this team is not built to win it all

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
watever its clear on the field we have the pieces to win the SB except for a #2 receiver that i pray and hope we can get! It's all gonna be on the coaching staff whether we win the SB or not. Right now i dont have confidence in them but that could all change...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BAZ;2310399 said:
I think people are being a bit too kind to the Skins around here, in two weeks they went from worst in the NFC east to third best in the league? WOW thats some hot n' cold running right there.

That because fans over react.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
yimyammer;2310509 said:
Have you watched them play?

They play disciplined, smash mouth football and they dont turn the ball over. Its not 2 weeks I'm looking at either. Its 4 wins in a row and one close loss to the only undefeated team in the NFC. As much as it pains me to say this, they are a good team playing better than us.

Yeah I have, and they have looked good, third best in the league, eh no. It's a bit early for that. They beat any other team then the Cowboys last week and people would feel differently about them. DON'T EAT THE CHEESE MAN!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We played a team that went into NY and pushed the Giants into OT. Clearly we didn't play well today and still found a way to win. The playoffs are a crapshoot. After what I've seen in the super bowl the last few years, I wouldn't dismiss several teams (including ours) from winning it all.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2310485 said:
I agree, this team just doesn't have what it takes to win a Superbowl... They don't have the mentality.

I think we have the talent. They are just way too soft, too many mistakes/turnovers, weak coaching staff, and many egos. It's not impossible to go all the way, but I'll believe it when I see it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think the analogy that fits best is:

Some boxers can deliver a knockout blow. We cant. We dont.

We are the boxer that throws a nice 1-2 once in a while... we can jab, jab, jab.... but no big right hand.

Yes we can take a big shot and answer... but sometimes... the bells rings.

We just keep the opponent in the fight.

Nav22

Reaction score
HAHAHA...

People still think titles are won in September and October. I guess you learned nothing from last season, huh? Did you peg the Giants to be a Super Bowl team after week 5 of the 2007 season?

Speaking of which, the Giants had to go to OT, at home, to squeak by this same Cincinnati team that we beat by 9.

But by all means, keep crying after a W. Me, I'll enjoy this one like I enjoyed the other 3. And I'll hope this team peaks in December/January unlike in past years.

yimyammer

Reaction score
BAZ;2310583 said:
Yeah I have, and they have looked good, third best in the league, eh no. It's a bit early for that. They beat any other team then the Cowboys last week and people would feel differently about them. DON'T EAT THE CHEESE MAN!!

Dude I dont want to eat the cheese, I hate the cheese, but I've watched every Skins game and they are playing well and exactly like I described. I hope that stops, but their next three games should be lay-ups and they should be 7-1 at the mid point. If they choke in 2 of the next 3 games, I'll spit the cheese out.

I take no pleasure in saying this, it is what it is

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nav22;2310606 said:
HAHAHA...

People still think titles are won in September and October. I guess you learned nothing from last season, huh? Did you peg the Giants to be a Super Bowl team after week 5 of the 2007 season?

Speaking of which, the Giants had to go to OT, at home, to squeak by this same Cincinnati team that we beat by 9.

But by all means, keep crying after a W. Me, I'll enjoy this one like I enjoyed the other 3. And I'll hope this team peaks in December/January unlike in past years.
Good post (bold).

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;2310606 said:
HAHAHA...

I think many just realize this team isn't looking any better than it did down the stretch last season. The hope is that they turn it around late in the year this season for a change.

But after the last two years and so far this season, what signs do you see that indicate the team will get it's act together and peak in Dec/Jan.?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bach;2310638 said:
I think many just realize this team isn't looking any better than it did down the stretch last season. The hope is that they turn it around late in the year this season for a change.

But after the last two years and so far this season, what signs do you see that indicate the team will get it's act together and peak in Dec/Jan.?
Oh now we're collapsing?

Cause that's what you said we were doing at the end of last year.

and BTW, We are playing better than we did the last month of lsat year.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2310662 said:
Oh now we're collapsing?

We did go one and out last year too, even though some of you acted like all was sunny and rosy despite the warnings.

As for this year, I stated we aren't playing any better and are making the same kind of mistakes and showing the same lack of passion.

You disagree?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bach;2310676 said:
We did go one and out last year too, even though some of you acted like all was sunny and rosy despite the warnings.

As for this year, I stated we aren't playing any better and are making the same kind of mistakes and showing the same lack of passion.

You disagree?
I still don't think our play the last month meant anything come playoff time.

The Giants looked bad save the Patriots game.

The Skins were hot and were routed.

It's week 5. We still have some kinks that we need to work on, but we have won 4 out of our last 5. That was not the case last Dec.

What I will say is that we are not playing at the level of the November 2007 Cowboys. That team looked Super Bowl ready.

I'm going to stay consistent with my message. Improve from week to week, hopefully we win in January.

Nav22

Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe there are no signs.

And to be honest, I don't think it really matters, because there were no signs suggesting the Giants would be a Super Bowl team after week 5 of last year.

But we won, we're 4-1, and this W (like all Ws) will help us down the stretch when playoff seedings come into play.

I have no idea what this team will look like in December (nobody does), but we won today... so I'm happy.
:) <---- (indicates said happiness)

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2310713 said:
What I will say is that we are not playing at the level of the November 2007 Cowboys. That team looked Super Bowl ready.

I'm going to stay consistent with my message. Improve from week to week, hopefully we win in January.

I approve this message.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;2310749 said:
I don't know. Maybe there are no signs.

And to be honest, I don't think it really matters, because there were no signs suggesting the Giants would be a Super Bowl team after week 5 of last year.

But we won, we're 4-1, and this W (like all Ws) will help us down the stretch when playoff seedings come into play.

I have no idea what this team will look like in December (nobody does), but we won today... so I'm happy.
:) <---- (indicates said happiness)

I'm definitely glad we won. I just believe we'll have to play much better on defense and reduce the turnovers if we're to advance in the playoffs.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
windward;2310713 said:
I still don't think our play the last month meant anything come playoff time.

The Giants looked bad save the Patriots game.

The Skins were hot and were routed.

It's week 5. We still have some kinks that we need to work on, but we have won 4 out of our last 5. That was not the case last Dec.

Good post.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bach;2310799 said:
I'm definitely glad we won. I just believe we'll have to play much better on defense and reduce the turnovers if we're to advance in the playoffs.

Nothing wrong with that ..... I agree.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
zrinkill;2310521 said:
Wow STSINAZ and ThreeSportStar80 think we suck .....

What a surprise.

All we need now is Rampage and Cowboyz88 to agree.

how does suck and good mean the same thing.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
windward;2310662 said:
Oh now we're collapsing?

we are not collapsing...we are good just not great as everyone around here has been touting...including me...very disappointed but thats what happens when you dont focus on just football...i.e....romo...he could be great but he doesnt focus enough...and it shows on the football field...he has lapses and anyone who cant see that hasnt taken off the rose color homer glasses...do me a favor...take them off and you will see what we are talking about...keep them on and you wont...