Thoughts After 4 Games

blueblood70

Reaction score
I probably wasn't clear. I didn't mean that Zeke rebounded this game. I felt like his trajectory the last couple of years has been on a downward trend. I think he's played well all year. He looks rejuvenated. As far as the head coach, I'm not sure I understand the "got it" comment. Maybe you didn't mean that to sound as condescending as it did. I was discussing the good and bad for several different people. I didn't come here to just discuss being 3-1 and leave it at that. Otherwise, there's no point in having any discussion on any player/coach at all. They are all 3-1. But, McCarthy has made some decisions I felt were questionable. I do feel better knowing that he pulled Diggs for back tightness.
we can question many decisions by all coaches, players, fo, owners etc etc but in the end you roll with teh record. Cant blame MM for 2020 without knowing that with an actual team he nearly has this 2021 TEAM at 4-0 it was that close..

khiladi

Reaction score
Rams read too many of their press clipping and got beat by the Cards today

A lot of 3-1 teams now.
Cards the only 4-0 team

I didn’t watch it, but…

Losses for good teams are better early to keep them grounded and aware of their weaknesses than late.. I also read that Stafford was off today even though plays were there.

And maybe Arizona is just good too…

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke got screwed out of another rushing title by the commissioner. And, I'm completely down with a mulligan for 2020. I have zero complaints about Zeke this year. I'm not down on him at all.
2019 was a good year for a transitioning offense and zeke so idf 2020 was mulligan and hes playing like old Zeke this season, HE NEVER LEFT!

Scotman

Reaction score
we can question many decisions by all coaches, players, fo, owners etc etc but in the end you roll with teh record. Cant blame MM for 2020 without knowing that with an actual team he nearly has this 2021 TEAM at 4-0 it was that close..
Not having a camp was a true handicap for the coaching staff last year. Oddly, and I probably can't justify it if pressed, I gave McCarthy a mulligan for 2020...but not Nolan.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The class of 2021 is shaping up to be an amazing draft.

And to think Jabril Cox has not had the gift wrap taken off yet , yes this is shaping up as a nice class. Even when healthy not sure where Kelvin Joseph fits in, one of the post game buffet tables either the FAN or the Ticket were saying they wished Asante Samuel Jr was the pick.

Scotman

Reaction score
2019 was a good year for a transitioning offense and zeke so idf 2020 was mulligan and hes playing like old Zeke this season, HE NEVER LEFT!
Fair enough. I understand what you're saying. I feel like he's playing better now than the last couple of years. He's certainly been more consistent than any of the other backs drafted around the same time.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overall:
I thought we'd be 2-2 at this point. We've played some good teams and are sitting at 3-1. I think we have a ton of room for improvement. If McCarthy can keep the team from "eating the cheese" and keep them hungry (and fix his own brain cramps), we have a load of potential.

Don't worry. The players can't eat the cheese if the head coach already ate it all.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I didn’t watch it, but…

Losses for good teams are better early to keep them grounded and aware of their weaknesses than late.. I also read that Stafford was off today even though plays were there.

And maybe Arizona is just good too…
maybe that cardinals DC and defensive players made him OFF..dont make excuses not the first time Stafford's lost a game and not played well..

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
They moved the ball quite good today .

Good redzone effectiveness .

MM has been tearing the NFL these past two weeks with all phases.

dont even think about making kellen a HC , he is garett material .

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The team can’t eat the cheese but I can, and I’m dreaming of a 13-4 record now and first round bye. This is an elite team and they can beat anyone in the league right now.

Look closer. The score was 14-13 at halftime and Moore+Quinn made brilliant halftime adjustments. Then Dallas comes out and takes over the game. When was the last time do you remember that happened? Probably under Parcells.

The arrow is pointed straight up on this team with a franchise QB, a great offensive line with depth, and a solid defense that creates turnovers, while the offense doesn’t give the ball away.

DFWJC

Reaction score
maybe that cardinals DC and defensive players made him OFF..dont make excuses not the first time Stafford's lost a game and not played well..
:huh:
i didn't see any excuses
He flat out directly said Stafford was off……that is placing blame on him by definition.

Players have off games…. just ownit and move on

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Big Mike made brilliant adjustments at half time , the game was tied at half time . Big props to MM today .

blueblood70

Reaction score
:huh:
i didn't see any excuses
He flat out directly said Stafford was off……that is placing blame on him by definition.

Players have off games…. just ownit and move on
no its saying as if Stafford would have not been off for no reasons, they win..no the cardinals made him off and beat them like a drum..that's my point. got it good..

pansophy

Reaction score
My keys to proving we are legit:
1. Red zone offense needs to continue to show that it is different than last year.
2. Defense is living off turnovers -- which has been amazing -- but in the absence of them, offenses get a lot of yards and score a lot of TDs. We need to see more punts and FGs.
3. Special teams simply don't inspire confidence, whether it is FGs or punt returns. Even today with the 2-pt conversion nonsense. Seems like we are always dealing with some special teams issue.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Big Mike made brilliant adjustments at half time , the game was tied at half time . Big props to MM today .
no we were down 14-13 but yes on the other points..by the 4th we were up 32-14 i believe until the refs stepped in and made soem bad calls to keep it close..

DFWJC

Reaction score
no its saying as if Stafford would have not been off for no reasons, they win..no the cardinals made him off and beat them like a drum..that's my point. got it good..
You sound….angry

Not that I disagree. Cards thumped them

khiladi

Reaction score

I said based on what I read, he was off, despite having openings.