Thoughts on Dan Campbell?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He'll likely get strong endorsements from Parcell and Payton. Also, notice what Colts GM said about him. He could very be a much stronger candidate than many wanna believe.

If this were to happen I would tune out Cowboys football more then I already have.

Dan Campbell is not ready for this job. This job needs a certain type of guy to be successful and having no skins on the wall is not going to cut it.

Let him go coach the Panthers or Jaguars.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah. My hope is that he would channel Parcells a bit. Parcels eventually relented to Jerry, but that was because he was old and tired. Perhaps a young Parcels prodigy would be able to withstand JJs pressure

he only played for Parcells. didn't coach with or for him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
he only played for Parcells. didn't coach with or for him.

Dan Campbell was not a real happy camper when he left this organization either. He said he didn't hear from anyone with the team when his contract was up.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hey, I like Campbell, always have. The only problem I might have is that he might be too in the bag for Jerry. I want a guy who runs this team his way and somebody Jerry can't pressure into stupid football. I don't know if that guy exists or not but if he's out there, I want that guy.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Interim head coach is a good title to have, as well as assistant head coach.

I'm not so concerned about whether they were ever coordinators so long as they have philosophy for the team and actually live up to it

Garrett was the assistant head coach and interim coach, too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But it has to be asked of everyone. Even two hall of fame head coaches couldn't deal with him.

Sure they could. And both did for several years. And both got to choose their own staff, and that's the major point.

Gaede

Reaction score
Garrett was the assistant head coach and interim coach, too.
I know. As I was typing that response I realized what I was saying! I do think Campbell's more battle-tested than Garrett, but this is a good argument against him

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Garrett 2.0. Barely any HC experience. Brings nothing on his own to the defense or offense without a strong coordinator. Just another motivational speaker. I can listen to speeches on Youtube.
Pass.