This picture almost makes me want Garrett back

Kaiser

Reaction score
I never had an issue with Garrett the person.
The issue was with Garrett the head coach.

but I never doubted for a second that he cared about his players.

Its also a statement about the person Dak Prescott is as well. I don't think I've ever seen the entire team come to see a player off when they get loaded onto the cart.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Remember the Hurns injury? How Garrett responded?

Well tonight, Jason Garrett was the offensive coordinator of the opposing team of the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Giants.

The Dallas Cowboys franchise QB went down, and it looked rough.

The second man to arrive to check on him, prior to any Cowboys coaches, was none other than former Dallas Head Coach - Jason Garrett.

I very much wanted to call attention to this. Not a fan of JG's work, but a great man and a class act he has always been.

Heck, if things don't work out in NY...... Jason always had stacked teams talent wise...... wouldn't mind him as our General Manager.

EkFR15NX0AA_TVH
He’s a much better coach/person than people want to admit. Babe Laufenberg is still upset they let him go.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
That's why I always said he'd be better as a college coach than NFL. He would run a clean program, be a great recruiter, parents would want to send their son to go play for him.
I said to someone yesterday he should be on the list for UT to reach out to.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Kid has been his QB since he was a rookie, only a...shmuck wouldve done otherwise.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
After 5 weeks of Kellen Moore and Mike Nolan running the show with masked Fatty eating Twinkie’s while he watches, I miss Garrett for more than his kind demeanor.

We’d be 4-1 with Red and Marinelli.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, the guy who has the 32 ranked offense
And was a prop of Jerry.. sure.. If we had any real OC while Romo was here, we could actually made real noise.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
He’s a much better coach/person than people want to admit. Babe Laufenberg is still upset they let him go.
Looking at how things are going in NY... I wouldn't be against bringing him back in next season in a role that better suits his skill-set.... Head of Player Personnel or GM.

Players love the guy. He has always attracted talent, and he knows how to navigate the Jerry Jones infested waters of the Dallas Cowboys organization.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For the record......I never had a issue with Garrett the person. I think he meant well. Great guy. He wasn't the head coach for this team and honestly he's probably right where he belongs.....I know he has to be dealing with less stress than he was as our head coach.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Kid has been his QB since he was a rookie, only a...shmuck wouldve done otherwise.
While true....I Think we all kind of forget that about Dak and his relationship. When it came down to Romo coming back in after his injury it was Garrett who rode for Dak. I don't think Dak forgets that and ever will. That's a bond they will have until death.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I've always believed this. Garrett can be a great Coach in the NFL. I never thought that it would be in Dallas, I thought he would have to go elsewhere to get that chance and who knows, the Giants are bad right now but lets see what happens?

RS12

Reaction score
Go watch a Duke basketball game together? Sure. Bring him back as HC? Not on your life.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember the Hurns injury? How Garrett responded?

Well tonight, Jason Garrett was the offensive coordinator of the opposing team of the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Giants.

The Dallas Cowboys franchise QB went down, and it looked rough.

The second man to arrive to check on him, prior to any Cowboys coaches, was none other than former Dallas Head Coach - Jason Garrett.

I very much wanted to call attention to this. Not a fan of JG's work, but a great man and a class act he has always been.

Heck, if things don't work out in NY...... Jason always had stacked teams talent wise...... wouldn't mind him as our General Manager.

EkFR15NX0AA_TVH
I also was not a fan of him as a coach, but I never understood how some fans couldn't leave it at that, and instead had to fabricate all sorts of stories about how he was a jerk, and didn't care, and threw all the players under the bus. Clearly most players didn't feel that way about him.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Screw Garrett

Garrett was always about protecting his own job, and whatever high-producing player had to be sacrificed to cover his hind end or buy him more time in the head coach's chair got sacrificed

You don't have to walk across the field and look at some guy's ankle to be a players coach. It might have been better if he would have had the back of a lot of the guys that played their guts out for him while he wasted the primes of their careers

maybe he should have cared a little bit less about the starfish in a little bit more about his prime producing players. I hope he fails everywhere he coaches the rest of his miserable career

No one deserves it more

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Knowing what you want in life is half of the journey...sometimes smart people can be stubborn JG might love being a coach but it is not his natural position.
Jason will be great as the head of the organization PR and this job will fit him the best..

Londonboy

Reaction score
It was a great thing to see Him do, He clearly cares.

He got there before Our Coaches because He was closer (and Ours are built for comfort not speed), not because He cares more.
He'd be a terrible hire as a GM, being a decent Guy who cares isn't necessarily a good quality in a position that often requires a ruthless mentality, after watching what happened with Coughlin in Jacksonville's NFL backwater, I shudder to think of the media frenzy swirling around Da 'Boys after any and every bump in the road with a former HC as GM.