Thoughts on big win vs GB

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
cobra;2276940 said:
Before the Browns game, we had people warning it was a potential loser. Before the Eagles game, people were seriously saying we were going to lose and were a weaker team. But we beat an otherwise dominant team. Then this week, same stuff about how we were going to lose to the awesomeness of Rogers and Grant. But we pretty solidly won at their house.

At some point our fans are going to have to accept the fact we are really good and can win even when part of game is off.

Green Bay was rolling and is tough at home. We handled the game.

I feel good about this team and can't wait until we finally put together a complete game! Watch out when we get rolling!

Great start to our season playing three difficult games.

This will absolutely will not happen until we get a victory like this in December.

If we thouroghly beat the Giants, Steelers and Eagles towards the end of the Season, the fans will start to come around.

I am just going to enjoy each game and not think about December.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
dbair1967;2276776 said:
It wasnt all that pretty at times, but a W is what matters most and there wasnt much doubt about which team was better.

:starspin

This is what impresses me the most about this team. we played two pretty poor games against two really good teams and were able to overcome all the adversity/mistakes/ boneheaded plays, that would have been the demise for the typical team, and still pull out the W.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2276980 said:
Amen to dat.
I understand the concern but it happens to the best of them sometimes. Remember in '91 when Emmitt fumbled against the Oilers in OT and it cost us the game? Atleast that didn't happen here and I think Barber will make sure of that judgeing the look on his face afterward, he'll be fine.
[/QUOTE]

It is definitely a small sample size and he has a long history of not being a fumbler. I just wonder if we're working him too much and fatiguing him. Maybe Felix should be getting more reps so he is fresher in the 4th quarter and less likely to fumble. That was the whole point of spending a first rounder on the complimentary back, no?

adamknite

Reaction score
I'm still bouncing off the walls, I'm so excited.

Great win, first win at Green Bay.... 27-9 late in the fourth, after hearing all week out the Cowboys were going to lose... just wonderful to see..... :starspin

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

It is definitely a small sample size and he has a long history of not being a fumbler. I just wonder if we're working him too much and fatiguing him. Maybe Felix should be getting more reps so he is fresher in the 4th quarter and less likely to fumble. That was the whole point of spending a first rounder on the complimentary back, no?

At 27-9 and with the ball down in the redzone like that late, I think that would have been a good time to get Tashard Choice carries. He's physical, has proven he can run in the redzone area and he'd have come in fresh.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
without a doubt the redzone offense is a concern. if we dont fix it its gonna kill us in a close game where we maybe lose late with a TD

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
It is definitely a small sample size and he has a long history of not being a fumbler. I just wonder if we're working him too much and fatiguing him. Maybe Felix should be getting more reps so he is fresher in the 4th quarter and less likely to fumble. That was the whole point of spending a first rounder on the complimentary back, no?[/quote]

Maybe so. But that particular play Barber just didn't want to go down and sometimes when that happens it increases the chance of the fumble. He wasn't tired enough to quit fighting on that play, he just messed up.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
We SPANKED GB tonight. If YOU think otherwise YOU are an IDJIT ! Sorry, but you are.

Silverstar

Reaction score
My thoughts...

Romo had 2 intentional grounding penalties and another INT in the endzone. That makes 3 INT's thrown in the endzone in the past 4 games including last year's playoff loss. He needs to work on throwing the ball away when nothing is there and also doing it correctly.

Eskimo

Reaction score
dbair1967;2277004 said:
At 27-9 and with the ball down in the redzone like that late, I think that would have been a good time to get Tashard Choice carries. He's physical, has proven he can run in the redzone area and he'd have come in fresh.

I would agree that Barber, Witten and TO didn't really need to be in the game at that point.

However, in a close game, you would want Barber in the game. I just worry that he is going to be too gassed deep in the game if we don't give him more breathers with Felix/Choice.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Well, his poses are really good.

http://img219.*************/img219/5725/vlcsnap476854xx3.jpg

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Unbelievable. I can't believe we still have people complaining.

