This was no fluke

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Payton knows our personell. Payton knows are philosphy. Payton knows saw the 3-4 EVERYDAY in practice. Payton knows how to attack it. Gary Gibbs knows how to attack our offense. If we played the Saints 10 times they would win 6 or 7 times.

Is it a mystery now who was calling the plays in Dallas the last couple of years. It surely could not have been Payton, because that was MASTERFUL. It was all scheming. The Saints do not have 1 WR who you would take over Glenn or Owens. Heck Colston is a rookie drafted in the 7th round. Payton is tremendous game planner and play caller....AND Brees can exectue it.

Lastly, I will keep saying this....but until we put pressure on the opposing QB...we are not a serious Super Bowl contender. This is nothing new folks...we cannot pressure the QB....heck we could easily be one and done because our lack of pass rush. I refuse to believe it is personell AND if it is...well then shame on Ireland and Parcells because we MUCH MORE heavily invested on the defensive side of the ball than the Saints are....but after watching that game...you tell me which defense has all the 1st rounders and double digit signing bonues invested in it.

This team was built for our defense to be the heavy....and our offense to complement it. But our offense is better than our defense...and our offense is not GOOD enough to dominate elite teams. AGAIN, we could be one and done in the playoffs.

felix360

Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing about b bailey he knew just how to attack us, i mean these guys saw this offense and defense everyday in practice

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
This is the most sensible post I have read tonight. I couldn't say it any better.

sacase

Reaction score
I think that we will see them in the playoffs and beat them down SP showed his butt tonite. IT will ome back and bite him

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;1224075 said:
Lastly, I will keep saying this....but until we put pressure on the opposing QB...we are not a serious Super Bowl contender. This is nothing new folks...we cannot pressure the QB....heck we could easily be one and done because our lack of pass rush.
We have not had the ability to apply consistent pressure to the QB since Haley retired. Period.

calico

Reaction score
I am just sick that BP held Payton back the whole time here. I am pissed that our over the hill coach stayed while the real talent left.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
curb the payton hype.

he was removed as OC by Fassel in NY for a reason (games like this where he shoots his load and the team collapeses).

3 games to play and the the playoffs... good time to get back on a winning streak and a short week :)

jrumann59

Reaction score
sacase;1224244 said:
I think that we will see them in the playoffs and beat them down SP showed his butt tonite. IT will ome back and bite him

How so? He could have easily rang up more points on request the defense stinks and the Saints exposed every major hole the defense has.

khiladi

Reaction score
chinch;1224334 said:
curb the payton hype.

he was removed as OC by Fassel in NY for a reason (games like this where he shoots his load and the team collapeses).

3 games to play and the the playoffs... good time to get back on a winning streak and a short week :)

Your using Fassel as an example to prove a point about good and bad coaching?

felix360

Reaction score
chinch;1224334 said:
curb the payton hype.

i think payton is really good coach but in this game it was really mostly that he knew how to beat us and thats it, he used to be here he knew how to beat us plain and simple

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I guess we now know why Parcells/Zimmer won't let the defense just pen its ears back and rush the passer.

This was no fluke, but not too many teams are going to have the Saints fire power. Reggie Bush adds an extra dimension to the Saints offense.

Somebody in NO better send the Texans franchise a huge Christmas card.

Idiots (in Houston).

tomduhain

Reaction score
WHY was the Dallas coaching staff NOT prepared for exactally what happened tonight?

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
Good post. I posted something similar at the Ranch. Apparently people think we had the third worst defensive performance in our history b/c we all of a sudden TODAY decided to suck and that none of it had to do with Payton and Gibbs knowing us INSIDE and OUT. Ridiculous.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
sacase;1224244 said:
Uhh.. we'd actually have to show up for that to happen and have an actual gameplan and coaches who will actually prepare their team for a huge game.

It's unfortunate that all of that was missing tonight.

For a coach preaching about what it takes to be a championship team earlier in the week he sure didn't prepare a championship team gameplan tonight.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
tomduhain;1224587 said:
WHY was the Dallas coaching staff NOT prepared for exactally what happened tonight?
I'm not sure.. but come tomorrow I sure would be asking Parcells that very question.