This was your preview of Life without Romo

dware94

Reaction score
Jerry loves him some former first round Qb's. Anybody remember the Ryan Leaf days? He must not have learned his lesson on other team's garbage.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
This is what it's like without a backup plan for life without Romo and going dumpster diving

Manziel looks much better as a back up and somebody who can create plays.

Life without Romo is right around the corner.

He's never going to play well enough to ever advance this team.

It's over for the Romo era.

Now there is the matter of his contract and Garrett still being here at the end of the year.

Until we breakup up the Jones\Romo\Garrett Triplets thing..

we have no chance.

Its the same year after year.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Manziel looks much better as a back up and somebody who can create plays.

Life without Romo is right around the corner.

He's never going to play well enough to ever advance this team.

It's over for the Romo era.

Now there is the matter of his contract and Garrett still being here at the end of the year.

Until we breakup up the Jones\Romo\Garrett Triplets thing..

we have no chance.

Its the same year after year.
:facepalm: What in the world...before he went down, he had been playing at a top 3-5 level this season.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Only thing that was confirmed after this game is this team would be stupid not to go QB in round 1 of next year's draft. Weeden reminded me of Hutchinson and the throwing mud against the wall mentality displayed after Aikman was released. Dumpster diving sounds right.

Round 1 doesn't guarantee an NFL quarterback. Everyone here just assumes it does. We have a defense that needs rebuilding

Staubacher

Reaction score
[qheard AKATheRake, post: 5784647, member: 17930"]Get the kid from Michigan State.

Connor Cook.

He should be there around our pick.[/quote]

I heard right here on CZ:
Get Jake Locker
Get RG3
Get Geno Smith
Get Blaine Gabbert

Etc etc etc

burmafrd

Reaction score
there are more first round qb busts then any other position.

So just making one does not exactly thrill me.

Plus the fact that we are not going to be drafting anywhere near low enough to snag one that would possibly work anyway.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
[qheard AKATheRake, post: 5784647, member: 17930"]Get the kid from Michigan State.

Connor Cook.

He should be there around our pick.

I heard right here on CZ:
Get Jake Locker
Get RG3
Get Geno Smith
Get Blaine Gabbert

Etc etc etc[/quote]

I wouldn't take a QB is the first . The one I wanted was garapollo if there's a similar QB in next years draft in the 2nd / 3rd round take him and let him sit for a while .

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Round 1 doesn't guarantee an NFL quarterback. Everyone here just assumes it does. We have a defense that needs rebuilding

Well, don't square peg it. The DL is coming around but you are correct, the D is very weak right now. But this team would be unwise to keep hiding their heads in the sand regarding life after Romo. There is no guarantee that the DT/DE won't bust as well. Claiming they should draft one in round 1 really relates to putting adequate resources towards the position rather than simply "pick on up in round 1...case closed" type of thing. We've seen what JJ defines as "adequate" with Quincy, Hutch, Henson, etc.

lwehlers

Reaction score
And should be a wake up call to all those who were crying for more Weeden last week.

For the love of God. Brandon Weeden.

I know I was not crying for weeden to play. the guy was a complete embarrassment out there today. he was like some of you guys said today looked just like chad hutchinson. I thought I was watching the 2001 cowboys again today. I really hope that the jones start to think about the future now and plan on drafting a qb in next years draft. I also hope that those clowns (jones) do not wait until the seventh round and draft one. also I hope that they do not think that they will just luck into another undrafted free agent either like they have with tony romo.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I know I was not crying for weeden to play. the guy was a complete embarrassment out there today. he was like some of you guys said today looked just like chad hutchinson. I thought I was watching the 2001 cowboys again today. I really hope that the jones start to think about the future now and plan on drafting a qb in next years draft. I also hope that those clowns (jones) do not wait until the seventh round and draft one. also I hope that they do not think that they will just luck into another undrafted free agent either like they have with tony romo.

Weeden definitely cost us the game. All he had to do was play pretty good

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
But it didn't have to be that way. They had no succession plan in place and made horrific personnel decisions there until they brought Bill Parcells on board to do their job for them.

It's an indictment on the fraud front office that still exists today. If like after Romo ends up being what we saw today, blame those two complete morons.

Go Cowboys, by the way. I won't apologize for being a fan.

I wanted to draft Drew Brees in 2001. But hey no first rounder because we traded for Joey Galloway. That would have reduced the pain in between Aikman to Romo.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
No. that was life with Weeden. Completely different than life without Romo.

Kitna looked pretty decent when we had to go to him in 2010.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
This is what it's like without a backup plan for life without Romo and going dumpster diving

According to some it would be a wasted draft pick.I am not saying the man will come in and set the world on fire but Jerry better get the ball rolling this draft.