Thoughts/Opinions about championship weekend!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
KC VS Baltimore

-Mahomes is the Brady of this new generation, although far more athletic and far better arm strength. He can beat you in many ways and just doesn't get rattled. Only current QB who has that same trait is Joe Burrow, who is the only QB who has beaten Mahomes in the AFC.

-On the other hand, never have been impressed with Lamar Jackson as a passer. His accuracy is all over the place, decision making is very questionable and has this bad habit have going backwards when buying time in the pocket. Take away his legs, he isn't an NFL caliber QB in my opinion.

-As for the game itself, Baltimore was way too emotional and it hurt their team, believe 5 personal fouls. What in the world is Flowers doing taunting the Chiefs player? Boy, did we dodge a bullet not signing OBJ, who I thought was far better then this. Barely knew he played. What are the Ravens doing throwing 3rd and 1, when they have the best rushing offense in the league and have a 300lb FB leading the way?

-Tyreke Hill trade really helped improved the Chiefs Defense who is really good now. Not only did it allow them to keep Chris Jones, but players like Karlaftis, McDuffie and their young linebackers have taken this defense to the next level.

Lions VS 49ers

-Dan Campbell played a large part why the Lions lost the game. Two 4 down calls, when he clearly should of taken the points. It's one thing to be aggressive, another to be stupid. Team lost by 3 points and after the 49ers stopped them when it was 24-10, he changed the entire game.

-Think teams are starting to figure out Purdy as he cannot throw the deep ball. Sit on the underneath routes to have success. Thought Glenn playing his base defense was smart as they kept Mac in check for most of the game and dared Purdy to beat them. Give Purdy credit, his legs won them the game.

-Goff is a system QB and that's not a bad thing. He can win you a championship if everything around him to good. Excellent QB when he stays on his spot, but really struggles when he has to move. Also, thought he had some chances to run, but he chose against it. He wasn't the reason why they lost, but could play better.

-Josh Reynolds has to be sick to his stomach, with all those key drops. However, Lions are going to be a problem with all their young weapons and a healthy amount of cap space.

-What has happened to the 49ers run defense? Why didn't they blitz Goff more when he struggles against it?

Havic

Reaction score
49ers are the better team but the chiefs have mahomes and that could be all that matters in two weeks

JBS

Reaction score
Bang on on just about every topic. Not sure Campbells decisions cost the lions the game but I do agree that he got them wrong. Think they may have lost anyways. But I’m nitpicking here

Thoughts and precision on the Super Bowl @Cowboyny ?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I thought Cambell should of taken the FG. Showed great faith in his team but that point in the game?? I go FG. Purdy was one of the worse q.b.'s in the playoffs and somehow still snuck in. I hope the Chiefs kill them...

75boyz

Reaction score
Physicality in the trenches of both games was obvious.

KC has evolved from speed/finesse to a version of smashmouth TOP offense to go with stingy defense.

But if needed, Mahomes has the ability to still air it out to get a win if necessary too.
Impressive balance.

SF does not panic. Purdy can get a little rattled but rebounds with impressive composure for a 2nd year QB.
Confidence consistently shown by their playmakers even in adverse situations.

Like Bob harps on, the mental and physical toughness needed to advance was clearly evident in both teams. A trait we're totally lacking.

Both coaching staffs put ours to shame.
By a huge margin.

That about covers it.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I think the niners win the Superbowl. They are far more talented on offense than the chiefs.

As great as mahomes is, they are more vulnerable now than they have been since he became a starter.

They aren't going to be putting up a ton of points on anyone. They haven't put up 30 points in a game since they did it against the raiders in November.

If purdy plays well, I think they are just too talented. He's brought them back the last two weeks now after slow starts. It will be interesting to see if kcs defense can put the clamps on the niners in the 2nd half.

But obviously if mahomes gets the ball late needing a score to win, I fully expect him to deliver

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My biggest takeaway was we need a lot of upgrades on both lines and with LBs. Wish I could believe we are close to any of the 4 teams I saw Sunday but honestly I can’t. Our needs going into this off-season are very clear. Remains to be seen to what degree they get addressed.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
49ers are the better team but the chiefs have mahomes and that could be all that matters in two weeks
I think the thing the chiefs did this past off-season that gets so easily overlooked because of Mahomes is this: That chiefs defense is tough as nails.

Yes Mahomes is great. As a big Texas Tech fan I’ve been watching him since he was 18. He’s a first ballot HOFer even if he retired today. But that chiefs D is vastly underrated.

Aven8

Reaction score
My biggest takeaway was we need a lot of upgrades on both lines and with LBs. Wish I could believe we are close to any of the 4 teams I saw Sunday but honestly I can’t. Our needs going into this off-season are very clear. Remains to be seen to what degree they get addressed.
I agree. That first game was a defensive clinic. The 2nd half was a stalemate. I kept thinking of our team playing against Baltimore’s D and started giggling inside. Either team would have wiped the floor against our bunch.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Bang on on just about every topic. Not sure Campbells decisions cost the lions the game but I do agree that he got them wrong. Think they may have lost anyways. But I’m nitpicking here

Thoughts and precision on the Super Bowl @Cowboyny ?
Like the Chiefs to win. Will do a write-up before the game about why.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No sugar coating it, we are just not as good as these top teams.

RS12

Reaction score
We were never as good as any of the top 4, even the Lions.
Not my point. Historically the team plays best pre Thanksgiving, which corresponded to (particularly this year) the schedule full of the dregs of the league. I am well aware the roster was grossly over rated.

Havic

Reaction score
I think the thing the chiefs did this past off-season that gets so easily overlooked because of Mahomes is this: That chiefs defense is tough as nails.

Yes Mahomes is great. As a big Texas Tech fan I’ve been watching him since he was 18. He’s a first ballot HOFer even if he retired today. But that chiefs D is vastly underrated.

Spags gets them to perform and yes the defense has carried the team this year for sure

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Not my point. Historically the team plays best pre Thanksgiving, which corresponded to (particularly this year) the schedule full of the dregs of the league. I am well aware the roster was grossly over rated.
In the last several years, the schedule has been much harder after thanksgiving. Cowboys only saw 49ers this yr before the holiday.