Those interested, Bryan Broaddus is going to work for Cowboys at dc.com

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Not sure what type of work bryan broaddus is going to do, but as you know, bryan was a former scout for the cowboys and eagles. Also, bryan recently did work for espn. I saw this on a twitter, and another person sent me a message about bryan too.

burmafrd

Reaction score
LynnFoster;4515875 said:
If he is so good, why is he available?

Sorry, too easy.

sadly I have noticed in the last year or so he is becoming a mediot.

And it is true if he was REALLY good he would be working for an NFL team

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
LynnFoster;4515875 said:
If he is so good, why is he available?

Sorry, too easy.

Bryan gave us some news on cowboys, did a pretty good breakdown on training camp too. Used to be a scout for cowboys and eagles. Starts work on Monday. :starspin

wittenacious

Reaction score
burmafrd;4515896 said:
sadly I have noticed in the last year or so he is becoming a mediot.

And it is true if he was REALLY good he would be working for an NFL team
Yeah, he's been sliding more and more into the pit of "buying into his own press." It's been noticeable. Too bad ... I used to really like his raw, NFL Scout's POV w/ insightful comments. Now I have to sift through a lot of his overblown "persona," as he's become a bit of an over-the-top version of his former self, IMO. Maybe that's just all part of the "making money in the trade" thing some go through.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
I love Broaddus and think he has some great insight and opinions on the Cowboys, the draft and training camp...ect. I'll look forward to see him on DC.com but like the other guys, he will probably be limited to what he can say. He had/has some sources with Dallas and now he will be working with them so I doubt he will be able to provide the same insight but I'll follow him.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Good for Broaddus but bad for us because he always had useful information to pass.

The one thing that I like about Broaddus is that he will answer your questions on twitter on anything sports related.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wittenacious;4515981 said:
Why is BB mad at CowboysZone? Opinions expressed that are unflattering? Do tell.
I don't know, but I suspect it is because DCF got banned.

Bluestang

Reaction score
It may have something to do with that but I think it is because there are alot of posters that "shoot from the hip" with their broad assumptions. One of those is calling him a failed scout that was fired from the Cowboys when in truth is Parcells wanted his own scouts that he was familiar with. Some people might not agree with his scouting reports or opinions but I don't think it gives them the right to belittle his accomplishments.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
This means he'll suddenly be praising the Cowboys instead of finding reasons to be negative about them.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Hostile;4516130 said:

I used to constantly give him hell.

Couldn't really distinguish what separates him as a scout from several of the posters on CZ.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Hostile;4516130 said:

well if he could not understand why DCF got banned then nuts to him

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bluestang;4516201 said:
It may have something to do with that but I think it is because there are alot of posters that "shoot from the hip" with their broad assumptions. One of those is calling him a failed scout that was fired from the Cowboys when in truth is Parcells wanted his own scouts that he was familiar with. Some people might not agree with his scouting reports or opinions but I don't think it gives them the right to belittle his accomplishments.
You could be right. I hope that isn't what happened. I just know he and DCF had become good friends and after he was banned Broaddus quit coming here. I personally hope he continues to read because plenty of us have a lot of respect for him.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;4516130 said:
The guy took a ton of time PMing everyone that criticized him. He has very thin skin. I got a couple nasty ones and I know others did as well. I think I was making fun of him supporting Alan Ball when we dumped Hamlin to start Ball. If you don't want your opinion criticized, don't share it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;4516252 said:
I used to constantly give him hell.

Couldn't really distinguish what separates him as a scout from several of the posters on CZ.
Interesting. I'll just say this, and I hope you'll think about it. Football knowledge, and I mean actual knowledge of the game, is the best type of contributions we can have on a forum like this. I think you'd be hard pressed to say he doesn't have that knowledge. He clearly does. He also has some inside contacts that we all should be able to recognize given that we know who he is. That makes his value to the forum even greater.

Just like us he is allowed to have his opinions. Just like us he is allowed to be wrong. Just like us he is human and will get things wrong. Just like us, he has feelings.

No one likes to be attacked. Especially for sharing information. Trust me, I speak from experience on that. I have become the most hated Cowboys fan in the world I think, and not by Commanders, Eagles, Giants, or Cardinals fans like I might expect. By fellow Cowboys fans.

Here this man is, a fellow Cowboys fan and getting attacked by them? For what exactly? Sharing information, opinions, and stories? In other words, being just like us.

Expecting anyone to walk on water is hopeless.