This was Egirls year not Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They were the front runners all year long . Unless Hurts is injured they could have potentially gone 16-1 . They are first team to win both playoff games scoring more than 30 points and not giving 10 points in either games.

They upgraded their team in the right places this past offseason using their draft picks complementing a top 5 defense from last year and Hurts first playoff appearance .

Hurts in his 3rd season played at a MVP level. And most likely was going to win the award until Mahomey hobbled into Super Bowl on one leg. With such a strong season are the favorite to win Super Bowl.

And they could be the favorites to win our division and lead the NFC again next year . All while the Cowboys were making cost cutting Cap moves and attempting to retool after dominating our division last year which provided the Egirls the opportunity to move past us in 2023.

Now with another disappointing loss in playoffs the Cowboys are reeling again looking to make more Cap moves lessening our talent pool while making wholesale asst coaching decisions .

More unknowns moving forward for the Cowboys than the Egirls . While the Giants could be on our heels next year as they took a major step forward as well in 2022.

2023 will all be on McCarthy as he takes over play calling. Good news is if 2023 is another disappointing ending we have our new HC already in place as our DC is probably our most popular coach on staff in decades.

Will be interesting to see what moves we make in offseason regarding the Cap and key roster releases as well as priorities in Draft . Cause we are no longer the front runner in division as we are chasing the current NFC champion.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
They have been the best team in the conference all year with Hurts. But has there been an easier road to the Super Bowl than facing an overachieving NYG team and then a 4th string QB in the Conference Title Game???

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The Cowboys are not that far behind the Eagles. If the Jones' can manage to not screw up this off season, we can compete with them and the Giants for the Division.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They have been the best team in the conference all year with Hurts. But has there been an easier road to the Super Bowl than facing an overachieving NYG team and then a 4th string QB in the Conference Title Game???
All you can do is beat the teams on your schedule. And they dominated like no other team in history .

I’d argue they prob would have handled the Vikings and Cowboys as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Egirls were the best team in NFC all year long. And it really wasn’t close.

I’d argue the Cowboys are further way from winning division and or going to a Super Bowl as a result .

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah giants will biting our rears.
I think MM is on the shortest leash in history . I have to see the schedule but my over/under on Mike is 5 games.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Good point but they would have destroyed the Bucs as well, or the Vikes. The shame is it was very winnable this year and the Cowboys once again blew it (i.e., Dak aka Mr Interception)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah giants will biting our rears.
I think MM is on the shortest leash in history . I have to see the schedule but my over/under on Mike is 5 games.
Yea, I’d say he’s definitely on the hot seat in 2023.

Carson

Reaction score
I feel like it is their year.

They loaded up on talent and all of the stars lined up perfectly.

Must win week 18 game? Davis Webb starts and you get the bye.

First round playoff? 6 seed at home

Second round of playoffs? 49ers go down to their 4th string QB and then literally have nobody to throw a pass for three quarters.

Super Bowl? Mahomes has a high ankle sprain and can barely move.

Outside of Derek Barnett, they have 0 players on IR who play. It’s the most healthy I have ever seen a team after playing 20 games. They have all 22 starters playing.

They also got to play a lot of teams before they got hot. Detroit, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Green Bay.

At the end of the day, they did what they needed to do. No hate for them handling business.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good point but they would have destroyed the Bucs as well, or the Vikes. The shame is it was very winnable this year and the Cowboys once again blew it (i.e., Dak aka Mr Interception)
The fact is was more winnable this year and the fact we didn’t take a bigger step is all the more reason to believe we could be regressing not progressing. Especially when we consider the Egirls surge.

Unfortunately that’s our measuring stick now. Can we keep up with them?

Carson

Reaction score
The Cowboys are not that far behind the Eagles. If the Jones' can manage to not screw up this off season, we can compete with them and the Giants for the Division.
The giants likely take a step back. They have a ton of cap, but will either spend it on Jones and Barkley, or take a step back. They were the catalyst of that team.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We split, so we're not that far from Philly. A couple of very close OT losses would have made the difference. They deserved homefield and to me that was what gave them an advantage in the postseason. They got healthy at the right time and right after we bruised it up with the 9ers.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Cowboys haven’t been front-runners in the division since the 90s. Eagles have been to seven (!!) NFCCGs since the turn of the century. Giants have two Super Bowls in that period as well. Meanwhile we hang our hat over here talking about Dak’s record against the NFCE.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I just want to put this out there and say I predicted the Eagles to be the best team in the division and Hurts to be the best QB.

