Those Chicken Little Moments

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheCritic, May 25, 2022.

1. TheCritic

TheCritic Well-Known Member

409 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Yes it's true. Seeing all those players with injuries today brought back those Garrett Camp Cupcake cringe memories. And I'm sure most of you felt the same way. Obviously it's way too early to get all worked up over practice in May. But I also find myself not wanting to get emotionally invested into this season just yet.

Can you relate?

2. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

21,048 Messages
    19,322 Likes Received
    Shocked that we have multiple players out with injuries
    When it's basically flag football.

Pantone282C and Flamma like this.
  3. DogFace

DogFace Carharris2

11,150 Messages
    12,538 Likes Received
    Time to point out the Asthma field.

4. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

15,078 Messages
    12,623 Likes Received
    I was going to say and use the exact same example. I'm guessing they don't do anything in the of season, as opposed to playing some kind of sport and keeping in shape all year. I've never seen anything like it. Not at any level. Except for maybe toddlers at play.

john van brocklin likes this.
  5. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

3,778 Messages
    5,033 Likes Received
    I'm not surprised at all these players today aren't forced to do anything they don't want to do.
    Marketing themselves is far more important than staying in shape.

The Landry Mile has been replaced with video games and social media.

These players are just flat out soft

6. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,948 Messages
    28,629 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: It is what it is. And they are empowered by their Players Union, getting soft policies written into the CBA.

7. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

21,048 Messages
    19,322 Likes Received
    Yep I am concerned, and don't understand it.

8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

59,033 Messages
    67,742 Likes Received
    A lot of it can be soreness. Yes they work out and such, but add a different movement from their routine workouts then a few things can pop up. Even though the think they are training for everything.
    I can see where some are concerned, and some aren't. I am not concerned, but it they linger on trough all the OTA's, then yeah, maybe.

Except...Tyron, he is a concern. He knows he has back issues, and should been training for that. Then this pops up in non contact non pads type walk throughs.

Runwildboys and 817Gill like this.
  9. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

14,160 Messages
    26,925 Likes Received
    All teams are soft in this day and age, but some, like the Cowboys, have created a culture around it.

They have embraced softness.

10. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

15,187 Messages
    19,210 Likes Received
    If Tolbert already has a hamstring problem, thats a concern. Seems like they are counting on him to play a significant role early on, and if he misses a lot of preseason work, that's not gonna happen.

11. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

6,781 Messages
    12,315 Likes Received
    It is May boys. May.

12. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

15,187 Messages
    19,210 Likes Received
    It seemed to me that after NE last year, the priority was to be as healthy as they could be for the playoffs. That was the general vibe I picked up.

Then Jerry was shocked when we didn't come out of the tunnel and play like bulldogs in the playoff game.

13. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

41,729 Messages
    16,574 Likes Received
    Only chicken little I see is people thinking the sky is falling because they are being extra careful in May ....... This is not the players, it's the team.

Brooksey, CWR and 817Gill like this.
  14. MountaineerCowboy

14,160 Messages
    26,925 Likes Received
    They have embraced softness with open arms.

I believe it started with Garrett and has been a main stay since. I remember watching him rest guys the last game because our playoff seed was locked up, watching him allow guys to go to Cabo on their week off before playoffs, not playing guys at all in the preseason. All these things lead to guys coming out flat and not ready.

Garrett started a culture and until all the coaches and players that became comfortable in that culture are gone things won't change.

Blackrain likes this.
  15. Forneymike

Forneymike Active Member

177 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    You do know that the Rams haven't played a starter in the pre-season in 3 years at least. McVay rested starters whenever he could rest them even in the regular season. I think that they won the Super Bowl. Our team was not physical enough at the end of the year but it's not because they didn't play in the pre-season. Look at what teams that win the Super Bowl do.

817Gill, CWR and JustChip like this.
  16. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

13,937 Messages
    7,614 Likes Received
    This. OTAs are about getting the general gameplan for the year installed and getting a better look at the those younger players that could fill new starting roles and new positions.

817Gill, JustChip and zrinkill like this.
  17. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

13,937 Messages
    7,614 Likes Received
    Wasn't Cabo under Wade Phillips.

JustChip and zrinkill like this.
  18. Forneymike

Forneymike Active Member

177 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Also, you cannot tell a person what to do on their days off. Do you want your boss doing that? They can make suggestions but these are grown men not HS teenagers that can be bullied around by coaches. Heck these guys make more than the coaches. Pro Football is different that it used to be and definitely different the pee wee ball that most people on this site try to compare it too.

817Gill likes this.
  19. Forneymike

Forneymike Active Member

177 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Yes...I'm assuming the person who wrote this hasn't followed the team for very long.

817Gill and zrinkill like this.
  20. MountaineerCowboy

14,160 Messages
    26,925 Likes Received
    You know why they aren't physical enough?

Because they have embraced a soft culture with open arms.