CFZ Thoughts about last's night solid win!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I actually have more respect for the Eagles team now and the 49ers defense is nasty. It actually will be important for us to sign OBJ and get Tyron back healthy. The all or nothing strategy might have to be played by Jerry even if we don’t see OBJ until the playoffs.
Got to go for it in this weak conference. Truly need another receiver to get attention of of Lamb and add more depth to the group.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
First note, I never take too much from any one game. The Cowboys looked flat to start the game and played that way for most of the 1st 3 quarters. But good teams overcome mistakes to win games and the Cowboys poured it on in the 4th quarter. The fact that the Cowboys do not have to play their A game to win is a good thing. But they cannot play much worse than they did last night if they want to win.

It looked to me like Anthony Barr was taken out at some point and Clark finished the game. Did Barr reinjure himself or was he on a pitch count? I'd like to think the coaches noticed Barr is not very effective and Clark is playing better. There was one play where Taylor ran around Barr's side of the defense and Barr could not catch him. Barr's arms were fulling outstretched and Taylor was fingertips outside his grasp. It seems to me that was a play Clark makes.

Seems like some people are worried about the pass rush now because the Cowboys did not sack Ryan unless they ran those 6 man rushes. But I think the pass rush is less aggressive now because they are playing the run more instead of rushing helter skelter on every down. They still gave up a couple of big runs but overall, they are playing it better, I think.

However, we may see the return of the aggressive pass rush going forward with Brown out and two backups playing CB. With Bland intercepting 2 passes last night, Kelvin Joseph had better be prepared for an onslaught in games going forward. He is going to get targeted constantly because he does not play the ball well, and he gives up completions. He is also prone to bonehead penalties. But, it seems like teams were targeting Brown on those long bombs and they were successful so how much worse can Joseph be? If Joseph can learn ball skills the way Bland plays, he will be fine because his problem is not being sticky.

It seems it takes Dak a quarter to two get get warm. Early in the game his passes were off target and his decisions were suspect. He got better late in the game but I didn't think he had a very good game. The INT was not his fault, but there were other passes that could have been intercepted that were his fault.
Brown has been really struggling, let's see if Joseph can do better.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No proof.

Joseph played 64% in a previous game this season.
- He played 40% in this game (Colts).

He gave up a total of minus 2 yards in his 1st NFL start (2021).

He had better positioning on that TD than Brown has had when he has given up TDs.

We should get a more definitive answer next week.
Sometimes, all a player needs is an opportunity. This is Joseph's chance to show he belongs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have seen him give up more than minus 2 yards. he has been targeted and somewhat targeted last night. he was 5th on the depth chart for a reason, beaten out by a rookie 5th rounder. he is in position to start for us because of two injuries. having your 5th on the depth chart to start should worry all cowboys fans.
He wasn't beaten out by Bland, Bland is their nickel backup where Joseph was the outside backup.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have seen him give up more than minus 2 yards. he has been targeted and somewhat targeted last night. he was 5th on the depth chart for a reason, beaten out by a rookie 5th rounder. he is in position to start for us because of two injuries. having your 5th on the depth chart to start should worry all cowboys fans.
Joseph was 3rd on the depth chart at outside CB.

Coaches like for young CBs to focus on only 1 of inside or outside CB.

When Brown or Diggs missed snaps, Joseph replaced them even before Lewis was injured (i.e. Bland was available).

I need to review the Colts game but I only remember 1 bad play which was the TD he allowed. He had great positioning on the TD play. Better than Brown on the TD he allowed.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if Lewis wasn't injured, would you think Joseph makes it to the starting line up?

Joseph is a liability, until proven otherwise.
Yes, Diggs and Brown missed some snaps before the Lewis injury. Joseph was the replacement, not Bland..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes, Diggs and Brown missed some snaps before the Lewis injury. Joseph was the replacement, not Bland..
I hope he does well. for Cowboys sake. again, I would like to see him in play. he wasn't very sharp in some of the previous games he played. last night was a disaster for entire Indy offense, so I take his performance with a grain of salt.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
if Lewis wasn't injured, would you think Joseph makes it to the starting line up?

Joseph is a liability, until proven otherwise.
I understand the worry about starting a new, unproven corner, but Joseph is the far more talented player. Remember, him in college was the only one in the SEC who actually had success against Devonta Smith. Yes, he will have growing pains, but should get better with more reps/confidence. By the way, he also is a much better tackler for the position.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I understand the worry about starting a new, unproven corner, but Joseph is the far more talented player. Remember, him in college was the only one in the SEC who actually had success against Devonta Smith. Yes, he will have growing pains, but should get better with more reps/confidence. By the way, he also is a much better tackler for the position.
I hope so

Verdict

Reaction score
Offense

-Arguably Cee Dee's best game as a Cowboy. Tremendous in the open field and made a heads up play to score the first TD of the game.
-Thought ground attack was effective, although it really didn't hit until the 2nd half.
-Peters play at LT and Tyler inside suggests Tyron is returning and Peters working as the swing Tackle.
-Cowboys receivers continue to allow easy interceptions. Any QB will be off target at times, if you cannot catch it, make sure the other team doesn't as well.
-Shultz was lucky they couldn't challenge that early fumble and needs to make that TD catch. Bad penalty by Ferguson that stopped the 1st drive in the 2nd half at the 50.

