Video: This warms my heart. Romo chant in NY

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I don't know - I've never sat in a prime seat in the lower bowl and I don't want to judge everybody with an all encompassing statement - but I'm pretty sure some of those people would not want me sitting next to them and if anybody told me to sit down it would fall on def ears.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not much has been made of the huge Cowboys fans at little Giants stadium, home of the Jets.
Collinsworth made a comment about it about an hour before the game, as of that time, half the crowd were Cowboys fans, and would see how it is at KO.
But the tool Costas cut him off claiming Giants fans not happy and sold their tickets on the secondary market.

Some producer probably told them not to comment on the Cowboys fans there during the game.

I couldn't tell much from the crowd how it was. but was watching with friends so was hard to hear. Will watch it again later tonight.

Anyone at the game that can comment?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, I found that strange. After a call or first down when it Dallas' favorite, I heard this huge roar. I was like, "Are fans cheering the Cowboys in Met Stadium?"

Yeah, kind of took me a second the first time it happened. That's what you get when Dallas is tied for the division lead and the Giants have lost five in a row.

DandyDon1722

Reaction score
Not much has been made of the huge Cowboys fans at little Giants stadium, home of the Jets.
Collinsworth made a comment about it about an hour before the game, as of that time, half the crowd were Cowboys fans, and would see how it is at KO.
But the tool Costas cut him off claiming Giants fans not happy and sold their tickets on the secondary market.

Some producer probably told them not to comment on the Cowboys fans there during the game.

I couldn't tell much from the crowd how it was. but was watching with friends so was hard to hear. Will watch it again later tonight.

Exactly Jazz and now you know how it works with producers. Did you also notice how they commented on the fans after the stopped 4th down cheer but then Al immediately had the caveat of "Well we know what happen in Dallas earlier this season."

Did you also notice not one crowd shot. Not one. If it was Pittsburgh, it would've been a love fest of waving towels. As I've stated many times the executive producer of Sunday Night Football is a guy namedFred Guadelli, he is from Long Island, a Giants fan as a kid and he sets the tone for the broadcast and it is what it is. One of the best things I read though was an AP writer who while commenting on the game stated, "The Cowboys beat the Giants to the delight of hundreds of Cowboy fans at Met Life.

LOL - You can't make it up.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Exactly Jazz and now you know how it works with producers. Did you also notice how they commented on the fans after the stopped 4th down cheer but then Al immediately had the caveat of "Well we know what happen in Dallas earlier this season."

Did you also notice not one crowd shot. Not one. If it was Pittsburgh, it would've been a love fest of waving towels. As I've stated many times the executive producer of Sunday Night Football is a guy namedFred Guadelli, he is from Long Island, a Giants fan as a kid and he sets the tone for the broadcast and it is what it is. One of the best things I read though was an AP writer who while commenting on the game stated, "The Cowboys beat the Giants to the delight of hundreds of Cowboy fans at Met Life.

Pretty certain they commented on it at the end of the game. I could be wrong though as we have presenters in London and then get the Al and Chris feed for the game so it might have been in the studio they were talking about it.

DandyDon1722

Reaction score
Pretty certain they commented on it at the end of the game. I could be wrong though as we have presenters in London and then get the Al and Chris feed for the game so it might have been in the studio they were talking about it.

Yeah, I think what he was getting at is it was very underplayed in the broadcast when it was so evident in the audio and in the background. Oh well - we keep winning and fans will keep jumping on the wagon and it will be hard to ignore.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That producer will be producing playoff games not involving the Giants, and then when FOX & CBS take over the playoffs after the NBC's WC games [I guess they will have a few] then he can NOT watch his Giants sitting home on his couch....LOL

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

I can't stand Bob Costas. He is the most overrated member of the media if their ever was. What I hate most about him is his penchant to not so subtlety bring forth his own political agenda to the arena of sports. I guess he feels obligated or something. Leave that **** in your head, Bob!

tyke1doe

Reaction score

That is pretty funny. :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you are. That's the whole reason they go thru that tunnel to the locker room. I'm sure if we looked around, we could find plenty of video chants at ATT.

Having said that, this is special because they weren't at ATT stadium.
Yeah probably wrong. The last game I went to was the Giants game this year. The "let's go cowboys" chant on the way out was deafening.

I have yet to see that happen at ATT

Me either. It might take a Super Bowl win lol.

Not the chants per se. I'm speaking more so about the chants of "ROMO!". I surely have never heard it there.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Yes we are and we always have a chip on our shoulders because all the hate we deal with

that is absolutely 100% without a doubt the truth !!!! we have Steeler fans, Commander fans, Eagle fans, and Giants fans all around here..... it is like a rabbit among wolves

fifaguy

Reaction score
I can imagine the emotional outpouring that would occur if we win the SB with Romo. The man has had a remarkable career while stoically enduring tons of savage criticism. JJ had it right - it will be an epic failure for the franchise if Tony doesn't get to hoist the Lombardi...