This was supposed to be our year

dfense

Reaction score
-GB losing Jordy Nelson for the season is huge. Plus their oline stinks.
-Seattle is down
-The entire NFC east is down
-If we were to make it to the Super Bowl, Edelman being out is huge
-Ravens down, Colts down, Broncos have peaked.

Who is scared of Carolina or Arizona?

My God, we have wasted an amazing opportunity. The stars were aligned for us if we had just won 2 games without Romo.

I'm sure there are a few other teams saying the same thing.

Doomsay

Reaction score
No future without a win on Sunday - that's the extent of my focus. Can't remember what it's like to actually try to win a game rather than just bumble & scratch & hope....... that the defense can hold on. You know, doing the little things right.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's tough every year in the NFL. That's why the goal need to be to build for the long term so you're in position to capitalize on the opportunities when they present themselves.

It has sucked, though. Just one win somewhere along the way and I feel a lot better about being a game and a half back with Tony Romo.

Zordon

Reaction score
That I agree with. Very few teams are dominating and even those that are undefeated are not exactly impressive save New England.

Teams can look unbeatable (like Denver), then start falling apart later on.

If you're Jerry Jones and you're sitting back looking at this league right now, how are you not furious with your head coach for not winning us 2 games in 2 months in a watered down league? If we just do that, we're in a great position right now to take advantage of everything I listed in the OP.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It really is.

How many opportunities are we going to have in the Romo era where the entire NFC East is down, N.O. is down, Seattle is down, Green Bay is down, San Fran is down. In the AFC, the Ravens, Colts, Broncos and Steelers all have problems.

A lot of things were aligned for us if we just finished 2-5 without Romo. This is why I'm so pissed off at Garrett.

You're right. There were a lot of very good factors in this team's favor, outside of our own internal issues. Makes you wonder more and more about what might have been had we not lost Romo, and then 7 games...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If you're Jerry Jones and you're sitting back looking at this league right now, how are you not furious with your head coach for not winning us 2 games in 2 months in a watered down league? If we just do that, we're in a great position right now to take advantage of everything I listed in the OP.

Your brain is obviously not wired like Jerry Jones'. He is a pathological optimist. Where others might see failure, he sees opportunity. A loss can be a moral victory. A bye is the same as a playoff win.

He could take away that this team just needs _____(insert whatever thing didn't work here), and if they can just get that, and then get in that darn tournament, anything can happen.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
How? We have the same divisional record and split our season series.

Next tie breaker would be common games. We both play the AFC East and NFC South. We're currently 0-4 in those games and the Giants are 2-3. Since we basically have to win out anyway, we could finish 4-4. If we do lose one of those games but still tie NY, 3-5 might not be enough to break the tie. I guess if there's any game we could lose, it would be Green Bay (but then again, conference record is the next tie breaker so that could end up hurting us too).

endersdragon

Reaction score
Next tie breaker would be common games. We both play the AFC East and NFC South. We're currently 0-4 in those games and the Giants are 2-3. Since we basically have to win out anyway, we could finish 4-4. If we do lose one of those games but still tie NY, 3-5 might not be enough to break the tie. I guess if there's any game we could lose, it would be Green Bay (but then again, conference record is the next tie breaker so that could end up hurting us too).

Well then go Commanders

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Well then go Commanders

I mentioned conference games is our next tie breaker. Currently against conference teams (not including NFC East) we're 0-4 and NY is 2-2. NY just needs to win one game against Carolina or Minnesota to own the conference tie breaker.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
As long as anybody but the steelers win the superbowl all is well!

Zordon

Reaction score

Common games don't include division games?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Common games don't include division games?

They do but it would be a wash since we'd (hypothetically) have the same division record. That's also why I didn't include division games in when I talked about conference games in the other post.

Zordon

Reaction score
They do but it would be a wash since we'd (hypothetically) have the same division record. That's also why I didn't include division games in when I talked about conference games in the other post.

:facepalm: where is my brain?

damn so this could all be over in 2 weeks then...smh.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score

Cowboys imo can only win a tie breaker (if they get that far) is if they sweep Washington and everyone in the division goes 3-3 or worse within their division.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see more injuries to star players next season if they continue camp cupcake around the league. Too many nagging injuries and star players out this year.

Season isn't over yet. We're hanging on life supprt though. Still gotta believe.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I mentioned conference games is our next tie breaker. Currently against conference teams (not including NFC East) we're 0-4 and NY is 2-2. NY just needs to win one game against Carolina or Minnesota to own the conference tie breaker.

A difficult task indeed.