This team can't compete with the big dogs

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with having this opinion and want to be perfect. My personal expectations are lower.
Last season we finished 6-10.

In my opinion, if we at least go to the NFC championship, I will be happy. Disappointed, but I won't be patching drywall like some fans here.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I'm talking Browns, Cardinals, Bucs, Ravens, Packers, Bills, etc.

Today's game was extremely sloppy. There were a lot of good, splash plays to make up for it, however, today's game is a cause for concern. We went up against a potential bottom 5 team in the league and struggled for a good bit of the game.

Prior to the injuries of Saquon and Danny Dimes, we were in serious trouble. Defense was allowing a lot of big plays and conversions, and offense made CONSTANT mistakes. Balls being batted down and caught for interceptions, fumbles, high or low snaps, dumb playcalls, poor pass blocking, dropping passes, etc. I know they are divison rivals, however, that is not an excuse. We should have DOMINATED from beginning to end. Even with Saquon and Daniel Jones in. With them in, I'm sure this game would've been a lot closer, which brings me to my next point. We did the same thing against the Panthers, and even the Eagles for about 3 minutes before we dominated. We honestly did better in the Tampa game than any other game despite losing.

Chargers game was given to us. I believe the refs really helped us out and took 2 TD's off the board (some of the calls were iffy). We were truly dominated in that game, but were lucky enough to win.

I just don't know if we are ready to be a contending team. To win the NFC East? Yeah. The conference? No. We have some tough games ahead (Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Cards way down, Vikings). Even NE with a smart Belichick is a big concern. We cannot come out sloppy against offensive powerhouse teams or well coached teams or we will LOSE. These sloppy starts minus the Chargers game have got to STOP. Mistakes like these come back to bite. I found myself digusted looking at the offense continously shoot itself in the foot today. We have the talent, so what's the problem?! The Center is a large looming issue going forward. The snaps and pass blocking need to be severely improved. Dak is playing well, but some of his mistakes need to be fixed. I think his mental game is a little off due to his injury last year and he does not want to admit this. I am not upset at this, I just hope he can overcome this aspect of the game.

Despite all of this, I see we have strong potential on all cylinders of the game, and we are talented in almost every position. It's just a matter of playing to our full potential, which seems easier said than done with this team. I just hope we can be firing on all cylinders come December and onward.

Go Cowboys.
LOL!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

Today's game was extremely sloppy. There were a lot of good, splash plays to make up for it, however, today's game is a cause for concern. We went up against a potential bottom 5 team in the league and struggled for a good bit of the game.

Prior to the injuries of Saquon and Danny Dimes, we were in serious trouble. Defense was allowing a lot of big plays and conversions, and offense made CONSTANT mistakes. Balls being batted down and caught for interceptions, fumbles, high or low snaps, dumb playcalls, poor pass blocking, dropping passes, etc. I know they are divison rivals, however, that is not an excuse. We should have DOMINATED from beginning to end. Even with Saquon and Daniel Jones in. With them in, I'm sure this game would've been a lot closer, which brings me to my next point. We did the same thing against the Panthers, and even the Eagles for about 3 minutes before we dominated. We honestly did better in the Tampa game than any other game despite losing.

Chargers game was given to us. I believe the refs really helped us out and took 2 TD's off the board (some of the calls were iffy). We were truly dominated in that game, but were lucky enough to win.

I just don't know if we are ready to be a contending team. To win the NFC East? Yeah. The conference? No. We have some tough games ahead (Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Cards way down, Vikings). Even NE with a smart Belichick is a big concern. We cannot come out sloppy against offensive powerhouse teams or well coached teams or we will LOSE. These sloppy starts minus the Chargers game have got to STOP. Mistakes like these come back to bite. I found myself digusted looking at the offense continously shoot itself in the foot today. We have the talent, so what's the problem?! The Center is a large looming issue going forward. The snaps and pass blocking need to be severely improved. Dak is playing well, but some of his mistakes need to be fixed. I think his mental game is a little off due to his injury last year and he does not want to admit this. I am not upset at this, I just hope he can overcome this aspect of the game.

Despite all of this, I see we have strong potential on all cylinders of the game, and we are talented in almost every position. It's just a matter of playing to our full potential, which seems easier said than done with this team. I just hope we can be firing on all cylinders come December and onward.

Go Cowboys.
Thought you were suppose to be Mr. Positive.

Fontaine

Reaction score
Never said Chiefs were top dog and I don't think they are. Their defense is trash. Packers sucked week 1, but they have looked dangerous since.

Browns are dangerous and had a close shootout against the Chargers. Their defense is usually pretty good, but today it lacked. They are still a dangerous team. Maybe not particularly better than Dallas, but still strong.

Ahh, we beat the chargers. By that logic we are the big dogs.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Title is misleading. Should’ve read Dumb Opinion. Should’ve beaten the Bucs and the only loss for the Chargers who happen to just beat your big dog Browns, but yeah we can’t hang with “big dogs”

ghst187

Reaction score
I think we can compete with any team right now. We do have a lot to clean up though.
We give up too many big plays in the passing game, we hurt ourselves with penalties and dumb plays in the red zone and often kill drives or end up with 3 instead of 7.
But man it’s nice to see a hungry opportunistic defense.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well that’s it. The season is over. We need to start planning for the draft. I can now plan my remaining Sundays. The one loss we have was to a team that went right down to the wire where they had to kick a last minute FG to win. What team was that? That’s right it was the SB champs on their field with a HOF qb. That was Tampa Bay if you forgot.

johneric8

Reaction score

Go Cowboys.
Come on Garrett, you lost today, go back to new york and get off our forums

Aven8

Reaction score

Go Cowboys.

Okie dokie. We beat LA which looks like the best team in the AFC. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s who we meet in February.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
tldr-read.gif

RonWashington

Reaction score
I thought Houston was on its way to beating NE. This is obviously not the Patriots late season snow falling Brady at QB Patriots when I think we scored 9 points .

coult44

Reaction score

Go Cowboys.

Why even play the rest of the season. Let’s mail it in now?

some of You clowns amaze me!!!!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Eh, every team has a game or two like this one in a season. Look at the Packers today.

Zman5

Reaction score
We beat the team at their place that beat the Browns today. We also went toe to toe with TB at their place.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Well, your premise that this team can’t compete with the big dogs is wrong; this team can compete, and beat, any team in the nfl today. Now, they were sloppy today and can’t be sloppy to beat the big dogs but the mistakes are correctable. The great thing about this team is they found a way to win despite some sloppy play. Then they dominated.

Go Cowboys.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Panthers defense was fraudulent and that was shown after we exposed them last week, and after Philly came back and won. Chargers game was luck. We should have beaten the Bucs though.
Wow, what you’re saying is that you’re giving up on the season.

ryanbabs

Reaction score

Go Cowboys.
I’m watching sloppy stuff on this Chiefs/Bills game too. I think we can compete with any team.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Never said Chiefs were top dog and I don't think they are. Their defense is trash. Packers sucked week 1, but they have looked dangerous since.

Browns are dangerous and had a close shootout against the Chargers. Their defense is usually pretty good, but today it lacked. They are still a dangerous team. Maybe not particularly better than Dallas, but still strong.

So by your logic, if the Bills don't completely blow out the Chiefs tonight or if they make any mistakes or play sloppy against a Chiefs team with a bad defense, then I guess that means that the Bills and Bills fans should be concerned that they can't hang with the Big Dogs? If the Bills offense doesn't put up a bunch of yards and points on a trash Chiefs defense, then does that mean they aren't going to automatically be able to hang with the big dogs of the NFL?