Thoughts about Cowboy Loss today

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Are you suggesting our DEs played well despite the fact that this has been statistically the worst defense in Dallas Cowboy history? Yeah Lawrence played well AT TIMES, as did Gregory. Armstrong, idk dude, lol.
If Tank does anything well he is one of the best run stopping defensive ends in the league. You sound like one of those fans that only care about sacks and big hits. I can’t do nothing for you then. Watch the all 22 and just watch Armstrong you will see why he is out there on run downs.

quickccc

Reaction score
- Like every other team in the NFC East, the Giants emphasize building the DL. I wish it was the Cowboys trading a 5th round pick for Leonard Williams, but the Cowboys emphasize Edge rushers over DTs and it shows. I was worried about Connor Williams, Steele and Knight going into this game. The Giants absolutely manhandled the Cowboys OL. The good news is, I think McGovern has shown he should ben competing with Williams for the LG spot next year. I think he wins. But they all need to get stronger.

-Dalton's problems in the first half set the tone for the game. You cannot give away 30 minutes of a 60 minute game and expect to win. I have no doubt if Dak was playing, the Cowboys win yesterday. But this game showed us why a mobile QB is so important in the NFL now.

- Schultz was a pleasant surprise, but I wish we could have found out what Blake Jarwin could do, especially in the red zone. Is he really the answer?

- This defense is horrible. They need help everywhere on the defense. The Cowboys got no pressure on Jones most of the day against a Giants OL that has not been great in pass protection. Jones had a lot of time and a clean pocket to throw. He still made some bad throws that helped the Cowboys. The Giants average 17 points a game. In two games the Cowboys gave up 57 points to them. No one should think this team's defense is even average. They are horrible and need a lot of help. 1/2 of play against the worst offense in the league is not an indication the defense has potential.

- I remember Lewis, Awuzie and Woods flashing a lot of potential in their rookie seasons too. I liked what I saw from Wilson but I am not convinced he is the answer. It is disappointing that Reggie Robinson could not crack this lineup despite all the injuries and poor play.

The Giants are not a good football team. They have a decent defense, but it all starts with their DL against the Cowboys OL. People say injuries are not an excuse. Of course it is an excuse. If backup players are not an excuse for losing then why are people complaining about team tanking by playing backups? The Giants and WFT are the two healthiest teams in the division. If the Cowboys and Eagles were as healthy as those two teams I can guarantee it would have been the Cowboys in 1st place and the Eagles in 2nd - or the other way around. I like what the WFT is doing to build their team, but they are not there yet and they need a QB. But that DL is going to be a problem for a long time. The same with the Giants. They are building an OL, and a DL that will be strong going forward. Both teams need a few players.

And let me throw this out there. If Evan Engram does drop all those passes and the Giants defenders didn't drop all those errant Dalton throws in the first half, what would the score have been?

- Despite the injury issue with Martin who was really battered by injuries more than any other year in his career, is that McGovern finally got a chance to get on the field and show some semblance
of what he can do. If for whatever stunts & twists and games opposing teams put towards him, I don't recall him getting beaten nearly as much as C. Williams
and I don't recall him being stout and overpowering but he was functional.

- Jarwin is supposedly considered the better and more quicker athlete than Schultz; they've always liked and thought his vertical speed gives them a dimension -such as splitting the deep middle seams
in a blink. New contract aside, that's why I still think Jarwin will be THE guy when it comes to the starting TE. But watch the durability scene between the two.
Neither TE are great blockers and won't set the edge in line. But we've seen their receiving ability and potential.

i'd be vastly curious in how much was the fault of rookies Reggie Robinson and Bradley Anae themselves that they could not get on the field
- and how much could have had to do with these current coaches fault that they could not get on the field, learn and produce.
Assignments and learning issues ? .. Technique issues ?.. Commitment, preparation issues ? ..Coaching issues ?
:oops:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
If Tank does anything well he is one of the best run stopping defensive ends in the league. You sound like one of those fans that only care about sacks and big hits. I can’t do nothing for you then. Watch the all 22 and just watch Armstrong you will see why he is out there on run downs.
I know DLaw is great run stopper; he’s better at that than rushing, but don’t tell me DEs played well with a historically bad defense; you sound like a homer.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I know DLaw is great run stopper; he’s better at that than rushing, but don’t tell me DEs played well with a historically bad defense; you sound like a homer.
I agree nobody on the defense gets away with a pass. Some posters believe get rid of Jaylon the defenses problem is solved. I do think the defense improved because of three players figuring some things out. We found a strong safety in Donavon Wilson, a cornerback in Diggs, and a game changer at defensive end in Gregory. With Tank we have 4 cornerstones. We just need to find 7 more.:huh:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I agree nobody on the defense gets away with a pass. Some posters believe get rid of Jaylon the defenses problem is solved. I do think the defense improved because of three players figuring some things out. We found a strong safety in Donavon Wilson, a cornerback in Diggs, and a game changer at defensive end in Gregory. With Tank we have 4 cornerstones. We just need to find 7 more.:huh:
Yeah man, outside those guys you mentioned; add a healthy LVE, and it sure feels like everyone else is replaceable

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah man, outside those guys you mentioned; add a healthy LVE, and it sure feels like everyone else is replaceable
Listen I want LVE to succeed but he is literally a jammed neck away from ending his career. You cannot depend on him at all. I am more confident that Tyron will return then I am of LVE.