This week in the NFL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lately I have been seeing the old show this week in the NFL on ESPN Classic with Tom Brookshire and Pat Sumerall. They have been showing each week of the 1971 season and it is amazing to see how players who scored a TD back then would just flip the ball out to the ref and go to the sideline without the need to stand in the end zone like a moron dancing around acting as if they were the only reason the TD was scored. There is no doubt todays athletes are better conditioned and physically better than the players of those days but seeing how the players back then acted on the field only makes me miss the old NFL even more.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Lately I have been seeing the old show this week in the NFL on ESPN Classic with Tom Brookshire and Pat Sumerall. They have been showing each week of the 1971 season and it is amazing to see how players who scored a TD back then would just flip the ball out to the ref and go to the sideline without the need to stand in the end zone like a moron dancing around acting as if they were the only reason the TD was scored. There is no doubt todays athletes are better conditioned and physically better than the players of those days but seeing how the players back then acted on the field only makes me miss the old even more.

I have a season pass on my Tivo for all of those, they are a blast to watch. I just wish that they ran them in order. You get 1 week of 1971 then you might see week 10 of 1972 next.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
rcaldw said:
I have a season pass on my Tivo for all of those, they are a blast to watch. I just wish that they ran them in order. You get 1 week of 1971 then you might see week 10 of 1972 next.

I agree, however for a few days in a row they were sticking to the 71 season but I did notice this morning they were showing the 73 season and I tuned in just as Staubach threw a TD pass to rookie Drew Pearson aginst the Cards. What a great time to be a Cowboy fan.