News: Those Sleeping On 2016 Dallas Cowboys Are April Fools

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, that site is embarrassing.

-
This Front Office has brilliantly played this position in Free Agency. Sure, we were all disappointed when Lamar Miller elected to sign with our little brother down in Houston a few weeks ago, but after seeing the contract details surrounding Alfred Morris we should be celebrating.

The Cowboys downright stole Alfred Morris from the NFL, especially the NFC East.

In 16 career games against the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles Alfred Morris has:

• 280 carries.
    • 1,117 yards.
    • 3.99 Yards Per Carry (thanks math!).
    • 5 touchdowns.
    • 11 50+ Yard Games.
    • 8 75+ Yard Games.
This man is a straight up monster inside the most hallowed division in NFL History! And now he’s all ours! At an incredible price!

-

He was brilliantly stole. Oh, wait. I'm sorry. He was brilliantly stole. And check out his average NFC East game - 17.5 carries, 70 yards, .3 TDs. Straight up monster!

Some fans need to read stuff like that. That's the sad part.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Dallas Cowboys walked into the 2016 Free Agency Dance dressed to the nines, but they chilled on the wall while all the lame songs came on. Now the good tunes are bumpin’ and they are out on the floor bustin’ a move all over the place!

It feels good, doesn’t it?

Yes. DJ Jazzy Jer and the Fat Prince have us all moving our feet in celebration.

Never go full homer.

Section446

Reaction score
if Romo and Dez play most of the season, this is not an average team.

This will still be a very average team, it's way too top heavy, and severely lacks depth due to poor drafting.

gmoney112

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys walked into the 2016 Free Agency Dance dressed to the nines, but they chilled on the wall while all the lame songs came on. Now the good tunes are bumpin’ and they are out on the floor bustin’ a move all over the place!

It feels good, doesn’t it?

Yes. DJ Jazzy Jer and the Fat Prince have us all moving our feet in celebration.

Never go full homer.

What Jerry "bustin' a move all over the place to some good tunes" may look like

jerry-jones-dance-o.gif

jerry-jones-o.gif

8FOR!3

Reaction score
We're a most likely 8-8 team that if everything goes right might go 10-6 and if everything goes wrong we'll be 4-12

CCBoy

Reaction score
I want everyone who has jumped off the wagon and required everyone, who are made fun of, push uphill,... to come back and formally/publicly apologize for being nothing beyond gloom tossers and ridicule artists. Little home spun loyalties.

Don't drown if it rains! 'smart guys.'

There are a ton more good explanations than poor ones, but don't let that slow down the scorn rain.

I'm glad this group was NOT around when Murchison and Landry tried to create a team from complete chaos...and they didn't have the advantage of a field leveling cap/free agency policy to their aid. Not even a participation in a developing draft for their start. How low long did that take and with a vote of confidence into a completely unproven Tom Landry by Mr. Murchison.

Yea, just take target at Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett, because that feeds a fan feeding frenzy...no thanks.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
We're a most likely 8-8 team that if everything goes right might go 10-6 and if everything goes wrong we'll be 4-12

Take the records of Jason Garrett's team and place them up next to the record starting out with Tom Landry...WITHOUT attempting to cherry pick excuses to explain the results away...

Tom Landry: 0-11-1; 4-9-1; 5-8-1; 4-10; 5-8-1; 7-7

Jason Garrett: 5-3; 8-8; 8-8; 12-4; 4-12

That is what it is. Period.

Last edited:

Section446

Reaction score
Take the records of Jason Garrett's team and place them up next to the record starting out with Tom Landry...WITHOUT attempting to cherry pick excuses to explain the results away...

Are you attempting to imply.... nevermind.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
People need to stop looking at passing yards given up as a baromin Jonester of how good the pass D was. Because it wasn't very good.

Dallas allowed opposing QBs a 95 passer rating last year. 20th in the league.

Dallas had 8 total interceptions last year. Tied for 2nd to worst in the NFL.

Dallas gave up 7.6 yards per attempt last year. 23rd in the league.

Football Outsiders, who does a lot of advanced stats, had the Dallas pass D in the high teens per some of their measures.

They were, at best, a mediocre pass D.

Thanks for reinforcing my point that the secondary wasnt that bad! And that was minus Scandrick and a rookie in jones. Theyll be better this year, no one should be worried that we didnt overpay for another average corner.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Take the more than obvious and analyze what was plainly shown. From his start with the Cowboys, the accomplishment by Jason Garrett is much stronger than that started by Tom Landry. That needs no insultive interpretation to it. Jason's record is better...That doesn't imply any sort of greatness, and since Tom had to be given long enough to develop his own systems and type of player to fill them, as did Jason...it is taking Jason less time to push farther. Play around with supposed greater insight or star worship one wishes, but both coaches had to grow first.

Jimmy Johnson's team would have floundered if Jerry Jones hadn't been able to bring in a Defensive Coordinator, Dave Wannstedt, and Offensive Coordinator, Norv Turner. If not for Norv Turner, a last resort, Troy Aikman would have been lost as a franchise quarterback.

Bur for the record, here and now, YEA, Jason is just as successful as was Tom Landry in their respective starts as Head Coaches for the Dallas Cowboys. Leave the Hero Worship out of a current appraisal of dealing with actual facts of what it took to succeed.

