Those who scoff at our FA preseason haul thus far, would you give 2 No. 1s for Deebo?

jnday

Reaction score
True but when we got Galloway that team was old, with many players on the tail end of their career or retiring. I'm not saying Dallas should get Deebo but it is hardly the same situation.
Both situations would involve giving up much more than than player’s value. Roy Williams was another player that was never close to what was given in the trade for him.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
So ... there is peace in the valley?
Then let us drink from the furry cup of friendship, left here by the old Gimme who is on the run.
Drink and feel the friendship.
Casablanca_4.jpg
[/QUOT
The wind blew and the sh^t flew we won't be home for a day or two....................

FVSTONE

Reaction score
A No. 1 in 2023 and again in 2024 for a sullen Deebo?
Or a No. 1 in 2023 and a No. 2 in 2024 for Deebo?
(I do believe the 49ers know they'd be picking 15 in 2023 and 2024 anyway and not some high number. So either scenario would be generous, lads. Very generous.)

Look, suburban folk, you can't get anything of value without giving up something of value, correct?

So, debt-ridden lads of the Metroplex and beyond, if you really, really want Deebo and Stephen finds the money to pay Deebo, tha is a plausible way.
It is a 2 way street, blokes.

Holla
Nope! We may find our own Deebo in 2023 or 2024 and it will only cost us a ROOKIE CONTRACT!

Bates

Reaction score
I love what he did last season, but it's an outlier to this point, and we can't pay a rate based on an outlier performance.

Something more realistic would be Gallup and a first, for example.

and 25 million a year

Reactions: CWR

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you just couldn’t shut up and had to bring Dak into it.

It's part of the equation. And if you take that as negative so be it but not forcing throws is one of his better attributes. It has it's drawback like there isn't a true #1 like 31 other teams have, that goto guy when it's all on the line. It used to be Zeke but he's not the same as back in 2016.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What does Deebo have to do with the FA market?

He ain't a FA. He trying to get paid while under contract.
they meant since we didnt make any splash signings in FA, a trade like this IN their Opinion would make up for that.I say that's far too rich for payer like Deebo who half his value is at RB type plays and he doesnt want to do that anymore.

hes not elite hes just great similar to AC in talent level but will be seeking big money to the trading team like 25-30mil like hes seen his counterparts get.um if we were going do that we should have kept AC...

so we should give away premium picks and overpay a WR? nah not at this time but if hes still on the 9ers before the trade deadline and we have a major issue at WR like gallup taking longer to come back and lamb goes out, you would have to go after a trade like that..at the moment its not smart trade IMHO

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's part of the equation. And if you take that as negative so be it but not forcing throws is one of his better attributes. It has it's drawback like there isn't a true #1 like 31 other teams have, that goto guy when it's all on the line. It used to be Zeke but he's not the same as back in 2016.
no its not

JG or lance are not better then dak, so try again troll

blueblood70

Reaction score
The QB plays a big part of a receivers performance. I nalso never said either were better did I? I know you lack the ability to read and comprehend. Cya trollie

No facts not trolling the wrs and tes seem to put up pretty big numbers given we have so many targets tp try and feel. There not one go to guy in Moores offense. that not designed that way but be a blind football viewer and not realize its not all on dak..38 Passing tds to 10int says otherwise. If our WErs cant work with a top 7 qb like Dak they need to move on..bye Coop..Lamb is the new BMOC.
.3iuts not truly a factor really ive said this other threads see guys like Fitzpatrick, cooks, Dhop, Mclauren all put up huge numbers no matter the qb..many others as well if you are great you get open and you get the ball..that's a fact.

dak doent play into why or why we wouldn't trade for a quality wr its money and compensation,

in this case deebo overvaluing himself especially factoring in what he wants to get paid vs now not want to run the ball like he has..sorry that devalues him a lot.

so give up 2 first 27mil and have guy lose half his value now wanting to just be a WR when you have Lamb, Gallup and Schultz plus pollard, zeke and some depth with Washington , Tolbert and others??nope ..now again should there be a major loss there say to lamb and Gallups not back in full go mode , you go trade for guy like deebo once its an emergency situation simar to when wee got AC..

right its about Dak..lol

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I wouldn't give up a 1, or 2 2's. Until we have a QB that can utilize his weapons I don't even think about giving up the future....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(I do believe the 49ers know they'd be picking 15 in 2023 and 2024 anyway and not some high number. So either scenario would be generous, lads. Very generous.)

Look, suburban folk, you can't get anything of value without giving up something of value, correct?

So, debt-ridden lads of the Metroplex and beyond, if you really, really want Deebo and Stephen finds the money to pay Deebo, tha is a plausible way.

Holla
No, but I would have made a hard run at Bobby Wagner

Flamma

Reaction score
hey meant since we didnt make any splash signings in FA, a trade like this IN their Opinion would make up for that.I say that's far too rich for payer like Deebo who half his value is at RB type plays and he doesnt want to do that anymore.

First, you're right that it's too rich. But FA doesn't have anything to do with trades. There's probably a lot of people that wouldn't mind spending in FA because we're not giving away any picks.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
so has GB they haven't done anything extraordinary in FA and the last few seasons been mostly defense. Not a bad plan to fist fix the other side which in turn will help our offense which is pretty solid IMO..no need to throw 2 firsts and 28mil dollar deal for a WR..not now
It’s almost as if Green Bay is trying become Tennessee of the North. I like their defense though especially the secondary. When you give Aaron Rodgers 50 million a year, he should be able to carry the offense.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Absolutely not.

I wouldn't give 2- #2's.

I would give a #2 and a #4.

Best offer, take it or leave it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Look, ruffians, again I state me thoughts:
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRv9onm6evfB3fK67bIqlNW-goEd0qnOnyajA&usqp=CAU
*A blockbuster trade to the 49ers for an unhappy Deebo harkens back to early Jerry/Jimmy. BOLD, INNOVATIVE, OIL CATTER!
*Be mindful that these No. 1 Cowboy picks would not be great ones. A Cowboys team projected at 11-6 next season and next will yield 2 No. 24s or higher. So, blokes, let us really assess what we are giving.
Not. High. Draft. Picks.
*Deebo provides instant explosives out of the backfield or as a slot or WR.
*Deebo is no risky rookie. HE IS A PROVEN COMMODITY! ( Did you see what he did to us? Well let me tell you chaps its no walk in the cake!)
*This is THE SIGNING THAT COMES FROM THE FONT OF INSPIRATION!
* Turn this awful FA offseason into one for Cowboys lore, Jerry and fellow clowns.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Nope! We may find our own Deebo in 2023 or 2024 and it will only cost us a ROOKIE CONTRACT!

Me fondest wish is tha you are correct.
However, Deebo is no gamble. He's not cheap but in what universe or life aura field do we exist in which we get value for nothing?
Egads, I need to lay down.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What, two # 1s for Deebo?? No, but I'd consider offering a bag of stale peanuts and a paddleboat ride in a polluted swamp! :lmao:

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Holla
Pipe dream, but love the enthusiasm.
No way this conservative approach alters its strategy to obtain success at this point.
Its the process and Jerry is adhering.