This was supposed to be our year

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Just for fun...if we win out and the Giants lose to Carolina and Minnesota but with their other games, we would have the same overall record, division record, common games record, and conference record.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see more injuries to star players next season if they continue camp cupcake around the league. Too many nagging injuries and star players out this year.

Although it can't be substantiated, I still believe not letting players practice real football is hurting the game.

It is like players now are not built to survive the physical punishment since they do not have a chance to absorb it and develop a tougher skin, figuratively speaking, by having padded, full contact practices. Full contact may expose the body to more opportunities for punishment, but if you don't practice much actually protecting yourself, we almost have track stars trying to play a full contact sport.

Dallas had something crazy like fourteen players out of a practice on Wednesday before a game. That is not good.

I would pay big money to read a full bore statistical analysis of injury impact since the new CBA. If my gut feeling is correct, I think you would see a rise compared to how it was even ten years ago, let along twenty or thirty where a coach could run someone into the ground if they wanted to. Now you see coaches using "spa days" when they are barely having a padded practice a week. I don't see how that allows players to tough it out and condition their bodies to instinctively avoid punishment.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Just for fun...if we win out and the Giants lose to Carolina and Minnesota but with their other games, we would have the same overall record, division record, common games record, and conference record.

At that point, I think Dallas would easily win strength of victory.

CAR
GB

Vs.

SF
TB

(Division games are the same cancels, Giants/Dal same record cancels, AFCE would cancel out, so it would just be victories against NFC teams in other divisions).

pavalley

Reaction score
Did you mean to quote me?

i did not, sorry im not savvy on posting....usually i just read, but this site is getting tiring weeding through all the garabage posts...all the one-liners, and boo hoo posts over and over from the same people...so much for mod oversight...this site is becoming josh skeety 2.0 sadly...

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
At that point, I think Dallas would easily win strength of victory.

CAR
GB

Vs.

SF
TB

(Division games are the same cancels, Giants/Dal same record cancels, AFCE would cancel out, so it would just be victories against NFC teams in other divisions).

Yep. We'll see. Hopefully we keep it interesting and don't eliminate ourselves this week against Miami... We really need Washington to be our spoiler. We play Washington so we can catch them, but we don't play NY/Philly so we need Washington to beat them for us.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Although it can't be substantiated, I still believe not letting players practice real football is hurting the game.

It is like players now are not built to survive the physical punishment since they do not have a chance to absorb it and develop a tougher skin, figuratively speaking, by having padded, full contact practices. Full contact may expose the body to more opportunities for punishment, but if you don't practice much actually protecting yourself, we almost have track stars trying to play a full contact sport.

Dallas had something crazy like fourteen players out of a practice on Wednesday before a game. That is not good.

I would pay big money to read a full bore statistical analysis of injury impact since the new CBA. If my gut feeling is correct, I think you would see a rise compared to how it was even ten years ago, let along twenty or thirty where a coach could run someone into the ground if they wanted to. Now you see coaches using "spa days" when they are barely having a padded practice a week. I don't see how that allows players to tough it out and condition their bodies to instinctively avoid punishment.

Good points all across. I just don't see how the limited practices can help them for a 60 minute game. Something has to give, I saw the practice injury report and I can only imagine what it's going to look like next Thursday after playing a physical MIA team.

Coy

Reaction score
Quoting Garrett, "day by day" "game by game"

We take care of ourselves and the rest will take care of itself in this lousy división.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Quoting Garrett, "day by day" "game by game"

We take care of ourselves and the rest will take care of itself in this lousy división.

That is an easy standard to live by, but if it were just as simple, game by game, day by day, do your job, there would be streaks galore and everybody would do it.

It is unfortunate, but asking this team, as it stands now, to go on an eight game run is an unfair expectation.

I have little question that it is possible (in theory of course), but there are so many other things that have to remain constant it is difficult to expect.

The Eagles have to continue to flounder, Washington has to get off the seeming momentum they have and the Giants have to take a step back as well. Just a lot to break right.

