CFZ This wasn’t just a loss- it was a revelation

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a big boy thrashing by a far superior team to a Cowboys team that clearly is not as good as they thought they were.

Here’s some revelations:
  • The forty niners have a far superior organization- GM, head coach, roster and coaching staff. That’s just the obvious truth. I’ve never seen a Mike McCarthy team that out coached.
  • This defense is too small. They get pushed around. They can pass rush but that doesn’t help when you’re behind and have to stop the run.
  • The Cowboys roster looks incomplete and inadequate vs a team like SF.
This wasn’t just a loss. This was a revelation that this team is NOT in the top eschalon of the NFC.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
A lot of the problems tonight stemmed from the NFLs wanting the Niners to be relevant enough to have officials on the field ignore obvious malicious actions after the whistles which resulted in key players leaving the game with injuries and holding on the greatest defensive player on the Cowboys on every series at least once.

Creeper

Reaction score
I agree with this to some degree. Clearly the Cowboys were outcoached on both sides of the ball today. But the 49ers have been a bit lucky too. They drafted Trey Lance and he was not as good as advertised then they draft a 7th round QB on the last pick and he turns out to be good enough to win 14 regular season games in a row?

Okay, it happens. Some kid winds up being a lot better than a 7th round pick, but Purdy is not just better, he is really good. I think he has surpassed even the 49ers expectations.

But yeah, they are better than Dallas top to bottom.

I will make one point though, I do not think the 49ers secondary is better than Dallas's and I certainly do not think their OL is better than Dallas's. The Cowboys underperformed tonight on both sides of the ball. Yes, the get pushed around because they are smaller, but the Cowboys offensive line should have been able to open some holes and get some push but they didn't. I do think they coaching staff of the 49ers put their players in better positions to win. The Cowboys offense can't get out of its own way.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I feel like all that was true after the Cardinal loss also.
The homers here were too busy telling everybody that the Zona game was just a fluke, nothing to worry about.

Tonight showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that Dallas is not even in the same stratosphere as the 49ers, it was like watching Georgia play Western Omaha.

Even the homers cant spin this, it was a total demolition on national TV and even the homers know we dont belong on the same field as the 49ers.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've been assured multiple times, by a member who shall not be named, that the Cowboys are going 13-4 and getting the 1 seed.

When I've questioned that I've been asked "Do you not think this is a good team?", as if that's a counter argument.

He doesn't seem to be here tonight. I wonder why?

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
At least they won't have a soft schedule to hide behind this year, they could easily miss the playoffs. The whole world will see them for who they really are and if the embarrassment is strong enough, maybe it will lead to some crucial changes. Probably not but here's hoping.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bigger revelation is that SF has widened the gap on us. And maybe the rest of the conference and possibly the league.

To me we are still what I thought we were. Prob 4-5th best team in NFC. But 49ers have vaulted themselves .

It’s like I tried to argue this summer as so many argued we had improved . I asked how much have our opponents improved.

HotDog37

Reaction score
When the owner is also the GM and is known to set a tone of being a ninja-esq like DeFacto head coach, placating the anger of cowboys fans of the glory of yesteryear by making the stadium and uniforms shiny and bright and making sure the players know they can go directly to him alone with any issues, you have therefore already neutered the head coach and his staff, and by association the players in the sense of any real hope. It's about the flash and the glamour with the Dallas Cowboys. Pay day. Qualified or not. Jerry kept Garret as his golden boy for way too long and he did the same with Dak Prescott. Dak Prescott would have a hard time making it as a backup on a decent college team yet Jerry markets him as a starter in the NFL worth 40 mil and a new contract. Jerry Jones and all related family that have anything to do with the organization are the problem with the Dallas Cowboys.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A lot of the problems tonight stemmed from the NFLs wanting the Niners to be relevant enough to have officials on the field ignore obvious malicious actions after the whistles which resulted in key players leaving the game with injuries and holding on the greatest defensive player on the Cowboys on every series at least once.
42-10 and you blaming the refs for the loss?

I guess believing that instead of accepting the fact that your favorite team just sucks is easier, but whatever.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
42-10 and you blaming the refs for the loss?

I guess believing that instead of accepting the fact that your favorite team just sucks is easier, but whatever.
Well 6 of those points happened as Trent Williams sent LVE head first into our best player with a dirty block in the back outside the tackle box, which was a rare play that one of their O line wasn't holding #11...then there was the body slam on Pollard followed by the fastest establishmentof possession of a fumble I have ever seen on the sideline out of bounds. The fix was on, because Vegas was not going to pay out for the underdog.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That was a big boy thrashing by a far superior team to a Cowboys team that clearly is not as good as they thought they were.

Here’s some revelations:
  • The forty niners have a far superior organization- GM, head coach, roster and coaching staff. That’s just the obvious truth. I’ve never seen a Mike McCarthy team that out coached.
  • This defense is too small. They get pushed around. They can pass rush but that doesn’t help when you’re behind and have to stop the run.
This wasn’t just a loss. This was a revelation that this team is NOT in the top eschalon of the NFC.
They as you said , are not even close.
This team is at a competitive disadvantage without a professional GM.
Until Jerry steps down, we might be relevant, but will never make noice in the playoffs.

gmb1

Reaction score

Here’s some revelations:
Yeah the roster needs an overhaul to even think about beating a team like San Fran. You can have the coaching, but superior talent plus good coaching will get you beat every time.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I've been assured multiple times, by a member who shall not be named, that the Cowboys are going 13-4 and getting the 1 seed.

When I've questioned that I've been asked "Do you not think this is a good team?", as if that's a counter argument.

He doesn't seem to be here tonight. I wonder why?
A lot of the homers that chastised everybody all week if they even doubted that the Cowboys would win, called them fake fans, quitters, asked why were they so scared, ect...?

They are all AWOL tonight............funny how that works out.