By the way, in the shame blame game of running down the current defensive line roster, in 1992, when the Doomsday Defense was forged, know what the average age of that front wall was?

the "Doomsday Defense" had tremendous speed and depth. They were also young, with the age of the starters averaging 25 ½ years

Now, know where this current defense is headed towards? That very same format...a young and very mobile front. And if a Bosa or similar player is added, the team will closely resemble Doomsday that had a Tony Tolbert 8.5 sacks; Charles Haley 6.5 sacks; Russell Maryland 2.5 sacks; Tony Casillas 3 sacks; and Jim Jeffcoat 10.5 sacks.

It would have Lawrence, Gregory, Bosa, Thornton, and Crawford. Add in one more defensive tackle drafted...and one is just bellowing and name dropping to ignore potential as well.

Sorry, I'm really enamored with a preppie type of vain glory and just not rooting for a team. Try actually approaching subject with more than emotional types of catch phrases. Misplaced name dropping just isn't even half of a story.

There is NO implying, to a look at the same distance traveled at similar points in a career. Jason has had a better path to year six, than did Tom Landry. So, all of his story hasn't been written, just based upon records after that point.

Even here, circumstances determine quality as both the sport and league change as well. Play levels aren't equal between then and now...but based purely upon record, YEA, Jason Garrett had a better record in the first six years of being Head Coach. No argument to it.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
i hope you are trying to imply that Jason garrett is tom landry .

Prove any case beyond a shallow talk of implied glory.

As to backdoor insult, what is this supposed quote, implying? That there is more fact to what is provided above? That or learn how to read a development of fact. Perhaps you can enlighten all on roads traveled by either, up until the sixth season of either career.

It boils down to staying with the direction of travel, and not always comparing to a perfect but memory level. It is road actually traveled to get to a final destination. Humble beginnings are the same in all paths traveled. Plain and simple.

Don't attempt high ground by back door insult...that cherry pie one dreams about, still had to be made from lesser ingredients.

endersdragon

Reaction score

I think he is trying to imply that Tom Landry had a "process" and his "process" eventually worked. This is pretty much the same team that went 12-4 2 years ago (I would say if we get a RB in the first two rounds we are almost exactly that same team, with the added bonuses of Jones/Thorton on defense; and Mo who is playing better then he did 2 years ago (not great but at least he's a marginal starter... couldn't say that 2 years ago)).

8FOR!3

Reaction score

I'm not saying that coaching is what's holding us back. I'm just saying right now we're that kind of team and nothing we did this offseason leads me to believe we'll be a much better team overnight. I don't think we've improved this offseason if anything we're sitting about the same.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm not saying that coaching is what's holding us back. I'm just saying right now we're that kind of team and nothing we did this offseason leads me to believe we'll be a much better team overnight. I don't think we've improved this offseason if anything we're sitting about the same.

Depth and youth were added to both defensive end and defensive tackle. A good running back was added to McFadden and Dunbar will be fully back at some point in this season. That is a plus...

The team still has Gregory, Lawrence, Crawford, Lee, McClain, Jones and Scandrick in the secondary. Actually, that's a whole lot.

Of course, both Tony Romo and Dez Bryant are both back, and that alone is major.

Add in a very good defensive end and defensive tackle in the draft, and a cornerback at some point, and the future definitely has both a youthful, but speed and an up look to it.

Throw in your good running back and a good receiver, and things have evolved beyond any perceived humps.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Depth and youth were added to both defensive end and defensive tackle. A good running back was added to McFadden and Dunbar will be fully back at some point in this season. That is a plus...

The team still has Gregory, Lawrence, Crawford, Lee, McClain, Jones and Scandrick in the secondary. Actually, that's a whole lot.

Of course, both Tony Romo and Dez Bryant are both back, and that alone is major.

Add in a very good defensive end and defensive tackle in the draft, and a cornerback at some point, and the future definitely has both a youthful, but speed and an up look to it.

Throw in your good running back and a good receiver, and things have evolved beyond any perceived humps.

If everybody stayed healthy maybe we'd be a 10-6 or even 11-5 team. Too many of those names are injuries waiting to happen. I hope we have a great season and I'm looking forward to the draft later this month I just don't think this team has the depth to do much.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If everybody stayed healthy maybe we'd be a 10-6 or even 11-5 team. Too many of those names are injuries waiting to happen. I hope we have a great season and I'm looking forward to the draft later this month I just don't think this team has the depth to do much.

As to the sky is falling, that is a generalized stereotype...and not facts. Every player in the NFL gets hurt to some degree, each and every year. No, the Cowboys aren't marshmellows, despite experience Trai;ning Camps with Wade Phillips.

Depth at defensive line alone, is, for the bajilionth time:

Tyrone Crawford 26
Randy Gregory 23
Demarcus Lawrence 23
Benson Mayowa 24
Ryan Russell 24
Cedric Thornton 27
David Irving 22

Add a defensive end and defensive tackle during the draft, and that pretty well sets the DL group. Say a Bosa/Buckner at defensive end and say a Day/Billings at defensive tackle in the 2nd round.

But who it is that is settled upon by Dallas, will fit into that very group above, and make it faster and strong...and what should be all healthy as well.