This was the Saints Superbowl.

Alweezy

Reaction score
our superbowl was vs. Indy btw. I don't think anyone saw that one coming

you win some you lose some.. we still have a shot at a real superbowl, we just need to take care of business in Atlanta.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Alweezy;1224314 said:
our superbowl was vs. Indy btw. I don't think anyone saw that one coming

you win some you lose some.. we still have a shot at a real superbowl, we just need to take care of business in Atlanta.

beating Indy is proving to be no big deal and wasreally blown out of proportion by many on here as some sign that were were truly a dominant team again

and this team has no shot at the Super Bowl at all unless the other 5 teams in the postseason pull out

we might win in the 1st rd, but this team has no shot at being in Miami in February

David

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
And this is football. Crap happens, our D stopped being aggressive after NO's first drive, and Davis and Roy felt like napping on passing plays. Why dont we just trot out 7 CB's on passing downs?

Zimmer and the D get to blame. Props to Payton. Parcells should maybe get some sleep tonite and teach Zimmer how to call blitzes that dont include Al Singleton.

The Saints might be impressive on offense, but they wont score if they have to play Chicago or San Diego if they make it that far. Their offense is light years beyond what BP and Zim thought.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Look. We got destroyed. We are not as good as the Saints. We do not match up with this club. However... that does not mean that some other team in the conference doesn't that we CAN beat. Let's take care of our business and try to improve and get to the postseason. A loss to Atlanta, and that's all going to be very much up in the air. Let's get the playoff seedings and see who we play.

It is Parcells job to have us ready should we play the Saints again, and I believe he will. I KNOW he was not happy with tonight's events. Especially the onside kick. If we get the Saints again, we might lose but they will have the dogfight of dogfights on their hands.

mambo

Reaction score
Jimz31;1224165 said:
Hardly. What connects Payton and many of their players to the Falcons?

First, the Falcons are the Saints biggest rivalry, hands down. Second, as far as connections, two that I can think of off the top of my head is Morten Andersen and Jim Mora, Jr. Third, it was the first home game in thirteen months, not to mention the first game on Monday night that wasn't because of Katrina. Trust me, while this was a big game, it paled in comparison to that game, even if the Saints would have lost by 40 tonight.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
mambo;1224716 said:
First, the Falcons are the Saints biggest rivalry, hands down. Second, as far as connections, two that I can think of off the top of my head is Morten Andersen and Jim Mora, Jr. Third, it was the first home game in thirteen months, not to mention the first game on Monday night that wasn't because of Katrina. Trust me, while this was a big game, it paled in comparison to that game, even if the Saints would have lost by 40 tonight.

The HC, 7 players and another coach up in the booth have connections to Dallas.

A kicker? You aren't honestly comparing a kicker and Jim Mora, Jr. as having the same effect as 2 coaches and 7 players....plus this was also national coverage just like Monday night is.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Jimz31;1224123 said:
Don't forget that people.

Everyone here KNOWS that Payton circled this date on his calendar when the schedule was released.

They pulled out the stops and did a great job at it.

well since EVERYONE is winning THEIR super bowl against us, is it safe to say once we get to the SB, THEY (as in the other team) will win it too??

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
air0208;1224747 said:
well since EVERYONE is winning THEIR super bowl against us, is it safe to say once we get to the SB, THEY (as in the other team) will win it too??

Hmmm...uh-oh. :D

mambo

Reaction score
Jimz31;1224736 said:
The HC, 7 players and another coach up in the booth have connections to Dallas.

A kicker? You aren't honestly comparing a kicker and Jim Mora, Jr. as having the same effect as 2 coaches and 7 players....plus this was also national coverage just like Monday night is.

how is having former members of a team bigger than playing at home for the first time in thirteen months against your biggest division rival? You were not there, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
mambo;1224787 said:
how is having former members of a team bigger than playing at home for the first time in thirteen months against your biggest division rival? You were not there, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't have to have been there.

Do you know what it is like to coach against your former team? How about playing against them? I sure do.

mambo

Reaction score
Jimz31;1224796 said:
I don't have to have been there.

Do you know what it is like to coach against your former team? How about playing against them? I sure do.

yes, when we played against Jim Mora Sr and our hometown hero Peyton Manning a few years back. And it wasn't nearly as big as our game against the Falcons in September. And if you had been there in Sept. you would know the difference between that game and tonight.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Jimz31;1224123 said:
Don't forget that people.

Everyone here KNOWS that Payton circled this date on his calendar when the schedule was released.

They pulled out the stops and did a great job at it.

Good Point.... After while, the game just made me laugh. Im just looking at our defensive rankings on stopping the run, and look at Reggie Bush, Karney, and McCalisista run all over our defense. I believe now is the time to see what we got in Montavious Stanley at that nose tackle position. Give him some opportunities to play.

I believe he could do very well what he do in them clips you seen on draft day. Fergurson is a stationary Defensive Tackle. Canty and Spears isn't feared sack artists. We have one fast/physical conerback in Terrance Newman, a physical conerback in Anthony Henry, and experience/quick/fast conerback in Aaron Glenn. I believe we should see Tony Parrish being our Rodney Harrison in that back field with Roy Williams. Im glad Parcells and the Cowboys organization made this move, he's a locker room player and a leader, he's a former Chicago Bear free safety, and San Fransisco 49ers strong safety.

- Cowboys need to get Antwain Smith in here to play the powerback role.
- I believe Romo needs to work on snaping the ball much faster instead of doing audibles, or do it atleast on 4th down. I believe that just something he needs to work on (this week). He also needs to work on his pump fakes how to fake the defenses out more. He get that together I believe he would be flawless.
- I believe the defense needs to work on being more effective at getting to the conerback. They should do some timing drills with the defense (pass-rushers only drill). Put a timer up to who is the more faster passrusher. Put the pass rusher against an offensive lineman. This could benefit the offensive lineman also.

- I do believe the Cowboys have impress me thus far, from where they were earlier in the season. Thanks to Parcells and the Cowboys we have went on a four game win streak. Like Jim said guess what? Sean Payton just got ready for this game, it was just a game he had marked down, they probably was getting ready for Dallas Cowboys after they lost to us in the preseason. So, it's just up to the Dallas Cowboys to play game-to-game and improve on their mistakes and make sure their isn't no more. To be honest fans, this was a charity game, come on now in when in the cold day in hell did Saints ever outnumbered our fans in our stadium. The only reason why Saints are winning because Katrina hit them with some luck (Bad<past>and Good<present>).

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It is everyone's Super Bowl.

If we use that as an excuse, we can pretty much wipe out half the schedule to an overexcited team peforming over their heads.

Stop looking for excuses and get a grip.

We lost.

We got beaten badly.

Move on.

Who Dat

Reaction score
mambo;1224824 said:
yes, when we played against Jim Mora Sr and our hometown hero Peyton Manning a few years back. And it wasn't nearly as big as our game against the Falcons in September. And if you had been there in Sept. you would know the difference between that game and tonight.

I was in that number...and it was AWESOME.

and yes, the Atlanta game was, out of any game this season, our Superbowl.

Although, this game was huge and I think I had more "want" to win this game. But maybe it was b/c it was so late in the season and we actually knew what was at stake. Atlanta was only the third game so we still had too much football left to play for it to have it have that "playoff" atmosphere.

Who Dat!!