This team drafted like a team that loves Dak, CeeDee and Zeke

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They hit on Bland….thats all it takes for them lol…..

I don’t get their thinking or arrogance. This year they were more arrogant than normal.
Dak, Bland, Ferguson, Gallup, Conner Williams, McGovern, Shultz, and Diggs. Yeah the Cowboys never draft well after the first round. :rolleyes: :facepalm: If you expect to have All-Pros in the later rounds you are always going to be a miserable fan. Funny that they drafted 3 all pros after the first round.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
This team is delusional in thinking we can run it back. We didn’t even run. They’re acting like we just won the SB.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Dak, Bland, Ferguson, Gallup, Conner Williams, McGovern, Shultz, and Diggs. Yeah the Cowboys never draft well after the first round. :rolleyes: :facepalm: If you expect to have All-Pros in the later rounds you are always going to be a miserable fan. Funny that they drafted 3 all pros after the first round.
Yes I miss the special teams draft.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just to offer a polite counter perspective, perhaps the Cowboys were focused on Brooks at 56 but not necessarily the RB position. When that opportunity went bye-bye, they may have went back to playing the board and found what they believed to be better value/need at other positions. RB is still in play.

In terms of drafting mauling players per your description - sign me up. In general, I'd like see to more physicality on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Last year our goon when it came to mixing it up was Ferguson and to some extent Tyler B. (hate trying to spell his last name). Let's grab some guys that aren't afraid to get nasty. The perceived image of the Cowboys being fancy-pants prima donnas needs to cease. Besides, if this team really has been focusing on being physical the past few years, they have failed miserably.
That's what it looks like to me. The only backs we may have had rated as Day 2 values may have been Brooks and Benson and the draft didn't fall right for us to take them without trading up. Maybe we wouldn't have taken Brooks over Kneeland, if we had Kneeland valued like Brugler did, and maybe we wouldn't have taken Benson over Beebe for the same reason, but I don't necessarily consider that us not wanting the player, but instead it was the team sticking to its board.

The only one I question is the linebacker pick, but the front office seemed very excited to get him and we may not have had any more backs rated as values in that round.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only difference is they usually have already signed those placeholders before the draft.
I assume they wait til the comp formula date then sign a slew.
Feels very risky but it also means it really is all in on the guys in house because that may be all you got.
Yeah but I expect them to make some Everson Griffin type signings…just like they did Kendricks….

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If they didn’t get Brooks, they were always going to wait until the late 4th (trade up) or 5th for their running back. They honestly didn’t even seem interested in the other backs that have been drafted (Benson, Corrum, Lloyd).

boysfanindc

Reaction score
The only difference is they usually have already signed those placeholders before the draft.
I assume they wait til the comp formula date then sign a slew.
Feels very risky but it also means it really is all in on the guys in house because that may be all you got.
Very true.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I had mocked Brooks to Dallas like 20 times over the prior month.
But after listening to Stephen yesterday, what he said but also his tone when he said it. I immediately knew they weren't taking Brooks at 56.

He said essentially Jerry is gonna Jerry when asked about all the open love for Brooks.
Then he said ACLs aren't as bad as they used to be but Brooks isn't ready today.
Guy was making fun of Jerry and asking if he was bothered Jerry gave away their pet cat and he basically told them that wasn't his pet cat.

Then they followed by not drafting a RB (at least before pick 156 as of this posting).
While also hosting Zeke and his agent.

It is pretty clear they didn't value RB enough to reach for one at the very least.
And they didn't trade down into the RB area.
They took a LB and let 6 RB (thus far) come off the board since that late R3 they used on a Will LB and STer.
Meaning a guy like Deuce Vaughn that might have a role but is not considered a future NFL starter is all that is left on the board at RB.

It's always weird to see people arguing Jerry's words versus the teams' actions.
As if Jerry doesn't just talk for entertainment purposes 85% of the time.

Dallas manipulated R1 to get exactly what they wanted.
An R3/R4 pick to replace Lance trade fodder and then take an OT.
I am pretty sure they could have found a RB value if they truly wanted to.
And yes, I do believe they signed Snoop and Royce as fodder for camp; but if they resign Zeke it is to make the team and to play.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I had mocked Brooks to Dallas like 20 times over the prior month.
But after listening to Stephen yesterday, what he said but also his tone when he said it. I immediately knew they weren't taking Brooks at 56.

