CFZ Thoughts about today's blowout win!

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Vikings are the hottest team in the league and we just drubbed them in their house. We have the Vikings number, beating them 3 in a row with 3 different QB's.

Offense

-Excellent job with running the football and staying with it. When you dominate the trenches, passing the football gets that much easier. Dak was terrific today, but the ground attack was dominate. This is our recipe for success. Control the clock, keep defense fresh and force teams to play catchup.

-Tony Pollard had a career day, thought Zeke played, especially on 3rd and shorts. Why has Kellen Moore waited so long to pass the football down the field to Pollard? Pollard is really looking like a special player.

-Thought OL was outstanding, not only opening up huge holes in the run game, but Dak had a clean pocket all game long.

Defense

-Very good sign as they responded from their worse defensive performance with a truly dominate game. This shows strong character and leadership.

-Pretty simple, you have to earn the right to rush the passer by playing well on the early downs. Run defense was far better, still not great, but they don't have to be.

-Pass rush was completely dominate today. Not just one player either. A statue QB like Cousins had zero chance for success. Even with Darrishaw in the game, they won the trenches. Like how Quinn moved Parsons around today.

-Props to our secondary, but a lot had to do with our pass rush today.

Special Teams

-What a BS call after the 60 yard FG. Very, very late. Karma baby, when Maher nailed it again!
Two 60 yard field goals what is the most exciting field goals Oh my watching career.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Great summation, and I still have no explanation how the officials can negate a FG to go back and review Lambs catch?
I never heard a whistle or saw a challenge flag prior to the snap on that kick.
That was some BS but Maher was having none of that trash, that 2nd kick would have been good from 67.

So a dak and pollard featured offense is to your liking?

RS12

Reaction score
Vikings are the hottest team in the league and we just drubbed them in their house. We have the Vikings number, beating them 3 in a row with 3 different QB's.

Offense

-Excellent job with running the football and staying with it. When you dominate the trenches, passing the football gets that much easier. Dak was terrific today, but the ground attack was dominate. This is our recipe for success. Control the clock, keep defense fresh and force teams to play catchup.

-Tony Pollard had a career day, thought Zeke played, especially on 3rd and shorts. Why has Kellen Moore waited so long to pass the football down the field to Pollard? Pollard is really looking like a special player.

-Thought OL was outstanding, not only opening up huge holes in the run game, but Dak had a clean pocket all game long.

Defense

-Very good sign as they responded from their worse defensive performance with a truly dominate game. This shows strong character and leadership.

-Pretty simple, you have to earn the right to rush the passer by playing well on the early downs. Run defense was far better, still not great, but they don't have to be.

-Pass rush was completely dominate today. Not just one player either. A statue QB like Cousins had zero chance for success. Even with Darrishaw in the game, they won the trenches. Like how Quinn moved Parsons around today.

Special Teams

-What a BS call after the 60 yard FG. Very, very late. Karma baby, when Maher nailed it again!
Excellent summation. For me the nutshell version is total domination in the trenches both sides is really what lead to the rout. When you whoop a team that bad on bother sides probably likely to win 98% of the time.

quickccc

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

- i can only think of just a handful of RBs in NFL that can match or equal to Pollard's game breaking burst and speed. and he's not a scat back either.
This forces Kellen to best utilize Pollard with not just run game - but as a receiver in pass game . He can be as dangerous a weapon as far as Kellen's imagination
allows Tony to be .... or limited and under-utilized as Kellen makes him to be.

- Zeke is a sheer force when he's a goal line runner - brutal lower leg power and he gets low - and he flat has a knack and nose for the goal line.
If i can get Zeke at a reduced dollar rate ..and reduced role, we can make that pollard- zeke pair work really well

- If i were the Cowboys, i'm franchise tagging him if there's not a long term deal for him in time.. if we can tag TE Schultz for one year, then why not Tony Pollard ?
Re-do Zeke's contract just as we re-did DLaw's contract. .. Agree to a cut salary or be cut altogether.

- OL mixed well with run game and protected Dak with clean looks, Kellen did call a good game with mixture of run/pass; We have two bookend maulers in OT's
Tyler and Steele, they are knocking folks off the ball and delivering pancake " blocks to the ground.
OL was outstanding, there were occasional huge holes in the middle and backs were able to catch the edges that they could not last year.

- Earlier on i thought even Malik Davis perform well.,.. he's a ficture here imo, and we should ditch injury prone Rico Dwondle ..for good !!

- Brilliant toe tap catch by Lamb, and he had a workman like performance that kept drives alive

- Cowboys will re-sign restricted FA Steele to a long term this offseason ...book it !

- Gallup can be a mediocre bubble screen blocker - but kudos for having some really tough catches to sustain scoring drives ....

- i was concerned Kellen was going back to resorting to those dreadful bubble screens again.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This was the kind of game/team MM vision when he was initially hired. He wanted an offense that scores fast and early and turns the game over to his DLine.
Remember NOW is the time you want to be playing your best ball..........fingers cross that this is just the beginning.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore doesn't send in "throw it to Pollard on 3" from the headset. It's up to the QB to get him the football.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

I think special props should be given to T. Diggs. He single-handedly shut down one of the best receivers - if not the best - in the league today.

exciter

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

And they finally took advantage of having Pollard in the passing game. Keep that up and it’s going to put a lot more pressure on defenses!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think special props should be given to T. Diggs. He single-handedly shut down one of the best receivers - if not the best - in the league today.
Pass rush didn't give them a chance, but still give credit to Diggs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
- i can only think of just a handful of RBs in NFL that can match or equal to Pollard's game breaking burst and speed. and he's not a scat back either.
This forces Kellen to best utilize Pollard with not just run game - but as a receiver in pass game . He can be as dangerous a weapon as far as Kellen's imagination
allows Tony to be .... or limited and under-utilized as Kellen makes him to be.

- Zeke is a sheer force when he's a goal line runner - brutal lower leg power and he gets low - and he flat has a knack and nose for the goal line.
If i can get Zeke at a reduced dollar rate ..and reduced role, we can make that pollard- zeke pair work really well

- If i were the Cowboys, i'm franchise tagging him if there's not a long term deal for him in time.. if we can tag TE Schultz for one year, then why not Tony Pollard ?
Re-do Zeke's contract just as we re-did DLaw's contract. .. Agree to a cut salary or be cut altogether.

- OL mixed well with run game and protected Dak with clean looks, Kellen did call a good game with mixture of run/pass; We have two bookend maulers in OT's
Tyler and Steele, they are knocking folks off the ball and delivering pancake " blocks to the ground.
OL was outstanding, there were occasional huge holes in the middle and backs were able to catch the edges that they could not last year.

- Earlier on i thought even Malik Davis perform well.,.. he's a ficture here imo, and we should ditch injury prone Rico Dwondle ..for good !!

- Brilliant toe tap catch by Lamb, and he had a workman like performance that kept drives alive

- Cowboys will re-sign restricted FA Steele to a long term this offseason ...book it !

- Gallup can be a mediocre bubble screen blocker - but kudos for having some really tough catches to sustain scoring drives ....

- i was concerned Kellen was going back to resorting to those dreadful bubble screens again.
Agree, Pollard needs to be tagged, can ill afford to lose him. He is becoming a superstar. Really would like to also keep Zeke at a reduced rate, he is a great short yardage back and can wear defenses down with his style.