Those interested, Bryan Broaddus is going to work for Cowboys at dc.com

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Bluestang;4517304 said:
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196220

Here is a clear cut example of one of the things where things got "messy" between DCF, Broaddus, and other posters. At the time the Cowboys were playing terrible and alot of people were on edge about the whole situation in general. Posters wanted answers and Broaddus took a very firm role on Wade as a HC not getting it done and had been on the radio alot saying this. Then it got to the point where his writing was being attacked and called sensationalism, blah, blah, blah and DCF got involved and it went south from there.

I like Broaddus and his breakdown's of game film is very insightful and fans on other teams don't even get that type of in-depth information. Some people do not agree and that is ok but again it doesn't give them the right to start projecting that person as a certain way because they disagree.
Broaddus has to write stuff so that even the average fan can read it, understand it, and take away some key points from it. (hence the "buzzwords") Alot of us Zoners are not the average fan, alot of us understand Xs and Os more than the average fan so that is where the root of the problem is I think. We are looking for clear cut answers and Broaddus' style of writing is not meant to be. I'm sure Broaddus could get alot more detailed in his film breakdowns but then the average fan wouldn't understand it and that isn't his goal to begin with. Media folks are always trying to attract viewers and readers, that is the name of the game for them. Controversial headlines will always get attention so just like we say Broaddus should have a thick skin the same should apply for us.

As far as DCF goes, well that is another issue in itself.

What was Broaddus' screen name?

Edit: Never mind. Figured it out.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
67CowboysFan;4517265 said:
proscout I think
Just went back and took a look at his posts. Dude had some really insightful stuff to offer, it's a shame he was run off this board.

Bluestang

Reaction score
JBell523;4517320 said:
Just went back and took a look at his posts. Dude had some really insightful stuff to offer, it's a shame he was run off this board.

It truly is but this is the same type of trend has been going on here for a long time. It has happened to other posters that have useful information and it really never turns out well for either person. It is natural to question one's credibility on a internet forum but when it resorts to threats, name-calling, or whatever there is no place for that here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JBell523;4517320 said:

Proscout wasn't run off.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bluestang;4517304 said:

Here is a clear cut example of one of the things where things got "messy" between DCF, Broaddus, and other posters. At the time the Cowboys were playing terrible and alot of people were on edge about the whole situation in general. Posters wanted answers and Broaddus took a very firm role on Wade as a HC not getting it done and had been on the radio alot saying this. Then it got to the point where his writing was being attacked and called sensationalism, blah, blah, blah and DCF got involved and it went south from there.

I like Broaddus and his breakdown's of game film is very insightful and fans on other teams don't even get that type of in-depth information. Some people do not agree and that is ok but again it doesn't give them the right to start projecting that person as a certain way because they disagree.
Broaddus has to write stuff so that even the average fan can read it, understand it, and take away some key points from it. (hence the "buzzwords") Alot of us Zoners are not the average fan, alot of us understand Xs and Os more than the average fan so that is where the root of the problem is I think. We are looking for clear cut answers and Broaddus' style of writing is not meant to be. I'm sure Broaddus could get alot more detailed in his film breakdowns but then the average fan wouldn't understand it and that isn't his goal to begin with. Media folks are always trying to attract viewers and readers, that is the name of the game for them. Controversial headlines will always get attention so just like we say Broaddus should have a thick skin the same should apply for us.

Look at me! Stirring the pot and then laying down some smack. I was kidding about the nice things I said about CL, though. Those were just jokes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JBell523;4517320 said:
He wasn't run off.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bluestang;4516201 said:
It may have something to do with that but I think it is because there are alot of posters that "shoot from the hip" with their broad assumptions. One of those is calling him a failed scout that was fired from the Cowboys when in truth is Parcells wanted his own scouts that he was familiar with. Some people might not agree with his scouting reports or opinions but I don't think it gives them the right to belittle his accomplishments.

Oh come on, the guy doesnt have thicker skin than that?

If he is going to get his panties in a bunch because of a couple of comments on a message board, the dude has a problem. Anybody that has posted alot on a message board has always ran into some of those fans that are just A-holes, but you dont get your panties in a bunch over it, you just ignore the idiots and move on.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;4517405 said:
Oh come on, the guy doesnt have thicker skin than that?

If he is going to get his panties in a bunch because of a couple of comments on a message board, the dude has a problem. Anybody that has posted alot on a message board has always ran into some of those fans that are just A-holes, but you dont get your panties in a bunch over it, you just ignore the idiots and move on.

I can't comment on his behalf if he has thick/thin skin. What I can say is that based on who he was he got alot more posts directed at him (even PMs) and probably just wasn't worth his time to continue the arguments. DCF introduced him to the board so once he got the axe Broaddus stopped contributing here.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bluestang;4517418 said:
I can't comment on his behalf if he has thick/thin skin. What I can say is that based on who he was he got alot more posts directed at him (even PMs) and probably just wasn't worth his time to continue the arguments. DCF introduced him to the board so once he got the axe Broaddus stopped contributing here.

Why did DCF get banned?

Bluestang

Reaction score
I'll admit that I have been checking DCF's site to see if he would blog about this thread - I need a good laugh.:cool:

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Bluestang;4517304 said:

You know what I found amazing about that thread? About half the posters in it have been banned . . .

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Bluestang;4517304 said:

Wow, just shows you how bad it was. DCF really... well let's just say it was definitely addition by subtraction, imo. That thread is pretty much proof of that.

Let's not forget his excessive use of this lovely emoticon...:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:...every time he thought his opinion was superior to anyone that posted something he thought was stupid...

Where in Idaho are you from, bluestang? My girlfriend is from Rexburg/IF. Visited up there with her last year.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
CowboyMike;4517479 said:
Wow, just shows you how bad it was. DCF really... well let's just say it was definitely addition by subtraction, imo. That thread is pretty much proof of that.

Let's not forget his excessive use of this lovely emoticon...:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:...every time he thought his opinion was superior to anyone that posted something he thought was stupid...

Where in Idaho are you from, bluestang? My girlfriend is from Rexburg/IF. Visited up there with her last year.

Yeah, it also shows how no one -- no one -- is greater than CowboysZone.

EDIT: Thanks for dragging this stuff up, Bluestang and Hostile. I wondered what happened.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
M'Kevon;4517474 said:
You know what I found amazing about that thread? About half the posters in it have been banned . . .

Yeah a lot of guys that I recognize too. MBthe4th was a pretty funny dude, what did he get canned for?

burmafrd

Reaction score
frankly I never thought much of DCF. Yeah he had some smart things to say but the way he said it and the constant arrogance just really grated.

Juck and a couple others that were banned were sometimes a lot more fun then he ever was

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JBell523;4517525 said:
Yeah a lot of guys that I recognize too. MBthe4th was a pretty funny dude, what did he get canned for?
Recruiting people to another website via PMs.