This Season Is Done

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The shine has worn off this 6-1 start. We have all seen this story many times. Start hot and then fizzle out for many reasons. Be it extremely questionable officiating, injuries piling up, poor playcalling, questionable coaching, terrible play all over the field. At this point, the East is even up in the air. Dallas goes on the road for 3 straight and the Eagles have a cupcake finish to their season.

The excitement of this season has been washed down the drain. If this was a proven team who had players and coaches who could overcome adversity, I would be ok. For example, KC and Tampa. KC was 3-4 and looked dead in the water. But they have guys and coaches who know how to win when it matters. Tampa hit a little speedbump but the same as KC, they know how to overcome and win. We absolutely do not. Dallas is a front running team. They look great when it's peaches and cream and going great. Punch this team in the mouth and they fold up.

I really did buy in at 6-1. I thought this was going to be a different season. Something seemed different. We were winning games we usually lost. Defense finally forcing turnovers. We had that swagger and it was fun. And now, it's painful to watch. We know the end of this movie. I will keep watching because sports is just entertainment and I enjoy it but this team is going nowhere. One wild card win is their ceiling and a beatdown in the divisional round would come next if they even get that far.

Well you're a lot of fun. :(

RonWashington

Reaction score
This is just a theory but playing at the Art Gallery half the year makes a team “ comfortable “ . Then you have to go outside play in the neighbors backyard in places like Arrowhead Stadium or Lambeau Field or even the Meadowlands or Lincoln Field or Foxborough late in the year no climate control no art work on the walls ….it puts you at a disadvantage . Softens you up for when 70k maniacs are screaming for blood the winds blowing it’s 30 degrees …

I assume the NFC East title for what’s that’s worth will mean one home playoff game against a Wildcard with a chip on the shoulder ready to smash and grab Raiders style …if you get past that game pack your bags and good luck . No 59 yard Field goals in January in those ice boxes .

Fredbeard

Reaction score
The cowboys start 6-1
"THE nFl Should juSt gIve uS the Lombardi now!!!!!!!
The cowboys lose three of their last four
" all hOpE iS lOsT . The cOwBoyS should fOrfiEt tHE rEst oFSeAsOn!!!!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The cowboys start 6-1
"THE nFl Should juSt gIve uS the Lombardi now!!!!!!!
The cowboys lose three of their last four
" all hOpE iS lOsT . The cOwBoyS should fOrfiEt tHE rEst oFSeAsOn!!!!

Yeah, I just understand all these fatalistic threads on these boards. Why can some people only think in extremes? The losses vs KC and the Raiders really piss me off too and I also don't think we are a top team anymore. But 7-4 is still a not so bad position to be in and everything is still possible.

So why make such statements? Only to be able to say "I told you so"?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly I think we’ll be ok. I still think the division is ours to lose and tiebreakers still all work in our favor.

People need to understand that AFC games are the hardest to prepare for every season. Injuries and poor prep have destroyed our chances against AFC opponents. Even without the injuries, we played poorly vs the Chargers and were lucky to win that one.

The team has played far better vs NFC opponents this season and a 4-2 finish should be good enough to grab the 3 or 4 seed.
We can't beat mediocre teams let alone good ones.
We'll be fine.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I just understand all these fatalistic threads on these boards. Why can some people only think in extremes? The losses vs KC and the Raiders really piss me off too and I also don't think we are a top team anymore. But 7-4 is still a not so bad position to be in and everything is still possible.

So why make such statements? Only to be able to say "I told you so"?
I get that some people need to get in early on the I told ya sos. But momentum is important. Competence is important. Even in the face of adversity. Just a bit more than a handful of games to go. It's a difficult thing to pick up this late....and as banged up as we are.

I don't begrudge anyone's caution. On the other hand...got to try to find a way to enjoy it too. Could be over real quick! Then the long dark times.:(;):)

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I get that some people need to get in early on the I told ya sos. But momentum is important. Competence is important. Even in the face of adversity. Just a bit more than a handful of games to go. It's a difficult thing to pick up this late....and as banged up as we are.

I don't begrudge anyone's caution. On the other hand...got to try to find a way to enjoy it too. Could be over real quick! Then the long dark times.:(;):)

Forgot the "don't" in my first sentence lol. No reason to not enjoy it at 7-4 and hopefully 8-4 next Thursday.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If you are talking about homefield and number 1 seed, yeah, that chit is long gone at this point.

However, if you are talking playoffs the season is not done, even is we totally collapse and lose the division to the Eagles, we still only need like one or two more wins to secure a wildcard.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No, of course this season isn't done -- there are far too many games left to classify it in such a negative manner. I think we've still got a good chance to be in the playoffs. Not every team can make that claim, as we can. The results should improve enough to remain qualified for that honor.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I warned early on from buying into the SB hype but this season is anything but over.

We have never missed the playoffs after starting 6-1 in 14 seasons with 10 division titles and 4 WC’s.

And if we have everyone healthy could still be a tough out. No expectations beyond that .

Sully

Reaction score
Great Teams man up and overcome adversity whether it be injuries, bad calls, or just winning at home on Turkey Day. This franchise has proven they aren't great for 25+ years. I really believe it's a culture thing that emanates from the front office. The only fix is a removal of any Jones running the franchise

Longtime Dallas fans knew the Cowboys shoe was going to drop. It has been going on for over 2 decades. Why the realistic Dallas fans were not getting gitty with the 6 game win streak because the shoe was going to drop. Cowboys have now lost 4 of the last 5 Thanksgiving games. And the Cowboys have not had a home field advantage -- in their own stadium. Barely over .500 record in AT & T and the enemies know it

ArtClink

Reaction score
Longtime Dallas fans knew the Cowboys shoe was going to drop. It has been going on for over 2 decades. Why the realistic Dallas fans were not getting gitty with the 6 game win streak because the shoe was going to drop. Cowboys have now lost 4 of the last 5 Thanksgiving games. And the Cowboys have not had a home field advantage -- in their own stadium. Barely over .500 record in AT & T and the enemies know it
Truth, not subjective.