This team can't compete with the big dogs

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm talking Browns, Cardinals, Bucs, Ravens, Packers, Bills, etc.

Today's game was extremely sloppy. There were a lot of good, splash plays to make up for it, however, today's game is a cause for concern. We went up against a potential bottom 5 team in the league and struggled for a good bit of the game.

Prior to the injuries of Saquon and Danny Dimes, we were in serious trouble. Defense was allowing a lot of big plays and conversions, and offense made CONSTANT mistakes. Balls being batted down and caught for interceptions, fumbles, high or low snaps, dumb playcalls, poor pass blocking, dropping passes, etc. I know they are divison rivals, however, that is not an excuse. We should have DOMINATED from beginning to end. Even with Saquon and Daniel Jones in. With them in, I'm sure this game would've been a lot closer, which brings me to my next point. We did the same thing against the Panthers, and even the Eagles for about 3 minutes before we dominated. We honestly did better in the Tampa game than any other game despite losing.

Chargers game was given to us. I believe the refs really helped us out and took 2 TD's off the board (some of the calls were iffy). We were truly dominated in that game, but were lucky enough to win.

I just don't know if we are ready to be a contending team. To win the NFC East? Yeah. The conference? No. We have some tough games ahead (Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Cards way down, Vikings). Even NE with a smart Belichick is a big concern. We cannot come out sloppy against offensive powerhouse teams or well coached teams or we will LOSE. These sloppy starts minus the Chargers game have got to STOP. Mistakes like these come back to bite. I found myself digusted looking at the offense continously shoot itself in the foot today. We have the talent, so what's the problem?! The Center is a large looming issue going forward. The snaps and pass blocking need to be severely improved. Dak is playing well, but some of his mistakes need to be fixed. I think his mental game is a little off due to his injury last year and he does not want to admit this. I am not upset at this, I just hope he can overcome this aspect of the game.

Despite all of this, I see we have strong potential on all cylinders of the game, and we are talented in almost every position. It's just a matter of playing to our full potential, which seems easier said than done with this team. I just hope we can be firing on all cylinders come December and onward.

Go Cowboys.
A Cowboys fan who days the 4-1 Cowboys can’t beat the top teams when we would have beaten the Bucs except for some missed FG’s, beat the Chargers who had a top 3 defense and beat the Panthers who had the #1 defense? What the heck?

Sydla

Reaction score
Can't beat the Bucs but almost beat the Bucs in their building and you could make the case, we should have beaten them.

Yeah, not following the logic at this point. And we didn't just beat three teams in a row, we bludgeoned them. That's what good teams do to bad to mediocre teams, even when they don't play crisp. They destroy teams.

Now, will that continue? I have no idea, it's a long season. But there is nothing right now that should lead one to believe that we can't compete with say, the Packers or Ravens or Bucs.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
A Cowboys fan who days the 4-1 Cowboys can’t beat the top teams when we would have beaten the Bucs except for some missed FG’s, beat the Chargers who had a top 3 defense and beat the Panthers who had the #1 defense? What the heck?

Panthers defense was fraudulent and that was shown after we exposed them last week, and after Philly came back and won. Chargers game was luck. We should have beaten the Bucs though.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Watching SNF and the Chiefs just fumbled the ball.... I guess they suck too. No, wait, you just said they're a top dog

I guess Brady sucks too cause Diggs got an INT off of him in Week 1

Did you see Aaron Rodgers week 1? Losing to the Saints and Winston? Why is he a top dog

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
We were very competitive against the world champions, and beat everybody else, despite a number of significant injuries on the team.

as long as Dak Prescott is healthy we will be competitive with every other team in the NFL.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Wow, I guess every fan can't be pleased and there are just some that always tend to look for the negative in everything. And how can you say that we can't compete with teams like the Bucs, when that game came down to an OPI not being called on the Bucs, which was just enough to allow them to win by 3 points. So it's not like the Bucs blow out the Cowboys. Also in that Chargers game, the Refs took away an INT from the Cowboys defense and then there were several times where Parsons got held by the Chargers OL and the Refs refused to call it.