Defense

-Giving up just 80 yards to Jonathan Taylor was a big accomplishment. Run defense still is very shaky at times, by definitely has gotten better since Green Bay.
-Surprisingly the Cowboys couldn't get much of a pass rush without the blitz last night, perhaps Ryan was getting rid of the ball too quickly.
-Anthony Brown once again got beaten deep. Before the injury, I thought he needed to get benched. Sucks to lose him for the year, as it hurts our depth, but we need to see what Joseph can do. Gave up a TD, but looked better attacking the football then Brown. Diggs also had a terrible play that led to the Colts 1st TD.
-It took Hooker to play his former team to have his breakout game with the Cowboys. His interception was the key play that turned around the game.
-Both Lve and Clark made huge plays, Lve made a great tackle in space against Taylor, Clark caused that fumble in the 4th qtr.

Special Teams

-Perhaps their worse performance of the yr. Gave up long kickoff returns, had an extra point blocked.
I HOPE I’M WRONG but I think Joseph getting lots of playing time is going to cost the team big time. He has not been playing well, so far.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I HOPE I’M WRONG but I think Joseph getting lots of playing time is going to cost the team big time. He has not been playing well, so far.
Brown was hurting them too the last several weeks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Offense

-Arguably Cee Dee's best game as a Cowboy. Tremendous in the open field and made a heads up play to score the first TD of the game.
-Thought ground attack was effective, although it really didn't hit until the 2nd half.
-Peters play at LT and Tyler inside suggests Tyron is returning and Peters working as the swing Tackle.
-Cowboys receivers continue to allow easy interceptions. Any QB will be off target at times, if you cannot catch it, make sure the other team doesn't as well.
-Shultz was lucky they couldn't challenge that early fumble and needs to make that TD catch. Bad penalty by Ferguson that stopped the 1st drive in the 2nd half at the 50.

Defense

-Giving up just 80 yards to Jonathan Taylor was a big accomplishment. Run defense still is very shaky at times, by definitely has gotten better since Green Bay.
-Surprisingly the Cowboys couldn't get much of a pass rush without the blitz last night, perhaps Ryan was getting rid of the ball too quickly.
-Anthony Brown once again got beaten deep. Before the injury, I thought he needed to get benched. Sucks to lose him for the year, as it hurts our depth, but we need to see what Joseph can do. Gave up a TD, but looked better attacking the football then Brown. Diggs also had a terrible play that led to the Colts 1st TD.
-It took Hooker to play his former team to have his breakout game with the Cowboys. His interception was the key play that turned around the game.
-Both Lve and Clark made huge plays, Lve made a great tackle in space against Taylor, Clark caused that fumble in the 4th qtr.

Special Teams

-Perhaps their worse performance of the yr. Gave up long kickoff returns, had an extra point blocked.

LOL............"solid win" :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hate to throw a wet blanket over this win, but if we were playing a contender, we'd have lost that game by halftime. The Cowboys looked average to poor in the first half. Dak Looked like crap early on.

It was a 2 point game going into the 4th when the Colts imploded with turnovers. Someone in the organization must have pissed off some witchdoctor somewhere, that was crazy with the turnovers.

We have to be better than that when the Eagles come to Dallas. Or Dallas isn't winning that game.

bubububububut........................:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

When we played a contender we beat them 40-3 a few weeks ago.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I hate to throw a wet blanket over this win, but if we were playing a contender, we'd have lost that game by halftime. The Cowboys looked average to poor in the first half. Dak Looked like crap early on.

It was a 2 point game going into the 4th when the Colts imploded with turnovers. Someone in the organization must have pissed off some witchdoctor somewhere, that was crazy with the turnovers.

We have to be better than that when the Eagles come to Dallas. Or Dallas isn't winning that game.
Just the worst fans anywhere. Can’t even be happy after a blowout. Dak had a 100.7 passer rating and you’re *****ing? It’s a 60 minute game not 30. Damn this place is even toxic after a blowout!

doomsday808

Reaction score
I'm a little concerned that for the past two games, it takes us a whole half to get going. We did not look good at all for the first two halves of the Giants and Colts game. That can't happen going down the stretch.