Twitter: This shows what’s wrong with Jaylon

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
They do. But you can still hold the point of the attack
But I hear you bro!

But RoMac didn't really hold the point of attack. He was attacking downhill (something our LB's didn't do this year) and sidestepped the OL, who barely got a hand on him. It wasn't like he stood the OL up, shed the block and made the tackle.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jaylon went soft is what happened and then the culture around the star pandered to his every need. ALL YES MEN. The new regime wont go for soft.

quickccc

Reaction score

He can generate power. That’s why he gets blown away by linemen, he can’t stand his ground and push

you're really basing this critique of Jaylon off a Pro Bowl Challenge Skills Game ? LOL ,.. " C'mon maaaaaaan ! " :lmao2:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Jaylon is officially public enemy number 1 in Dallas:lmao: yall on his head nonstop
I agree.

He just went to the Pro Bowl.

Good lord.

I think we have been lucky to have him.

He may not have a long career but what heart.

I right now am considering a knee replacement. I am 66 and have put up with knee issues my whole life.

Injured it playing HS football in 1966. Never been the same.

Jaylon is going to have arthritis issues as he gets older. Most here probably do not know anything about that.

But I can tell you, it ain't fun.

So lighten up on Jaylon.

Strong dude that is admirable. Not a fraud or waste of time to enjoy.

I wish him all the best.

Last edited:

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

there is something wrong with him for sure

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I agree.

Good lord.

I right now am considering a knee replacement. I am 66 and have put up with knee issues my whole life.

Jaylon is going to have arthritis issues as he gets older. Most here probably do not know anything about that.

So lighten up on Jaylon.

I wish him all the best.

No one has been more undeserved as a Pro Bowl player. Completely meaningless tackle total, especially for a Defense that was a joke most of the season, mainly because of his regression. How do you see the videos posted on here and see anything to be admired? He quit on so many plays, worse, it looked like he couldn't do anything even if he put the effort in, because one of his legs isn't working like it should.

You have a brand new staff on D in here that has no connection to him or drafting him. If they see a guy who won't, or worse, can't run, he will be limited or cut this season.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Looks like he underestimated how heavy the bag was. And after he started weak it was over.... the other guy looks like he has done it before..maybe he has in a previous pro bowl and kinda knew what to expect..idk

He's also a big *** defensive lineman.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No one has been more undeserved as a Pro Bowl player. Completely meaningless tackle total, especially for a Defense that was a joke most of the season, mainly because of his regression. How do you see the videos posted on here and see anything to be admired? He quit on so many plays, worse, it looked like he couldn't do anything even if he put the effort in, because one of his legs isn't working like it should.

You have a brand new staff on D in here that has no connection to him or drafting him. If they see a guy who won't, or worse, can't run, he will be limited or cut this season.
cant or wont tackle. THATS A PROBLEM FOR ME. AGREE.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree.

Good lord.

So lighten up on Jaylon.

I wish him all the best.
WE WENT 8-8 man. I love Jaylon, but he needs to get right mentally and so on. The new staff wants results and toughness. Whiffing on tackles will get him benched. MM and company wont take too kindly to bad tackling and missed assignments.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Jerry has created a legion of fans (smartly so) that have fallen in LOVE with the narrative of the Cowboys. This is nothing new. In an era where less and less people are attending games in person...Jerry's stadium is standing room only...even for a team that has not won in 25 years...because he understands that convincing fans...of ANY team...that Cowboys games are the "place to be"...regardless of who you root for...so he does not care if you show up on Sunday to root for Dallas...or the opposition...just as long is their are butts in seats.

I bring this up to address the legion of fans that dismiss this video as just a "pro bowl" activity. The essence of football is blocking and tackling. If you are a MLBer. In the NFL. And you can not hit something and drive it.....THAT IS A PROBLEM. This video is just one of MANY examples that this guy is a fraud. In a game...he can make an excuse that he is being blocked by a 350lb offensive lineman. Or he can "gang" tackle. But people have said keep him clean....and let him hunt. Well....he is clean in this drill..and the force he hit was NOT pushing back. And I doubt it weighed 200+ pounds (the size of NFL RBs). He got STOOD up by a bag...that was NOT pushing back. The fact that there are people defending this....is just more proof of Jerry's genuis. So be careful when debating with people that are in a state of "blue and silver" hypnosis!

Gaede

Reaction score
Jerry has created a legion of fans (smartly so) that have fallen in LOVE with the narrative of the Cowboys. This is nothing new. In an era where less and less people are attending games in person...Jerry's stadium is standing room only...even for a team that has not won in 25 years...because he understands that convincing fans...of ANY team...that Cowboys games are the "place to be"...regardless of who you root for...so he does not care if you show up on Sunday to root for Dallas...or the opposition...just as long is their are butts in seats.

I bring this up to address the legion of fans that dismiss this video as just a "pro bowl" activity. The essence of football is blocking and tackling. If you are a MLBer. In the NFL. And you can not hit something and drive it.....THAT IS A PROBLEM. This video is just one of MANY examples that this guy is a fraud. In a game...he can make an excuse that he is being blocked by a 350lb offensive lineman. Or he can "gang" tackle. But people have said keep him clean....and let him hunt. Well....he is clean in this drill..and the force he hit was NOT pushing back. And I doubt it weighed 200+ pounds (the size of NFL RBs). He got STOOD up by a bag...that was NOT pushing back. The fact that there are people defending this....is just more proof of Jerry's genuis. So be careful when debating with people that are in a state of "blue and silver" hypnosis!

I don't think he's a total fraud. Last year, he played really well. This year, he stunk. He's got weaknesses in his game, for sure, but I think our D coaches really crapped the bed, especially when you consider LVE was also playing terribly before getting hurt.

I'm willing to give him another year to see which Jaylon we get. And that has nothing to do with his story. It's because I've seen him make plays--sacks, FF, TFL etc--and that tells me he's got some major positives as a player.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
FWIW Jaylon Smith had 12 tackles in the game.
By FAR the most of anyone.
He was probably the happiest guy to be there and he played about the hardest of anyone.
Umm kinda like every game of his life.

I get people are annoyed with his branding but make no mistake Jaylon is your team's heart and soul on defense.

He just finished 6th in the league in tackles.
He did that with 2.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles an INT and 9 passes defensed.

Those are elite numbers.

If you are still talking about what Jaylon can't do just shut the heck up because you sound like an idiot.

Jaylon is a very large MLB who plays BEST coming forward but was sitting in a far too often passive scheme covering for the fact we have no safeties and LVE was injured then out.

The abuse our best players take from a mongoloid fan base is seriously stupid with a capital S.
Saying our fan base is of Asian descent is even more stupid.

If you're going to call out someone's intelligence, you should at least know the meaning of the words you use.

Obviously that in not the case here, so in the future if you don't understand what a big word means, try Google. It can be a friend to the less intelligent.

MyFairLady

Reaction score

MyFairLady

Reaction score
He might break Larry's bench press record but the fact that he can not even take on a tackling back with power is most definitely a concern. His leg is not right. It has never been right. His play last year was just as bad if not worse than his second year when pretty much everyone agreed that he was a liability but he was getting a free pass because of the come back story. Well folks the come back is over. He was paid top MLB money and look where we are. This is 100% Jerry Jones. No other GM can get away with this kind of thing. He cost us a second round pick that was bad. He is costing big salary cap space that is bad. Now he is killing us on the field and absolutely nothing comes of it. Unbelievable.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Jaylon is officially public enemy number 1 in Dallas:lmao: yall on his head nonstop
yep. every year its the same thing. find a player or two to dog on then do it til they leave.

then find another player and repeat.