He said essentially Jerry is gonna Jerry when asked about all the open love for Brooks.
Then he said ACLs aren't as bad as they used to be but Brooks isn't ready today.
Guy was making fun of Jerry and asking if he was bothered Jerry gave away their pet cat and he basically told them that wasn't his pet cat.

Then they followed by not drafting a RB (at least before pick 156 as of this posting).
While also hosting Zeke and his agent.

It is pretty clear they didn't value RB enough to reach for one at the very least.
And they didn't trade down into the RB area.
They took a LB and let 6 RB (thus far) come off the board since that late R3 they used on a Will LB and STer.
Meaning a guy like Deuce Vaughn that might have a role but is not considered a future NFL starter is all that is left on the board at RB.

It's always weird to see people arguing Jerry's words versus the teams' actions.
As if Jerry doesn't just talk for entertainment purposes 85% of the time.

Dallas manipulated R1 to get exactly what they wanted.
An R3/R4 pick to replace Lance trade fodder and then take an OT.
I am pretty sure they could have found a RB value if they truly wanted to.
And yes, I do believe they signed Snoop and Royce as fodder for camp; but if they resign Zeke it is to make the team and to play.
Your whole post describes the Cowboys as having a psy-ops plan in place.

Psy-ops are usually considered smart.

Yet...there are a barrage of posters claiming our FO is clueless and incapable.

Winning or losing isnt the issue here...its that the FO has a formulated plan.

Yet...posters will claim we are trash.

Which is it? The haters cant respond without contradicting themselves. They rely on claiming smart is stupid if you dont win a Super Bowl. Its trash.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya were running it back for sure for sure as we will beat up on the few dog teams on the schedule and if we make the playoffs we will get blown our in our first game.
All-In baby!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
good grief my man, let it go.
The Mavs traded for Gafford and PJ for a very specific reason.
IF you actually watch the games then you know it has completely remade how the team plays.
They win with defense and rebounding and dunks.
They lose the 3-point battle nightly and still win, many nights easily.

You can literally ask Alexa/Siri and she will detail how this has impacted the Mavs.
They had the 3rd best record in basketball post trade have yes lost the first 2 quarters handily versus the Clips but have stomped on their throats since to take home court advantage with game 4 in Dallas. The Clips are scoring 91.5 points per game the last 2.

And yes, in all contact sports physicality matters and can very much be compared.
It is OK however if you don't like the comparison.
how about now 36-14..that some impressive bball.. Look man this is second game now The Mavericks look lost unprepared and uninspired so you want to bring in basketball and you're telling me this looks physical they scored fifteen points in the first quarter or. Whatever you want to call it think of it up 36 points where's all that defense?? Good great Charlie Brown lucky they have seven games much different than A much different than A1 and done NFL team 1 and done NFL team.. That's right dude I keep receipts where is the physicality this is the second game now in four games they look like they are not ready to play..39-16 1st qtr what you say now??

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tank also sean lee demarco murray

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys draft better then most teams in later rounds.
I know we're trying to convince the people who think we're only good in the first round when a cherry pick the first round picks wanna overlook cornerbacks and try to really find a way to make their narrative work by saying things that are not true we are one of the best drafting teams in the league even if it's not the best and yes last year was bad 2009 wasn't good we get it every team has some bad drafts but overall the Cowboys are a top five all time drafting team some people wanna know that's what I'm saying I'm gonna stick by it I know they draft pretty damn well outside the first round///

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I know we're trying to convince the people who think we're only good in the first round when a cherry pick the first round picks wanna overlook cornerbacks and try to really find a way to make their narrative work by saying things that are not true we are one of the best drafting teams in the league even if it's not the best and yes last year was bad 2009 wasn't good we get it every team has some bad drafts but overall the Cowboys are a top five all time drafting team some people wanna know that's what I'm saying I'm gonna stick by it I know they draft pretty damn well outside the first round///
So true. I see you talking running backs in another thread. One we sign Zeke we will have enough. Duece, Davis, and the full back are the young runners.

CCBoy

Reaction score
My man if you don't see what the Mavericks have done you aren't going to see anything.
Not really much else to say there.
Mike McCarthy has hired the top shelf charging agent now and at least this fan isn't buying into an ex-president type.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
FWIW, this same narrative is now going national.
Getting bigger and more physical will likely be what you hear about most from now til game 1.

We will have to wait and see what they do at QB/WR obviously, but they didn't sign any of them and just officially signed Zeke after adding not even as much as a priority UDFA RB.
Just because I am paranoid doesn't the mean little green men aren't after me.