This Sums it Up for Me

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Watching this cluster-cuss of an offseason has been brutal. This is how I feel watching this FO “handle” decisions following the GB dismantling:

chris-farley-chris-farley-car-skit.gif

plymkr

Reaction score
I think Stephen is taking over and there’s a part of me that is growing everyday. That part of me is hoping Dallas goes 0-17 next year and has a couple seasons of 2-3 wins. We need to be in a place that the team is losing nationally televised games and isn’t relevant anymore for change to occur.

I strongly believe Jerry would never give up power as long as he’s alive but there’s a slim chance Stephen might. But he needs to be thoroughly embarrassed over a couple seasons. So even though is would suck it might be the best thing for the franchise’s future.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I think Stephen is taking over and there’s a part of me that is growing everyday. That part of me is hoping Dallas goes 0-17 next year and has a couple seasons of 2-3 wins. We need to be in a place that the team is losing nationally televised games and isn’t relevant anymore for change to occur.
The only thing that has a chance of catching Jerry's eye is an empty stadium, and I think I would enjoy seeing that more than 5 straight 0-17 seasons. Jerry cares more about butts in seats than he will ever care about the win / loss column. He convinced himself many years ago that because clueless fools keep filling up the stadium he must be doing everything right. There's no pressure to change.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I strongly believe Jerry would never give up power as long as he’s alive but there’s a slim chance Stephen might. But he needs to be thoroughly embarrassed over a couple seasons. So even though is would suck it might be the best thing for the franchise’s future.
Things need to get worse before they can get better.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don't think confusion has anything to do with it, they're just lazy and don't care. Why bother putting in any effort when the idiots are still going to fill the seats?
I think they honestly believe that what they are doing will “work”. I think they really do believe they are “all in” and that they are the smartest guys in the room.

The whole “we are hanging around the rim” perspective has frozen us into a place of inaction. We think we have a core group of players that can deliver— but we are refusing to commit long money to them bc they continue to crap the bed in Jan.

I think they believe their inaction this offseason is the best course of direction for the franchise— and it is PRECISELY THAT conviction that reveals just how delusional this FO is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Watching this cluster-cuss of an offseason has been brutal. This is how I feel watching this FO “handle” decisions following the GB dismantling:

chris-farley-chris-farley-car-skit.gif
this is not a surprise to me. the bill comes due for every team handing out a large contract. if it doesn't work out, they have to take a lump sum hit and move on (takes at least two years). so Cowboys seemingly are there. 59M in cap hit from Dak, reduced to 55M, which is more than 20% of your cap. bunch of other older players being in the last year of their contracts, like Lawrence, smith, etc. its a rebuilding effort of sorts. 2025 is going to be worse.

the cowboys are leaving enough room to sign draftees.

the bad part is when you solely rely on draft and y ou miss a year, you carry it for a few years. missing on almost every draftee from last year, is going to really hurt if not already.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I know exactly how you feel, and it’ ls strange.

I don’t know that I’ll actively root against them, but if I knew that 3-4 awful seasons in a row would put them back into needing to hire a Parcells type mode, I’m in.

It’s better than more of the same.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think they honestly believe that what they are doing will “work”. I think they really do believe they are “all in” and that they are the smartest guys in the room.

The whole “we are hanging around the rim” perspective has frozen us into a place of inaction. We think we have a core group of players that can deliver— but we are refusing to commit long money to them bc they continue to crap the bed in Jan.

I think they believe their inaction this offseason is the best course of direction for the franchise— and it is PRECISELY THAT conviction that reveals just how delusional this FO is.
Also, I don’t think our two GMs are on the same page.

I did not interpret Jerry’s all in comment to mean a free agent bonanza, but why say something like that then do absolutely nothing? Probably because Jerry wanted to be a little more aggressive and Stephen put the kibosh on it. Stephen runs things.

He is way worse at this than the old man was, but there’s a reasonable shot he won’t be willing to withstand the criticism as much by insisting on running the whole show….when we already know it won’t be a success.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Jerry only made the "all in" comment to shut the fans up. He never intended to actually do it

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know I am a minority but I think there's something serious going on. Maybe a major trade, maybe something with Jerry's health or as someone else stated, maybe selling the team. We all agree we have never seen such a lack of passion or activity from Jerry since burying the team. Everything is so quiet........we are not hearing anything from anyone. Let's see what happens with their annual pre-draft presser.......that should happen within the week or so.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I know I am a minority but I think there's something serious going on. Maybe a major trade, maybe something with Jerry's health or as someone else stated, maybe selling the team. We all agree we have never seen such a lack of passion or activity from Jerry since burying the team. Everything is so quiet........we are not hearing anything from anyone. Let's see what happens with their annual pre-draft presser.......that should happen within the week or so.
I was going to say the same, not to be on the positive side because you know that's beyond my beliefs with this team. I just think they're fooling us in some manner, deals will get done etc, they're just doing it on their time