This place would've gone nuts

HungryLion

Reaction score
The eagles told them they wanted an offensive player. Jeff Lurie and Jerry are buddies.

Yeah I think in those trades. The GM or owner are honest with each other. Like I’m sure before you give them the pick, you ask who are you taking?

it’s possible the other team lies to you..... but that’s bad business because if you straight up lie. Then don’t expect help the next time you wanna try to trade picks.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I believe they verbally agree to not take a certain player.

Unenforceable, but going against that would probably be seriously frowned upon.

Beat me to it. I was just saying. I’m sure they make a gentlemans agreement on who the pick will be. And if you lie.... don’t expect to be helped with a trade or anything in the future.

bewp7

Reaction score
it would hurt u so much in the long run that it would never be worth lying to a team like that

not even with just the team u lie to but every other team in he league

i wish the eagles did do that :p

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
When there's trades like this teams usually tell the other one who they want. If they lie about it the word would spread around the league like wildfire and that team would never get a chance to make draft trades ever again.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yeah I think in those trades. The GM or owner are honest with each other. Like I’m sure before you give them the pick, you ask who are you taking?

it’s possible the other team lies to you..... but that’s bad business because if you straight up lie. Then don’t expect help the next time you wanna try to trade picks.

Exactly. You could screw someone once like that— but don’t ever expect help again— and you know you are gonna need it at some point (at least a smart GM would lol)

Sydla

Reaction score
Roseman is a snake but if he told the Cowboys he was going offense and then tricked them and took Parsons, the Jones would have let that be known to other owners and few GMs would want to work with Roseman going forward. So while Roseman is a snake that you can't trust, he's also a smart guy and knows he can't be lying like that and then continue to be able to work with other teams.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
These owners need each other for all the deals they make in the offseason for rule changes, stadium panhandling, etc. Would be a horrible decision to do that and expect that karma wouldn't have been paid back 10x over.

Remember - at the end of the day, they're all there to make each other money.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Beat me to it. I was just saying. I’m sure they make a gentlemans agreement on who the pick will be. And if you lie.... don’t expect to be helped with a trade or anything in the future.
Especially when the trade is that tight.

Flamma

Reaction score

Absolutely. Real easy. Philly GM flat out told Jerry who they were targeting knowing Dallas isn't going for the WR. Had he betrayed that trust, the entire league would know about it.

The more risky part was if the Giants traded back with the Cards and they took Parsons.

conner01

Reaction score
Absolutely. Real easy. Philly GM flat out told Jerry who they were targeting knowing Dallas isn't going for the WR. Had he betrayed that trust, the entire league would know about it.

The more risky part was if the Giants traded back with the Cards and they took Parsons.
I think most trades they disclose who they want
Probably more so in cases where it’s such a small move
Trades are made with a player in mind most of the time

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I would have been way more nuts if they had drafted Fields, I am ok with A WR, we can deal with that, plus if Philly hadn't taken him, NY would, but a QB that would be kicking our butts until I'm retired? No way!

Twin928

Reaction score
The eagles told them they wanted an offensive player. Jeff Lurie and Jerry are buddies.
All ima say is we need corners cuz nobody on our defense is stopping smith fast azz on a go route I love diggs but he ain’t the fastest

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I imagine that would blackball them from future draft trades with most other teams.