This will be Dak's first meaningful game in Philly since December 22, 2019

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
That 2019 game was meaningful because the Cowboys lost.. The 2021 games not meaningful because the Cowboys won. Learn the rules of the game man!!
You know if the Cowboys lost the 2021 then it would have been meaningful! Who cares if the #2 seed was up for grabs?!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You know if the Cowboys lost the 2021 then it would have been meaningful! Who cares if the #2 seed was up for grabs?!
Yeah the intellectual dishonesty with these people is sickening frankly. But obviously they do it to get a rise out of folks on this board much in the same way the Stupid McCoy, Screamin A Smith and Skip Clueless of the world spout nonsense about the Cowboys for attention.

Creeper

Reaction score
So were you not aware that Dak had not practiced all week of that game after having Donald land on his shoulder in the Rams game and having banged his hand up so bad in that same game that he couldn't grip the ball until the Saturday before the game if I recall correctly? I agree that Dak was not at his best that day but there was a legitimate reason for it and frankly I put more blame on the coaches for starting a QB who hadn't practiced. What they should have done was start Rush and bring Dak off the bench at some point in the 2nd quarter or maybe the second half to give the team a shot in the arm. Starting Dak in a road game with no practice being physically compromised was just dumb and it rightfully was what ultimately got Garrett canned.
I thought it was his sholder. I remember that was the excuse back then. In any case, that would have been a good excuse except for the fact Dak threw for 303 yards and 4 TDs the following week against Washington. The Eagles game was sandwiched in between a blowout of the Rams and a blowout of the Commanders. To me it looked more like Dak flopped in a big moment.

And for the record, I am not anti-Dak. I have had my moments of frustration but overall I have been consistent that he is a good QB just not worth the money he got or the money he is about to get.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
This will be a big test of how Dak plays on Sunday.
I was a big Dak supporter, bought his Jersey in September of 2016 (I actually wore it for the Rams game last week).
My biggest problem with Dak is that he is bi-polar. Seems like he is always real good or real bad. That might work in other sports where the playoffs and championships are the best of seven games, but not in a one and done playoff scenario.
I always root for him to play well on a weekly basis, but I also wish Jerry never signed him to that big contract.
Seems like a nice enough guy, people who know him seem to love him, but most people say that about me too or some of my other friends who can't play football on a pro level.

The bottom line is I feel he can't be trusted to play consistently well during a playoff run.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all remember how that one ended. That was the game to determine who goes to the Playoffs and Dak came up small. I dont want to hear nothing about him being injured that game because if he was that hurt he should have sat out. So I am expecting a different game from Dak since he is healthy this time around with a chance to cut philly's lead in the NFC east. There is absolutely no reason why this offense should only have 9 pts. I know he can play well vs rams, jets, giants but show me what you can do against the eagles in Philly
How in the world do you think this means anything? Even if it was Dak's last meaningful game in Philly, which some might dispute, it was 4 years ago and says nothing about today. What happens Sunday will reflect what happens Sunday, not what happened in 2019

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I thought it was his sholder. I remember that was the excuse back then. In any case, that would have been a good excuse except for the fact Dak threw for 303 yards and 4 TDs the following week against Washington. The Eagles game was sandwiched in between a blowout of the Rams and a blowout of the Commanders. To me it looked more like Dak flopped in a big moment.

And for the record, I am not anti-Dak. I have had my moments of frustration but overall I have been consistent that he is a good QB just not worth the money he got or the money he is about to get.
It was both.. I had just moved to DFW that year and the coverage was mind bending. Reporters were peeking through windows trying to get a glimpse of Dak throwing the ball and stuff. The fact that he lit it up the following week was a result of a couple things.. 1) Healing and 2) practicing. I also believe that game was at home.. meaning indoors, dry and 72 degrees vs on the road, outdoors and chilly like it was in Philly the week before. The other thing I remember about that game was 44 passes to 16 runs.. That game was probably my first indicator that Kellen Moore was in over his head. Why the hell are you passing at a 3 to 1 clip when your QB hasn't practiced all week? Looking at the play by play the Cowboys ran the ball 5 times in the first half of that game. I had forgotten how brain dead the play calling was in that game. Just re-living it again now is making me depressed.. Then I remember that guy's not here anymore!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Last years game wasn't meaningful? They had a shot at winning the division though it would've required some help.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It was both.. I had just moved to DFW that year and the coverage was mind bending. Reporters were peeking through windows trying to get a glimpse of Dak throwing the ball and stuff. The fact that he lit it up the following week was a result of a couple things.. 1) Healing and 2) practicing. I also believe that game was at home.. meaning indoors, dry and 72 degrees vs on the road, outdoors and chilly like it was in Philly the week before. The other thing I remember about that game was 44 passes to 16 runs.. That game was probably my first indicator that Kellen Moore was in over his head. Why the hell are you passing at a 3 to 1 clip when your QB hasn't practiced all week? Looking at the play by play the Cowboys ran the ball 5 times in the first half of that game. I had forgotten how brain dead the play calling was in that game. Just re-living it again now is making me depressed.. Then I remember that guy's not here anymore!
I just went back and fast forwarded through that game. Dak's shoulder got banged up when Donald body slammed him and then there was a botched handoff late in the 4th quarter where his hand got stepped on trying to recover. It swelled up after the game and made it difficult for him to grip the ball all week which made no difference since because of the shoulder they wouldn't let him throw all week anyway.

I stand by my assertion, Garrett and Moore failed Dak, the team and the fans by starting him in that Philly game the following week. Worse still they doubled down by having him sling it 44 times that day. Stoopid, stoopid stoopid.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wasn't the 2021 game meaningful? We had a chance at the 1 seed. Do we need to rewrite history to fits narratives now?
I thought of that too. Then I remembered....
Philly kind of had nothing to play for though as they had locked up Wildcard and seed,.
They rested Hurts and most of the team while Dallas piled up stats vs backups and even practice squad players.

Not that Dallas wouldn't have beaten them anyway. Philly was not very good