This Season Is Done

Gorgon

Reaction score
Great Teams man up and overcome adversity whether it be injuries, bad calls, or just winning at home on Turkey Day. This franchise has proven they aren't great for 25+ years. I really believe it's a culture thing that emanates from the front office. The only fix is a removal of any Jones running the franchise
I didn't want to think this for a long time, but you hit it. There are two key weaknesses and they aren't ANY of the skill positions, but defense and OL. Trade Gallop for help in one of these areas, use the draft entirely in the others. But I agree. Other than signing Jimmah, Jerry has just not been able to be a general manager, and while I give him great credit for a willingness to spend money, it AIN'T SPENT RIGHT.

Belichek's organization could win three or four Super Bowls with this skilled group.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This season reminds me of 2006. 2006 was a weird year as Bledsoe was the starter, was pulled at halftime for Romo on MNF in a big game. Romo came in and lit the league on fire and we went on a big win streak. By early December, we were playing for the 1 seed against the Saints at home. A huge game. Saints were also at the top of the NFC. At this point, most thought the division was a foregone conclusion. Eagles were in the distant. But we lost that Saints game and went into a tailspin we never recovered from. Eagles ended up beating us (I think on christmas day) to wrap up the division. We still make the playoffs but lost to Seattle.

This is why I never ever would root for Tampa over the Eagles early in the year. People were trying to cash in on the East in the first month. Eagles schedule to end the year is very easy. We still have to play them. This is a different Eagles team than week 3 and we are a different team, too (worse).

To go from 6-1 and having hopes of that 1 seed and now needing a dogfight finish, yep that's the Cowboys way. I didn't buy into 2019 when we started 3-0 because the schedule was extremely weak and you could also see so many flaws, especially on defense. This year just felt different in many ways. But they fooled me. It was always the same Cowboys deep down, just took longer to be exposed.

What is the old saying by you know who?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
The season isn’t done. Six games left in the regular season and we will be getting some key players back. If we’re healthy going into the post season we have a chance to advance. We’ll see.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The season isn’t done. Six games left in the regular season and we will be getting some key players back. If we’re healthy going into the post season we have a chance to advance. We’ll see.

They do have a chance to advance out of the wild card round. But after that, I don't see it. And when I say season done, I mean from the initial expectations brought on from the hot start. Sure, they will still probably make the playoffs and might even win a wild card game but that is about it. Which is really hard to get excited for.

It's not like we are getting exposed by teams who are a league ahead of us. It's Denver and LV, at home. Defense played really bad in both. Offense played really bad for one and a lot of the other.

This offense has been bad since the NE game overall. And this team goes as the offense goes. Dak, Zeke, the receivers just are not stepping up. We don't score a TD last week. Denver shuts us out until literal garbage time. So many 3 and outs yesterday. Missed passes. Drops. This offense better find it and fast.

Creeper

Reaction score
This team lost its swagger. We are back to starting slow on both sides of the ball and then finishing strong at the end - just not strong enough. If the offense plays well, the defense falls apart. If the defense plays well, the offense goes nowhere.

The Cowboys peaked too early. You have to win games in late November and early December. That is what good teams do.

I would love to say Dak needs to play better, and he does but that would not have been enough yesterday. No matter what Dak did, the Raiders would have done more because the defense was non-existent. Still, Dak loss of accuracy since his injury is troubling. But it has been his history and it is why paying him $40 million a year was a very stupid thing to do.

The Cowboys early on had the will to win, even beating the Vikings with Cooper Rush. That will was not evident yesterday. People point to the OT drive where Dak missed a wide open Noah Brown. That was a bad pass, but I thought the series in regulation where he missed a couple of throws in the red zone was actually worse.

If there is one indication that this team has cooled off and could be done it is the lack of a running game. 62 yards rushing against a team that averages giving up more than twice that is a miserable performance. I have no idea what happened to the OL but without them making holes for Zeke and Pollard, the offense is going to become too one dimensional.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I have been UPSET, MAD, ANGRY for hte past 25 years. I no longer belive in this team. I TRIED to believe this season... but no it is more of the same crap

Carson

Reaction score
We play ONE team with a winning record the rest of the way .

We face the following QBs

- Trevor Siemian
- Taylor Heineke
- Daniel Jones
- Kyler Murray
- Jalen Hurts

0 reason to miss the playoffs

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Agreed, this team is done. We were wondering if they were "different" from previous NFC East winning teams (2018, 2016, 2014) and they aren't. In fact, they are actually even worse considering how soft they are on offense. Softest offense since 2008...all finesse, too scared to get physical in the trenches and get dirty

32BellyOption

Reaction score
They do have a chance to advance out of the wild card round. But after that, I don't see it. And when I say season done, I mean from the initial expectations brought on from the hot start. Sure, they will still probably make the playoffs and might even win a wild card game but that is about it. Which is really hard to get excited for.

It's not like we are getting exposed by teams who are a league ahead of us. It's Denver and LV, at home. Defense played really bad in both. Offense played really bad for one and a lot of the other.

