Thoughts on the game...

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rack said:
It does annoy me how our OL played well the first 3 games, then we play against a horrible pass rushing team and give up 4 sacks (plus a lot of hurries). Our OL didn't come to play today.

Only one of the sacks was really the fault of the offensive line (Sapp's sack when he bodyslammed Bledsoe). The first was a coverage sack and two others came when the backs didn't pick up blitzers.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Maybe if we didnt just run julius between the center and guard every play he'd be okay.

Barber is dissapointing as well. Granted he hasnt ran much, but he doesnt impress me at all. He isn't that fast, doesnt make great cuts, and doesnt appear to be a strong runner... What does he give us?

TT looked good in the few carries he had. He seems to be a track star running the ball though. It's straight thru the whole 4.2 speed and thats it. no breaking tackles, or juking.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Only one of the sacks was really the fault of the offensive line (Sapp's sack when he bodyslammed Bledsoe). The first was a coverage sack and two others came when the backs didn't pick up blitzers.

Oh ok, so the OL played good then? I must of been imagining all the pressure Bledsoe was getting.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rack said:
Oh ok, so the OL played good then? I must of been imagining all the pressure Bledsoe was getting.

Bledsoe wasn't getting a lot of pressure other than on blitzes that weren't picked up. The coverage was a bigger problem, because he had to hold the ball longer than usual. The offensive line wasn't exactly giving him all day to throw, but they weren't getting beaten very often, either. It was more a case of the pocket gradually collapsing as Bledsoe waited for an open receiver.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Dale, so far there's been speculation that JJ had a concussion. Well today, Moose mentioned JJ looked injured. Also said it could be a groin pull. Then they showed JJ grab his groin after a run.

So it's very possible he's got an injury that'll never show up on an injury report.

Yes, BP said back in the post game SF that JJ tweaked his groin and I think it is lingering and he is essentially playing hurt. It makes sense and could be related..we may here about it this week you watch!!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
What did our wide recievers do in TC? Surely they learned how to get off a bump and run coverage.

Smith22

Reaction score
Rack said:

I agree. OL was sloppy all day. Bledsoe somehow managed to avoid at least 3 or 4 sacks or it could have been worse. Yeah, the backs missed some blitz pickups, but the OL was very average to below average all day, both in run and pass blocking.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Rack said:
Defense... seems we're the same old defense of 2-3 years ago. Bend but don't break. I thought the 3-4 was suppose to disrupt an offense and force turnovers? If we're gonna just rush Ware 90% of the time we might as well just go back to the 4-3.

Hmmm, and what is the connection? 2-3 years ago Mike Zimmer was the DC and this season... he is still the DC and we are seeing the exact same style of defense even with all the upgrades in talent.

The plain and simple truth this year is the same as it has been for the last several years, we are being out-coached every week. Even when we win a game we still look predictable and aren't putting the kind of pressure on the QB that we should be. Our only hope is that the other team makes enough stupid mistakes that they can't overcome them (see the SD & SF games).

This team has way too much talent on both sides of the ball to be playing this poorly.

Parcells is NOT the same coach he was back in the day. He is too concerned about mistakes and is "playing not to lose" rather than "playing to win". I don't care what his history is, you don't win many games in the NFL that way.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Muhast said:
What did our wide recievers do in TC? Surely they learned how to get off a bump and run coverage.

Now how in the heck would they learn that in TC? Our defense doesn't play that style so how would they learn it? (This is a slam on our defense not you).