Cowboys offseason that it will undoubtedly create some high expectations for next season. Practically everyone hated the Cowboys offseason last year which created low expectations for the season but the team exceeded them. It’s never a good sign when fans get high expectations for the season. That’s usually when the Cowboys disappoint. They always seem to perform better when expectations are low.
Putting "Cowboys" and "expectations" in the same sentence is a recipe for disappointment. Better to just enjoy the good moves they have made, but skip the expectations part. Then, any wins are a bonus, and you can just enjoy the team without attaching any personal emotional investment.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
But the problem remains.
Only 2 teams in the entire NFL have back to back 12 win seasons going into 2023. The team you despise is one of them. Jerry out here making kids like you cry. P.S..Hows the Chinese dry wall?

fredp22

Reaction score
Why do you say this . . We picked up the former DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR from the CB Position . . . Do you understand the wrap on that He is . He was injured and it was not repaired adequately . . . Last year OT was scoped and He was right back doing what He does

And Stop with Cooper . . . They are not even the same in any way . . . Cooper was a Malcontent that was always a REAL DRAG TO BE AROUND . . . Cooks is a year removed from Cooper and has no direct correlation

Cooks does not Replace Cooper . . . He replaces Noah Brown. But in reality He doesn't "Replace" Noah because Noah is not the same type. And as far as type we have never Had a sub 6 fit speedster that plays the outside

Come to think of it . . . Only a trial select do because it is hard for little guys to run traditional WIDEOUT Routes . . . Bit there is the PHYSICAL ANOMALY Cooks doing it . . . And you think age 29 is a deterrent for a Man that is blessed athletically as He is?

Stop with the Debbie Downer BS . . The Draft is All Gravy . . . The CHERRY ON TOP

Only pressing need is DT and there are 4 candidates that figure to be there at #26

The Draft is falling to us because of the moves made
hope your right. Not trying to be negative. Happy to see some activity early, and like the cb pickup. Still think Cooks is still just a replacement for Cooper and puts us back to a wr group equivalent to when we had Cooper. Didnt see Cooper as a "drag to be around".
anyway again not negative on team on moves and hope they keep on trying to improve

Havic

Reaction score
But the problem remains.
I’d say it’s more along the lines of seeing the success the eagles had with their acquisitions

Flamma

Reaction score
Lots of optimism to go around and back to back 12 win seasons plus this off-season and keeping the majority of the team in tact bodes well.

If they can hit on the draft we’re looking at a nice window for this team to have a shot for a couple more years….we still need a playmaker added on offense and some uglies on both sides of the ball…get those 3 in the draft plus some depth and there’s no reason this team should be weaker than last year
It all looks fairly good, but our offense still can't move the ball against the 49ers. Two years in a row they've been stuffed in the playoffs. I have no reason to believe that this team, as it currently stands, will fare any better. But we'll put up gaudy stats during the regular season.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We also want to see what guys like Waletzko, Tolbert, Williams, Devin Harper can do in 2023.

I think we all know Tyler will at least have a solid performance this year, and I don't worry about a sophomore slump with him much. But all the other guys have something to prove.

leeblair

Reaction score
Only 2 teams in the entire NFL have back to back 12 win seasons going into 2023. The team you despise is one of them. Jerry out here making kids like you cry. P.S..Hows the Chinese dry wall?
And Dak choked away both seasons.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’d say it’s more along the lines of seeing the success the eagles had with their acquisitions
Could be a direct response. The Eagles traded for A.J. Brown last year to team up with Devonte Smith and give them a top pair of receivers. We pick up Gilmore to pair with Diggs to give us a top set of corners. The Eagles guessed right on Bradberry and paired him with Slay to give them a top set of corners. We picked up Cooks to go with Lamb and give us a top set of receivers.

The first step to winning a title is winning the division, so what the Eagles have done to move in front of us motivates the Joneses to make trades like these. Hopefully, their running game will motivate the Joneses to beef up the DL some and their defensive line will motivate them to improve the running game more.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think you are a 100% right . . . I think Jerry gave it all over to big Mike . . . It is His last year and Jerry said do what tho will

The Offseason is not over yet . . . I am not of the belief that the QB position is settled as of yet

1 of 4 Things can happen (If I were Big Mike)

1. Keep Dak because in year 8 (5 Jerry years) He finally ages like Brady

2. The minute Dak shows any sign of being adequate they move on to Rush

3. Strike Lightening and Draft a Rookie that can Ride the Bus

4. Or finally relagate Dak to the Bench and Ride the Wild Card that is Will Grier to the Promised Land

I do not pretend to know the Future but I can not see building all of this for Dak. If Big Mike is at the Helm then I see Dak on a very very short leash

This Draft will be telling . . . I see them Drafting someone like DTR or Duggins and becoming this years (49ers / Purdy) . . . If they do not draft one then I believe it will be Will

He is talented and He has sat and learned . PS He got the Romo Moxie. . . I am Hoping for Duggin or DTR . . . Both of them have Moxie as well . . . None of this Fake Garrett Pesrona
it would be interesting if they drafted a promising qb, this year for possible use this season, and for whenever dak departs.
I dont think mike would or could bench dak for poor play, jerry would not like that.

Steve007

Reaction score
But the problem remains.
So True. Thats exactly what the jones are doing. Selling hype and it's working for some. There will be plenty fans drinking the Kool-Aid. Nex season wont look much different than the last. Good enough during the season, but not in the playoffs.