Those who scoff at our FA preseason haul thus far, would you give 2 No. 1s for Deebo?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
A No. 1 in 2023 and again in 2024 for a sullen Deebo?
Or a No. 1 in 2023 and a No. 2 in 2024 for Deebo?
(I do believe the 49ers know they'd be picking 15 in 2023 and 2024 anyway and not some high number. So either scenario would be generous, lads. Very generous.)

Look, suburban folk, you can't get anything of value without giving up something of value, correct?

So, debt-ridden lads of the Metroplex and beyond, if you really, really want Deebo and Stephen finds the money to pay Deebo, tha is a plausible way.
It is a 2 way street, blokes.

Holla

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
(I do believe the 49ers know they'd be picking 15 in 2023 and 2024 anyway and not some high number. So either scenario would be generous, lads. Very generous.)

Look, suburban folk, you can't get anything of value without giving up something of value, correct?

So, debt-ridden lads of the Metroplex and beyond, if you really, really want Deebo and Stephen finds the money to pay Deebo, tha is a plausible way.

Holla
Nope, as we dont do free agency and we do the draft we gottta keep our prime picks!

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Yes. We will never win a Super Bowl betting on the draft alone, anyway. And IF we are still tops in the NFC Least, then double yes if our next first is twenty-something. On the other hand, if we are no longer the best in the NFC, then we may be needing those next 2 picks, even if Daddy and Son are in charge.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Holla

Deebo is not worth 2 #1s. Way overpriced.

plasticman

Reaction score
I wouldn't give them a 2025 UDFA to be named later.

"I won't do this.....I don't want to do that.....now pay me a cap ransom so I can hurry up and tweak my hamstring which will eventually complicate thus putting me on IR and ultimately end my season."

Yeah make that trade! Jerry Jones's record when it comes to trading for a WR is stellar.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'd just wait till he's an unrestricted free agent. So wait a year and then we can sign him without giving up draft picks. If Samuels really wants out of Frisco he can lame duck next year then be free.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Deebo is not worth 2 #1s. Way overpriced.

I largely agree. But anyway the 49ers would look askance at our No. 1 picks that will be 15 or even at 24.
And then there is the Jerry factor, tempted by me intriguing scenario for Deebo...
Jerry, admit you are among me fans at CZ. Admit it!
Cowboys-news-Jerry-Jones-claims-_talent-isn_t-the-problem_-for-Dallas.jpg

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Of course and in a heartbeat.
This would be a dream come true.

He could challenge CeeDee in dropped balls.
And give Zeke a longer break in the offseason so our star RB can workout in cabo to get in the shape of his life.
Our QB also would have another good WR to overthrow.

plymkr

Reaction score
Of course and in a heartbeat.
This would be a dream come true.

He could challenge CeeDee in dropped balls.
And give Zeke a longer break in the offseason so our star RB can workout in cabo to get in the shape of his life.
Our QB also would have another good WR to overthrow.
Lol, I'm picking up sarcasm and I love it. Also we are not a top notch receiver away from the Super Bowl. So getting Deebo would take away salary cap and draft picks from the positions that may get us over the hump. Such as run defense and a center.

Pokes12

Reaction score

Holla
All I have to say is Joey Galloway. No, way.

Flamma

Reaction score

Holla

I wouldn't want to see the Cowboys pay any WR north of 25m. No matter the cost.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I am always 100% for giving up 1st for proven players instead of using those 1st on players that may or may not even be anything.

I promise you the Rams fans and their organization are not sitting around saying "man, I know we have Matt Stafford and Jalen Ramsey, but I sure do wish we had a 1st round picks instead".

RodeoJake

Reaction score
No. We've already paid Gallup and Debo will want to be paid too. Just how much of the cap do we have to spend on the WR position? Is he worth letting Diggs walk? Is he worth having a hole at LT and/or C when we need to move on from Tyron and Baddy, but don't have a 1st and 2nd rounder to replace them? What if Steele can't cut it? This team ain't a WR away from making a deep playoff run.