This was no fluke

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
bbailey423;1224075 said:
Payton knows our personell. Payton knows are philosphy. Payton knows saw the 3-4 EVERYDAY in practice. Payton knows how to attack it. Gary Gibbs knows how to attack our offense. If we played the Saints 10 times they would win 6 or 7 times.

Is it a mystery now who was calling the plays in Dallas the last couple of years. It surely could not have been Payton, because that was MASTERFUL. It was all scheming. The Saints do not have 1 WR who you would take over Glenn or Owens. Heck Colston is a rookie drafted in the 7th round. Payton is tremendous game planner and play caller....AND Brees can exectue it.

Lastly, I will keep saying this....but until we put pressure on the opposing QB...we are not a serious Super Bowl contender. This is nothing new folks...we cannot pressure the QB....heck we could easily be one and done because our lack of pass rush. I refuse to believe it is personell AND if it is...well then shame on Ireland and Parcells because we MUCH MORE heavily invested on the defensive side of the ball than the Saints are....but after watching that game...you tell me which defense has all the 1st rounders and double digit signing bonues invested in it.

This team was built for our defense to be the heavy....and our offense to complement it. But our offense is better than our defense...and our offense is not GOOD enough to dominate elite teams. AGAIN, we could be one and done in the playoffs.
You sir, are a genius!

I have been preaching this, and apparently, Parcells hasn't been reading. ;)

No pass rush = no Super Bowl, and don't even argue with me on that one.
No offensive line = no Super Bowl.
who's idea was it to not have a spy on Bush? If Ware is rushing the QB, you need your fastest spy to contain Bush, or atleast blow up the screens. It wasn't even a screen, it was more like a flat pass right over Ware.

Parcells is past his time.
Do us a favor Parcells and retire. You can let TO go right along with you and I'll throw in the ticket for Zimmer to leave. And mr Jones, go out and get a coach who is hungry and not conservative. The only thing I like about Parcells coaching style is his off season program which leads to less injuries during the season.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1224246 said:
Drew Brees... MVP of the League this year?

LT is the best player on the best team, he's the MVP.

Breese will get some mention though. He played a remarkable game tonight. You have to tip your hat to their gameplanning and execution.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Wait a minute. If Peyton and Gibbs knows our entire gameplan in and out why is it that Zimmer couldn't make a gameplan of his own with our defense since he too knows Peytons style of coaching also?

Something doesn't make sense here. We started out with an aggressive defense and was the only time that we were able to stop Brees. Then we went passive with the zone coverage 4-3 which Brees tore apart.

Yes this was no fluke. Our def. coordinator basically handed them this game. If we would have stuck with that same aggressive style defense I think this game wouldn't have gotten out of hand.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
If we played nickle the entire game our D would have played better, Dallas does play a good nickle D.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
tomduhain;1224587 said:
WHY was the Dallas coaching staff NOT prepared for exactally what happened tonight?

you've been holding that in for 4 weeks as we won, won, won, won.

do you realize NO's coach was in dallas for3 years and took 7-ish players along with him... talk about a stacked deck. plus they have more talent on O than we do with a vet QB playing MVP caliber football.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Clove;1225207 said:
You sir, are a genius!

I have been preaching this, and apparently, Parcells hasn't been reading. ;)

No pass rush = no Super Bowl, and don't even argue with me on that one.
No offensive line = no Super Bowl.
who's idea was it to not have a spy on Bush? If Ware is rushing the QB, you need your fastest spy to contain Bush, or atleast blow up the screens. It wasn't even a screen, it was more like a flat pass right over Ware.

Parcells is past his time.
Do us a favor Parcells and retire. You can let TO go right along with you and I'll throw in the ticket for Zimmer to leave. And mr Jones, go out and get a coach who is hungry and not conservative. The only thing I like about Parcells coaching style is his off season program which leads to less injuries during the season.

Yeah, and uh, maybe we shoulda' had someone keep their eye on Karney - like maybe after his first two touchdowns ... or something.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;1225526 said:
If we played nickle the entire game our D would have played better, Dallas does play a good nickle D.
Parcells will not move away from his precious 3-4...because that is a sign of concession. But I would play Roy as a LBer with Burnett in the nickel. I would then play Reeves as the Safety of Roy.

You could argue we would not be able to stop the run consitently out of this set....but that is what we have been told, we have no evidence of that. And even if teams did decide to run on us...at least that force them to score on longer drives...the scoreboard almost ran out of digits last night!!