Thoughts on the game

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Considering I am not in the pro-Dak crowd and actually wanted them to consider going to him to seek a trade...............

I am not comparing him to Dak at all. Just calling it like I see it. He shows some of the same issues he had in San Fran - late on throws, struggling at times to see plays develop, often lacks touch on short passes, etc. He definitely looked better than the previous week but in a league where you are going to have to make some big throws, regardless of how well you run it, I don't believe Lance is there yet. I don't think this team is a playoff team with Trey Lance at QB as he currently looks right now.

Cowboys are in a tough spot here IMO. To me, they should have blown this entire thing up in January and started over. But they didn't and appear to be close to signing Dak long term. I don't like it but the reality is with their moves and where this roster is, Dak is, unfortunately, the better option at this point.
Lance is nowhere near to be a starter. But as you said he showed improvement in his second game and thats a good sign.

I think if he plays the way in the rd PS game we should consider him as the 2nd qb and let rush go. I dont see the difference it should make if we keep rush at no 2. Rush may be a bit better than lance right now but if dak goes down neither will safe is the season.

Then we are no contender anyway and wont make the playoffs either. So even if the no 2 qb has to play only a few games and is the reason for losses that wont make a big difference.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lance is nowhere near to be a starter. But as you said he showed improvement in his second game and thats a good sign.

I think if he plays the way in the rd PS game we should consider him as the 2nd qb and let rush go. I dont see the difference it should make if we keep rush at no 2. Rush may be a bit better than lance right now but if dak goes down neither will safe is the season.

Then we are no contender anyway and wont make the playoffs either. So even if the no 2 qb has to play only a few games and is the reason for losses that wont make a big difference.
The only way Trance becomes the starter in Dallas would be similar to how he became the starter in SF.

If Dak walks, Trance could become the starter by default next year.

I already know the same people that think Trance beat out Jimmy G., will then claim Trance beat out Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Never said TL did just responded to your-
“Can you imagine if Dak had a stat line if 15/23 for 151 yards”
I guess you don’t know that Dak never has a bad game, so by your standards I guess TL didn’t either
Dak's bad game apparently is Trance's good one.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak's bad game apparently is Trance's good one.
It’s sad that you insist on calling TL an insulting name because you’re so attached to Dak who has accomplished nothing and it’s been that way since the trade was done, I didn’t say it was a good game that’s your twisting. I don’t know if he’s going to be the answer based on his 4 years I would think it’s a reach but it’s a bigger reach thinking Dak is going to change into a playoff winning QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s sad that you insist on calling TL an insulting name because you’re so attached to Dak who has accomplished nothing and it’s been that way since the trade was done, I didn’t say it was a good game that’s your twisting. I don’t know if he’s going to be the answer based on his 4 years I would think it’s a reach but it’s a bigger reach thinking Dak is going to change into a playoff winning QB.
It has nothing to do with Dak, but keep sticking with that narrative. I want Dak to walk and go to Pittsburgh and play for a real FO.

rambo2

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with Dak, but keep sticking with that narrative. I want Dak to walk and go to Pittsburgh and play for a real FO.
What does it have to do with? Why do you do it?