CFZ This team has a totally new blueprint to win

cristglo

Reaction score
I always say at the beginning of each new season that it takes 4-6 games- sometimes more- for a football team to develop an identity, to learn how to work together to get wins, etc. Opening day, most of us watch our favorite team and project the entire season on that. That’s short-sided.

Having said that, we’re only two games into this season but I already believe this is a totally different team than those of the recent past. How you ask? This is no longer an offense centered team. This team’s best talent is clearly on the defensive side of the ball. And that should change how this team approaches game plans. Micah Parsons is not only the best player on this team, he is the centerpiece of the team’s potential.

So…what does this mean moving forward?

• The Cowboys defense is the best hope we have to win. Maybe the offense can improve slowly as the season progresses. But early on this season, winning closer, low scoring games may have to be the blueprint.
  • The Cowboys should realize they will be in almost every game this year if it’s not a shoot-out. The bengals game score of 20-17 is probably a script for how this team can win right now.
  • Maybe by November the offense can catch up. But right now it’s the defense that must carry this team.
Thoughts?
This time last year a lot of us were saying if the Defense could be just top ten we could make some noise. As the season went on it seemed our Offense drizzled and our defense started putting it together. LOL
On paper, by Nov this offense will have started clicking. One of our biggest concerns was the OL and they have gone up against two good DL and held pretty darn good.
I still have some major concerns about us stopping the run game. Is playing Micha more as a pass rusher hurting us in the area? I'm all for getting on the phone with Suh just to see what his asking price would be.
My other concern is Dak how does he come back? He clearly was rusty in the TB game how long does it take him to get up to speed?
In the Cincy game, Km game plan was good then it just went dead all those 3 and-outs hurt the defense. KM has to do a better job He has to find a way to get this run game going and take control of TOP. Got to help the defense not to be worn out before we even get to the bye.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My other concern is Dak how does he come back? He clearly was rusty in the TB game how long does it take him to get up to speed?

He probably played the worst game of his career and is paying a heavy price. From what I can tell, he lost a chunk of support from fans/media. He better have thick skin when comes back..........he's going to need it.