Thought on how to get Zeke's accuser to tell the truth

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I’m sure some I’ll be ridiculed for this, but assuming Zeke is innocent, why doesn't he (or Jerry) offer his accuser a good amount of cash (maybe $1 million) to tell the truth and show support/evidence of how she lied. It would make her look bad, but I have a feeling she wouldn’t care what anyone thinks of her. It gives her what she probably wanted all along, unless her real goal was to ruin his NFL career.

It would also make the NFL look horrible for their poor investigative work and they would have no choice (assuming the evidence is solid) to drop the case.

You never want to pay someone that has falsely accused you, but this case is so unique and will force the NFL to handle things like this differently in the future. Zeke could also sue the NFL for defamation of character.

Again, not a perfect situation, but I’m sure she’d take $1 million to tell the truth, even if she looked bad in the public’s eye, especially since many think she’s lying anyways. Two years from now, no one would remember her and she’d still end up with a good payment to just tell the truth.

If the league saw Zeke paying out cash for Thompson to come back and say nothing happened, the league would continue to go after him and use the fact he paid her off as major evidence against him.

RoboQB

Reaction score
For 1m I will drive to Columbus and turn myself in....... I'll say "I whooped that trick" wearing an Ewok mask so that is why she thought it was EE

star-wars-episode-vi-return-of-the-jedi-limited-edition-20060905060817071-000.jpg

I wish I could give 10 likes for the Ewok reference... hilarious!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure some I’ll be ridiculed for this, but assuming Zeke is innocent, why doesn't he (or Jerry) offer his accuser a good amount of cash (maybe $1 million) to tell the truth and show support/evidence of how she lied. It would make her look bad, but I have a feeling she wouldn’t care what anyone thinks of her. It gives her what she probably wanted all along, unless her real goal was to ruin his NFL career.

It would also make the NFL look horrible for their poor investigative work and they would have no choice (assuming the evidence is solid) to drop the case.

You never want to pay someone that has falsely accused you, but this case is so unique and will force the NFL to handle things like this differently in the future. Zeke could also sue the NFL for defamation of character.

Again, not a perfect situation, but I’m sure she’d take $1 million to tell the truth, even if she looked bad in the public’s eye, especially since many think she’s lying anyways. Two years from now, no one would remember her and she’d still end up with a good payment to just tell the truth.

Good question.

They would have to agree to pay her AFTER she told the truth.

It would only help if she did it publically. They would need to get the media to make the NFL to cause the NFL to backtrack. It would help if they could play up the race issue.

Right now Zeke's Lawyers think they can win in court. The Lawyers prefer they get paid instead of the girl.

Verdict

Reaction score
Paying her to retract her comments just seems like she is lying for money. It doesn't clear his name.

However, some back channel discussions with her about the hell she is going to face having to testify (assuming she IS lying) and the public humiliation and possible civil litigation if Elliot is exonerated - this might influence her to tell the truth.

You are dreaming if you think how she appears is going to make her tell the truth.