I felt that it was easy to see that they made the moves to get better while the Cowboys did not.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I feel like it is their year.

They loaded up on talent and all of the stars lined up perfectly.

Must win week 18 game? Davis Webb starts and you get the bye.

First round playoff? 6 seed at home

Second round of playoffs? 49ers go down to their 4th string QB and then literally have nobody to throw a pass for three quarters.

Super Bowl? Mahomes has a high ankle sprain and can barely move.

Outside of Derek Barnett, they have 0 players on IR who play. It’s the most healthy I have ever seen a team after playing 20 games. They have all 22 starters playing.

They also got to play a lot of teams before they got hot. Detroit, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Green Bay.

At the end of the day, they did what they needed to do. No hate for them handling business.

Yup, and we have to give credit where it's due. Frankly, I would've hoped that Jerry would've learned from them after the last SB when they had a great defence. He didn't, the Eagles did. Hence, they're back while we're wondering what could've been. Thanks Jerry

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We split, so we're not that far from Philly. A couple of very close OT losses would have made the difference. They deserved homefield and to me that was what gave them an advantage in the postseason. They got healthy at the right time and right after we bruised it up with the 9ers.
It’s difficult to measure our two games with Egirls. As we lost without our QB and they lost without theirs.

I think the bigger point Im attempting to make here is they have progressed and not only surpassed us but looks like the entire conference.

And if they are our measuring stick to overcome it creates a great challenge. Mainly cause they are in our division. If we can’t win our division then we will have to be on the road in the playoffs which is a tougher task even if we have one of the best records.

The fact the Egirls have surpassed us becoming the best team in the conference has created much more of a challenge to overcome.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just want to put this out there and say I predicted the Eagles to be the best team in the division and Hurts to be the best QB.

I felt that it was easy to see that they made the moves to get better while the Cowboys did not.
Most sound analysis this off season predicted the Egirls had improved their roster while the Cowboys due to Cap moves had lessened theirs.

And many were picking them to over take the division as a result. So , it’s not like this was a surprise. What is more impressive is they took over the conference as most didn’t expect the Rams and Packers to be down.

Carson

Reaction score
The fact is was more winnable this year and the fact we didn’t take a bigger step is all the more reason to believe we could be regressing not progressing. Especially when we consider the Egirls surge.

Unfortunately that’s our measuring stick now. Can we keep up with them?
Eagles better win it this year. 8 of 11 defensive starters are UFA. They don’t have much cap and have to pay Hurts a projected $44.2 million per year after next season.

It is Roseman though. I’m sure he will find a way to have Hurts cap hits around 4-5 million per year

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s difficult to measure our two games with Egirls. As we lost without our QB and they lost without theirs.

I think the bigger point Im attempting to make here is they have progressed and not only surpassed us but looks like the entire conference.

And if they are our measuring stick to overcome it creates a great challenge. Mainly cause they are in our division. If we can’t win our division then we will have to be on the road in the playoffs which is a tougher task even if we have one of the best records.

The fact the Egirls have surpassed us becoming the best team in the conference has created much more of a challenge to overcome.
I think it's timing. Philly isn't leaps and bounds better. It's marginal, which is all it takes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys haven’t been front-runners in the division since the 90s. Eagles have been to seven (!!) NFCCGs since the turn of the century. Giants have two Super Bowls in that period as well. Meanwhile we hang our hat over here talking about Dak’s record against the NFCE.
No doubt overall this is true. But we dominated the division last year. And we could have placed ourselves in position to maintain .

But the fact we took a step back while attempting to retool had allowed the Egirls an opportunity to thrust past us.

And now the bigger discussion and challenge is how do we catch up and ultimately surpass them.