Dallas can only do what they can, which is hard to do when you depend on other team's losing to gain ground. Were the records a game or two tighter, I would feel completely different.

Hardline

Reaction score
-GB losing Jordy Nelson for the season is huge. Plus their oline stinks.
-Seattle is down
-The entire NFC east is down
-If we were to make it to the Super Bowl, Edelman being out is huge
-Ravens down, Colts down, Broncos have peaked.

Who is scared of Carolina or Arizona?

My God, we have wasted an amazing opportunity. The stars were aligned for us if we had just won 2 games without Romo.

I am scared of Carolina and Arizona.
You think these two teams lucked into being very good?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Anytime it's suppose to be the Cowboys year it turns into a disappointing season. I'm not surprised by this season there were several of us this summer that pointed to the 2010 season that was suppose to be our year. Nothing ever seems to go right for the Cowboys when expectations are too high and everyone thinks it's going to be their year. Many thought the 2008 season would be their year only to watch them sit home for the playoffs. I knew the running game left town with Murray and the running game was the main reason the Cowboys surprised everyone in 2014.

Romo being able to lean on a prolific rushing attack for the first time led to the most efficient season of his career. The running game led to the fewest passing attempts of his career in which he played at least 15 games. Too much was put on Romo to start this season having to carry the team to an opening day win due to a defense that continues not being able to make critical stops and the lack of a running game which led to him going down and the season went down with him.

A lot was put on the OL and they didn't come through in pass protection or opening up all the holes everyone thought they would for the average group of backs the Cowboys decided to go with. I didn't have a good feeling entering this season but never expected it to be the disaster it's been. Once the anointing oil starts being put on the Cowboys they become complacent and bad things start to happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As long as anybody but the steelers win the superbowl all is well!

Would rather see the Steelers win the SB than the Giants or Philly. One more SB win for the Giants and they'll tie the Cowboys with 5. A SB win for Philly would mean we won't be able to throw an empty trophy case in their face anymore.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Would rather see the Steelers win the SB than the Giants or Philly. One more SB win for the Giants and they'll tie the Cowboys with 5. A SB win for Philly would mean we won't be able to throw an empty trophy case in their face anymore.

Not me they already have six. What seems like the biggest fan base. And the last 2 they won were bs is what's the worst.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My God, we have wasted an amazing opportunity. The stars were aligned for us if we had just won 2 games without Romo.

Mein gott!
I cant get over the feeling that the koolaide was particularly strong this year. I mean, even without edelman, Brady and Belicheat, the Patriots would still hang 30 points on this team, and Romo and this team would answer with 29 points.
Even without injuries this year we'd be hard pressed like pressed ham to get into the playoffs. I don't know where dreams of a Lombardini trophy come from. Maybe they come from something way stronger:rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not me they already have six. What seems like the biggest fan base. And the last 2 they won were bs is what's the worst.

The fact they already have 6 SB wins makes winning a 7th little difference to me. You obviously have a deep hatred for the Steelers. I get some satisfaction knowing the Cowboys are one of only 2 teams to beat them in a SB. The Cowboys currently have a SB edge over every team in their division and I would like to keep it that way. Philly not having a single SB win makes them the butt of a lot of jokes. Too much material would be destroyed if they win a SB.

Junglist

Reaction score
If you're Jerry Jones and you're sitting back looking at this league right now, how are you not furious with your head coach for not winning us 2 games in 2 months in a watered down league? If we just do that, we're in a great position right now to take advantage of everything I listed in the OP.
I know Stephen is. I expect so.e coaching changes this offseason. Nothing major, but I think a few position coaches find a pink slip.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
-GB losing Jordy Nelson for the season is huge. Plus their oline stinks.
-Seattle is down
-The entire NFC east is down
-Ravens down, Colts down, Broncos have peaked.

Who is scared of Carolina or Arizona?

Everything would have been okay had the FO and the coaching staff not tinkered with what was working last year. Don't fix what wasn't broken.