Yeah, there is stuff to work on. But we have won the most difficult three game opening stretch in the league. We've beat three playoff caliber teams. And our fans are acting like we have holes so big that we should be happy that we aren't 0-3. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Oh yeah all you football geniuses who are spotting the glaring weaknesses in this team that will cost us the rest of the games this year: did you fools notice that the team we beat last week just beat the best team in the AFC on a short week? Think that says anything about the quality of our wins?

What a bunch of whiners! Get your heads out of your *****, quit *****ing, and realize you have a helluva team to cheer for this season!

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
cobra;2277128 said:

Yeah, there is stuff to work on. But we have won the most difficult three game opening stretch in the league. We've beat three playoff caliber teams. And our fans are acting like we have holes so big that we should be happy that we aren't 0-3. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Oh yeah all you football geniuses who are spotting the glaring weaknesses in this team that will cost us the rest of the games this year: did you fools notice that the team we beat last week just beat the best team in the AFC on a short week? Think that says anything about the quality of our wins?

What a bunch of whiners! Get your heads out of your *****, quit *****ing, and realize you have a helluva team to cheer for this season!

Yeah really! We have beaten the greatest team of all time the last 2 weeks, or ESPN would have me believe that.

Silverstar

Reaction score
cobra;2277128 said:

We had a helluva team last year too.

13-3 baby!

WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now, where did I put those damn rose colored glasses....ahhh here they are........WHOOOOOOOO!!!!

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
cobra;2277128 said:

You must have forgot we are supposed to win 34-3 every game. People on here are acting ridiculous. We dominated a team that was in the NFC Championship game in their stadium. Green Bay had one big play offensively the entire game. Our number 1 and 2 wide receivers had two catches combined, our number 4 wide receiver had two big catches and a TD, our backup running back had a long TD run. We are 3-0 and now have a pretty favorable schedule until the Giants game in Week 9.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
So, in the same thread, we've got arguments that we should've put the game away and that our starters should've been on the sidelines for the last half of the fourth quarter. Interesting. My contributions:

I want all my offensive starters in until the opponent has no reasonable chance of tying. That didn't happen in this game. Rotate early- I don't want my RB3 getting cold carries in the fourth quarter of any close game.

We beat a good team handily in their house. It shouldn't have been as close as it was, but we neutered their offense. After last week, that is impressive by any measure.

Henry tackled like an old lady. He will never be a safety.

Adam Jones is not Deion. There needs to be a kickoff return play that calls for him to simply field the punt and advance forward at all costs in order to preserve field position. Jones caught that last punt at the 50. If he falls forward, we get the ball in GB territory and there is no time to hold. To me, that was the missed chance to put the game away.

Romo needs to learn to give up on a play in the red zone. It's becoming a pattern. Fortunately, its occuring in the first half. That said, he made many plays with his legs tonight and I feel like he's getting smarter.

Great win tonight.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Silverstar;2277167 said:
We had a helluva team last year too.

Agh, yes. We didn't win in the playoffs last year to the champs.

So by your logic (or should I say ****ty reasoning) it a homer comment to be excited by this team and think they are really good. Afterall, it's week three and these guys haven't won a playoff game yet the bums!

Joyful that I get to listen all season to these idiots who won **** until we win a playoff game. It'd be great if you could listen to Romo and enjoy the ride.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Pacman did not have a bad game.
Yes, arm tackling above the waist does not work, but Stew seems to not be able to reinforce that in his line coach: Hit them low and wrap your arms around the legs.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2277153 said:
Yeah really! We have beaten the greatest team of all time the last 2 weeks, or ESPN would have me believe that.

Why cants peoples just take it as hype?

Hey, what is with the tractor? I would like to no.

Is it a statement about the isolation of the land vis a vie an increasingly corporate vibe with nuances of virite opus provincial opera?

Or do you just like tractors?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cobra;2277128 said:

I've been saying the same thing...but, unless this team shuts down every other team 45 - 0 these ungrateful fans will be here talking the same idiotic crap every week!

It's actually embarassing to read from follow Cowboy fans (or so called fans_!

:cool: