CFZ This Team Actually Goes as Micah Parsons Goes

Mr_437

Reaction score
It's a defensive team and the 49 points scored last week is the most by any team this year.
It's not a Tony Pollard team, so it's a defensive team. The Defense is the best unit for the team, followed by STs, then the Offense. You gotta love finally having a good Defense.
:flagwave:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Dak has a contagious element that makes everyone want to be the very best player and match his achievements on the field as nearly as much as Micah does.

Dak could. But Dak doesn't have the drive that Micah has to win. To his credit, though, he has pretty good leadership qualities. They're just not on Micah's level.

But this team won without Dak. I don't think it's really so much the quarterback that we've had for 6 years who was that missing piece. I think Parsons is. It's no coincidence we go the playoffs two years in a row after he arrives.

Because Cooper Rush was also a good leader down that stretch.

Sure, Dak is a part of that, and I'm giving him credit. Dak is a decent player, and leads by example rather well.

He just has a different type of leadership, which is more effective, for whatever reason. Both lead by example. Micah just does it at another level, probably because he plays at the highest level.

That's what's great about Micah. He brings along with him, other things, aside from being the best, that really help your team.
Disagree about Dak. Romo has alluded to the fact that even as a rookie Dak had something within the locker room that Romo never had in terms of players gravitating to him as a leader.

Parsons leadership comes naturally due to being the best player in the world. It's like being Michael Jordan. When the best player is a max effort player, being a leader becomes easy.

Dak appeared as excited as anyone when Cooper Rush had success.

Obviously Dak has a more subtle personality than Parsons.

It's Aikman style vs Michael Irvin style leadership.

Obviously not all great players have "it". Witten was an aloof character that wasn't really a leader pee se. He did lead by example with great work ethic not emotional leadership.

Sean Lee was a big time leader but constantly being injured kept him from reaching the Parsons level of leadership.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry says this team goes as Zeke goes. But what he really means is, this team goes as Micah Parsons goes.

I don't care what anyone says, Micah sets the tone on this team, leads the culture.

If you really break down what Jerry is saying there, it's actually a hint to Micah Parsons: keep playing at your level, and you'll get paid like Zeke.

Are some of you who are crying about Zeke now going to hate on Parsons when he gets old, which is inevitable? And gets paid.

I'm just asking.

Because I truly believe what I'm saying here.

Listen to Jerry's words.

In the beginning of the season, he talked about "availability," which meant playing through injuries, like our boy Zeke did.

He likely took some damage to his body for playing last year until the playoffs, and he's still a very good back in the NFL, particularly because of his playing style. I mean, by no means is he done yet.

So, to me, while Zeke is an example of toughness, I fully believe he means that as a message to Micah since I believe he also knows this teams actually goes as Parsons goes.

Man, what a great job by pretty much this entire team. I usually have a few players I don't like every year. But I can't really find one this year, and I think that's because I think not only is Parsons a great individual talent, he makes everyone around him better for reasons other than his talent.

So this team goes like Micah goes, especially if Micah gives it his all like Zeke and plays through nagging injuries with his level of toughness.

disagree this has been team effort, MP doesn't play all 53 positions or coach.,.hes a big reason the defense is successful but again TEAM play.. putting all your fan egs in one basket says what if MP has a season ending injury, we lose the rest of our games??

that not how it works..hes super important to having a dominate defense but no team can have their success hinge on one player.. this isnt the NBA..

just a question, how come MP didn't beat the niners last year?? where was he in all those losses down the stretch you all tend to hang on other players.. so if we win its MP if we lose its dak and zeke..got it..come on man. did Penn state win a NC?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Micah is on another planet

Fgu2YbNXoAIpVFx
nice chart shows Garrets great as well but most surprising the Oft criticized and hated on Tank is pretty high on that list.

Brax

Reaction score
Uhhh, not only Micah, but Dak as well. Each side of the ball have their leaders.
Right on cue, and wrong again it showed in the games with the PS qb the leader and driver is MP, if Dak just drive’s the bus it’s good ,you need to stop making everything about Dak he’s a replaceable part and a liability in big games.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Right on cue, and wrong again it showed in the games with the PS qb the leader and driver is MP, if Dak just drive’s the bus it’s good ,you need to stop making everything about Dak he’s a replaceable part and a liability in big games.
You need to get some help. Anytime anyone brings up Dak, you have a mental breakdown. Get help ASAP.

Brax

Reaction score
You need to get some help. Anytime anyone brings up Dak, you have a mental breakdown. Get help ASAP.
No you have Dak “Obsessive love disorder” (OLD it can be cured, stop making every thread about Dak, take a break from him till the season is over and remember it’s you who’s first to post about Dak so the problem definitely rests with you. Get help you will be better for it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jerry says this team goes as Zeke goes. But what he really means is, this team goes as Micah Parsons goes.

I don't care what anyone says, Micah sets the tone on this team, leads the culture.

If you really break down what Jerry is saying there, it's actually a hint to Micah Parsons: keep playing at your level, and you'll get paid like Zeke.

Are some of you who are crying about Zeke now going to hate on Parsons when he gets old, which is inevitable? And gets paid.

I'm just asking.

Because I truly believe what I'm saying here.

Listen to Jerry's words.

In the beginning of the season, he talked about "availability," which meant playing through injuries, like our boy Zeke did.

He likely took some damage to his body for playing last year until the playoffs, and he's still a very good back in the NFL, particularly because of his playing style. I mean, by no means is he done yet.

So, to me, while Zeke is an example of toughness, I fully believe he means that as a message to Micah since I believe he also knows this teams actually goes as Parsons goes.

Man, what a great job by pretty much this entire team. I usually have a few players I don't like every year. But I can't really find one this year, and I think that's because I think not only is Parsons a great individual talent, he makes everyone around him better for reasons other than his talent.

So this team goes like Micah goes, especially if Micah gives it his all like Zeke and plays through nagging injuries with his level of toughness.

I'm not saying that Parsons isn't a huge part of our defense. But he's not alone. We've had crap defenses with Demarcus Ware. One of the best players in our history. This year we have multiple impact plays on D.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No you have Dak “Obsessive love disorder” (OLD it can be cured, stop making every thread about Dak, take a break from him till the season is over and remember it’s you who’s first to post about Dak so the problem definitely rests with you. Get help you will be better for it.
Dak is the franchise QB and will remain so for at least the next 2 years, so it's to be expected for any fan to bring him up. Seriously, go get help. Your mental breakdowns anytime anyone mentions Dak is becoming quite concerning.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Parsons elevates the rest of the players. Everyone seems quicker now, and they close on the ball carrier better than any Cowboys defense this century. Quinn also deserves lots of credit for this.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak is the franchise QB and will remain so for at least the next 2 years, so it's to be expected for any fan to bring him up. Seriously, go get help. Your mental breakdowns anytime anyone mentions Dak is becoming quite concerning.
Dak troll