If those are called correctly in could have forced the Chargers offense to punt more or sooner, giving them less chances to put points on the board. And if the Cowboys were allowed to keep that INT, then the offense would have had another drive to try and put more points on the board. So the "What if" narrative regarding the Refs, can be played both ways, Since the Refs have made or missed calls that benefited or helped out the Cowboys opponents this season.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

Today's game was extremely sloppy.

The Cardinals was extremely sloppy today against an extremely inferior team and the Packers was sloppy. You should know that divisional games are always tough, no matter of records. Also EVERY TEAM no matter of their record gets hyped up to play America’s Team.

Last edited:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Watching SNF and the Chiefs just fumbled the ball.... I guess they suck too. No, wait, you just said they're a top dog

I guess Brady sucks too cause Diggs got an INT off of him in Week 1

Did you see Aaron Rodgers week 1? Losing to the Saints and Winston? Why is he a top dog

Never said Chiefs were top dog and I don't think they are. Their defense is trash. Packers sucked week 1, but they have looked dangerous since.

Stopped at browns, you should log out.

Browns are dangerous and had a close shootout against the Chargers. Their defense is usually pretty good, but today it lacked. They are still a dangerous team. Maybe not particularly better than Dallas, but still strong.

Loso86

Reaction score

Today's game was extremely sloppy. There were a lot of good, splash plays to make up for it, however, today's game is a cause for concern. We went up against a potential bottom 5 team in the league and struggled for a good bit of the game.

Prior to the injuries of Saquon and Danny Dimes, we were in serious trouble. Defense was allowing a lot of big plays and conversions, and offense made CONSTANT mistakes. Balls being batted down and caught for interceptions, fumbles, high or low snaps, dumb playcalls, poor pass blocking, dropping passes, etc. I know they are divison rivals, however, that is not an excuse. We should have DOMINATED from beginning to end. Even with Saquon and Daniel Jones in. With them in, I'm sure this game would've been a lot closer, which brings me to my next point. We did the same thing against the Panthers, and even the Eagles for about 3 minutes before we dominated. We honestly did better in the Tampa game than any other game despite losing.

Chargers game was given to us. I believe the refs really helped us out and took 2 TD's off the board (some of the calls were iffy). We were truly dominated in that game, but were lucky enough to win.

I just don't know if we are ready to be a contending team. To win the NFC East? Yeah. The conference? No. We have some tough games ahead (Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Cards way down, Vikings). Even NE with a smart Belichick is a big concern. We cannot come out sloppy against offensive powerhouse teams or well coached teams or we will LOSE. These sloppy starts minus the Chargers game have got to STOP. Mistakes like these come back to bite. I found myself digusted looking at the offense continously shoot itself in the foot today. We have the talent, so what's the problem?! The Center is a large looming issue going forward. The snaps and pass blocking need to be severely improved. Dak is playing well, but some of his mistakes need to be fixed. I think his mental game is a little off due to his injury last year and he does not want to admit this. I am not upset at this, I just hope he can overcome this aspect of the game.

Despite all of this, I see we have strong potential on all cylinders of the game, and we are talented in almost every position. It's just a matter of playing to our full potential, which seems easier said than done with this team. I just hope we can be firing on all cylinders come December and onward.

Go Cowboys.
Umm go somewhere with that man lol, always 1 fan I guess

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Go Cowboys.

Every team and I mean every team has ugly days and bad days and if u can win those then good. When u dominate like we did, then great.

We dominated first half but had two mistakes that took points off the board. Second half we made adjustments and dominated

There are zero teams that win pretty games every week. None. Never been. Every team has ugly wins. And guess where it ends up.

U want total domination from start to finish..sorry you will never have that. This is not college football. This is NFL