This was supposed to be our year

Zordon

Reaction score
-GB losing Jordy Nelson for the season is huge. Plus their oline stinks.
-Seattle is down
-The entire NFC east is down
-If we were to make it to the Super Bowl, Edelman being out is huge
-Ravens down, Colts down, Broncos have peaked.

Who is scared of Carolina or Arizona?

My God, we have wasted an amazing opportunity. The stars were aligned for us if we had just won 2 games without Romo.

endersdragon

Reaction score
We won 6 out of 7 at this point last year (when things looked hopeless) let's do the same this year and make the playoffs at 8-8... We do that and we won't be stopped

Zordon

Reaction score
We won 6 out of 7 at this point last year (when things looked hopeless) let's do the same this year and make the playoffs at 8-8... We do that and we won't be stopped

It's going to be tough to make the playoffs if the Giants beat the Skins in two weeks b/c then they're most likely going to own the tiebreaker.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
-GB losing Jordy Nelson for the season is huge. Plus their oline stinks.
-Seattle is down
-The entire NFC east is down
-If we were to make it to the Super Bowl, Edelman being out is huge
-Ravens down, Colts down, Broncos have peaked.

Who is scared of Carolina or Arizona?

My God, we have wasted an amazing opportunity. The stars were aligned for us if we had just won 2 games without Romo.

Last I checked the season is not over yet.

John813

Reaction score
This weekend is really huge. Can they finally have a 60 minute game where all three aspects of the team play well?
Getting Romo back is huge, but if the defense and ST slack, we do not want a one dimensional offense.

I forgot to mention this in the dolphins thread but the Fins have good backups at DE. Shelby and Fede are guys who are replacing Wake and they were active against Philly

Jstopper

Reaction score
It's going to be tough to make the playoffs if the Giants beat the Skins in two weeks b/c then they're most likely going to own the tiebreaker.

Doesn't matter even if the giants do beat the Commanders, they have to play the eagles in week 17. The eagles have owned them for the last few years. That would be their 3rd division loss and it would give us the tiebreaker.

Zordon

Reaction score
How? We have the same divisional record and split our season series.

Well you're right. I thought conference record was the tiebreaker before common games. We actually match up pretty well in common games with the Giants. They have a two game lead on us in the conference record.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That is the double whammy from a season like this if it goes south. Not just the annoyance of a wasted year, but the inevitable "coulda shoulda woulda" afterwards that will go on the entire offseason.

"If Romo had been healthy, we would have beaten X team."

"Were it not for the injuries, we would have been in the playoffs and if so, anything could have happened."

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well you're right. I thought conference record was the tiebreaker before common games. We actually match up pretty well in common games with the Giants. They have a two game lead on us in the conference record.

Dallas looks to be okay in a 2-way tie, but if it ends up in a 3-way, we are in bad shape.

Zordon

Reaction score
this nfl season is a weird year all the way around to me.....

It really is.

How many opportunities are we going to have in the Romo era where the entire NFC East is down, N.O. is down, Seattle is down, Green Bay is down, San Fran is down. In the AFC, the Ravens, Colts, Broncos and Steelers all have problems.

A lot of things were aligned for us if we just finished 2-5 without Romo. This is why I'm so pissed off at Garrett.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
this nfl season is a weird year all the way around to me.....

That I agree with. Very few teams are dominating and even those that are undefeated are not exactly impressive save New England.

Teams can look unbeatable (like Denver), then start falling apart later on.