This offense has been bad since the NE game overall. And this team goes as the offense goes. Dak, Zeke, the receivers just are not stepping up. We don't score a TD last week. Denver shuts us out until literal garbage time. So many 3 and outs yesterday. Missed passes. Drops. This offense better find it and fast.

Its a long season and the teams playing great now could also suffer key injuries and their fortunes could change like ours. If we can get healthy and get some momentum ya never know. Look at the Giants when they got hot at the end of year, squeeked in the playoffs and won the whole damn thing. Football is a game of momentum and we just need to get ours back.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
They made the SB, what exactly has Dak done?

You talk about how Dak should be traded away for Goff and yet the Rams were the ones who decided that Goff was no longer worth their time and investment and they traded him away for Stafford. So if they believed that Goff was such a franchise QB, who could actually win the Super Bowl for them, they wouldn't have traded him away.

Goff with the Lions is what some say that Dak would be without a good team around him, yet you still give Goff the benefit of the doubt and say he should get another chance on another good team and talented roster. With a coach who may not even be as good as McVay is at helping Goff.

Aulac

Reaction score
You talk about how Dak should be traded away for Goff and yet the Rams were the ones who decided that Goff was no longer worth their time and investment and they traded him away for Stafford. So if they believed that Goff was such a franchise QB, who could actually win the Super Bowl for them, they wouldn't have traded him away.

Goff with the Lions is what some say that Dak would be without a good team around him, yet you still give Goff the benefit of the doubt and say he should get another chance on another good team and talented roster. With a coach who may not even be as good as McVay is at helping Goff.

Yes they traded Goff, but they sure as hell ain't trading for Dak. Goff and Akers were the reason they even had a chance against the Packers in the "divisional" round, meanwhile the defense completely collapse. Damn that word is like music to my ears. Meanwhile the defense and ST is literally giving Dak every chance to get it done, and he can't even do that, in a regular season game no less.

morat1959

Reaction score
The shine has worn off this 6-1 start. We have all seen this story many times. Start hot and then fizzle out for many reasons. Be it extremely questionable officiating, injuries piling up, poor playcalling, questionable coaching, terrible play all over the field. At this point, the East is even up in the air. Dallas goes on the road for 3 straight and the Eagles have a cupcake finish to their season.

The excitement of this season has been washed down the drain. If this was a proven team who had players and coaches who could overcome adversity, I would be ok. For example, KC and Tampa. KC was 3-4 and looked dead in the water. But they have guys and coaches who know how to win when it matters. Tampa hit a little speedbump but the same as KC, they know how to overcome and win. We absolutely do not. Dallas is a front running team. They look great when it's peaches and cream and going great. Punch this team in the mouth and they fold up.

I really did buy in at 6-1. I thought this was going to be a different season. Something seemed different. We were winning games we usually lost. Defense finally forcing turnovers. We had that swagger and it was fun. And now, it's painful to watch. We know the end of this movie. I will keep watching because sports is just entertainment and I enjoy it but this team is going nowhere. One wild card win is their ceiling and a beatdown in the divisional round would come next if they even get that far.
Nailed it….country club environment in JJ’s world.

morat1959

Reaction score
Great Teams man up and overcome adversity whether it be injuries, bad calls, or just winning at home on Turkey Day. This franchise has proven they aren't great for 25+ years. I really believe it's a culture thing that emanates from the front office. The only fix is a removal of any Jones running the franchise
And this my fellow Cowboy fans sums it up in a nutshell!

morat1959

Reaction score
real quick they made it due to one of the most egregious no calls in nfl history, and then got spanked. but, also... AFTER making the superbowl and all the goodwill that should come along with it, the rams gave up a first to get rid of goff. that's really all you need to know
JJ loves ya!

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
People need to understand that AFC games are the hardest to prepare for every season. Injuries and poor prep have destroyed our chances against AFC opponents. Even without the injuries, we played poorly vs the Chargers and were lucky to win that one.

Does this not go both ways?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yes they traded Goff, but they sure as hell ain't trading for Dak. Goff and Akers were the reason they even had a chance against the Packers in the "divisional" round, meanwhile the defense completely collapse. Damn that word is like music to my ears. Meanwhile the defense and ST is literally giving Dak every chance to get it done, and he can't even do that, in a regular season game no less.

You Dak critics don't even make sense. Because one minute you say that the team should trade Dak away to another NFL team for draft picks and/or another player or QB and the next you are saying that no NFL team would want to trade for Dak. So which one is it?

Whatever Goff did in the Rams Super Bowl year, didn't matter or count enough to the Rams to keep him and they still took their chances with Stafford who make very little playoff success with the Lions and yet were still willing to take the gamble to trade away a QB you give all of the credit to for the Rams Super Bowl season. Goff had a chance to get it done and couldn't with the Rams, as they didn't want a QB just to get them to the Super Bowl, but one who they believe actually could win one for them and they didn't think that was Goff.