Thoughts/Opinions about championship weekend!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
My biggest takeaway was we need a lot of upgrades on both lines and with LBs. Wish I could believe we are close to any of the 4 teams I saw Sunday but honestly I can’t. Our needs going into this off-season are very clear. Remains to be seen to what degree they get addressed.
That's what i got out of it... Dallas would be manhandled by these teams. I know, Dallas supposedly beat Detroit. But Dan the Man gave it to them on a silver platter much like he did this past game.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
- An opinion not just from the weekend - Rashee Rice is a keeper and he and PM will be best buds next year.

- Chiefs built that D to keep the offense in it this year until they could figure things out. PM getting a little more in sync with his receivers as the year progressed. When they catch it - they win.

-Love McDuffie & Sneed on the backend and the speed and aggressiveness at the LB position (I'm easily envious of LB play of many teams).

- Christian Mc has a second gear, not only in speed but in determination as well. When they get down it's as if he's eaten power pellets and gets a boost. Running backs DO matter. Should have had more talk about him being MVP.

- The 9ers can get hard-headed and stick with a rush 4 base. Thought they would blitz more with Goff being a statue. I get it, they like to drop more in the secondary to band-aid their deficiencies on the back end.

- The 9ers could have been had twice in the playoffs but both opponents gave them an opening. Say what you want about being handed games, but you have to have the character to go get it if someone's willing to give you the opportunity.

- Problem for San Fran is that they're not facing a QB from the NFC North. PM and company won't hand it to them and the Chiefs defense will make enough plays to get it done. Good game though.

-

Motorola

Reaction score
Chiefs went on the road and won while just scoring 17 points - in the first half.
Their YOUNG (other than Chris Jones nd a couple of other players) defense stepped up and controlled their opponent in the second half.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Thoughts -- Jerry, do whatever it takes to sign Chris Jones! Did you see how small he made Andy Reid look standing behind him at the trophy presentation? And Reid ain't exactly small potatoes either.

We need these bigger, tougher and know what it takes to win players! Can't think of a better place to start than finally fix our DT problem. That whole KC Chiefs game reminds me of our '95 Cowboys. Just stacked with too many veterans that have been through the big games and know how to turn it on when it matters.

Dan Campbell loses games because of his aggressivenes, but I'd still rather have a coach like him here. Bill Cowher with a bigger chin, and a member of the Parcells Tree. But he's also the future of the League. These younger, former player coaches like Campbell and DeMeco Ryans in Houston, or our own Al Harris. These guys are the future coaches. Know how to talk to the players and still push them without losing the soft millionaire mindset that exists so much nowadays. Campbell has a whole staff full of guys like it, and I think you'll see more owners buy into it as they see all this success.

quickccc

Reaction score
KC VS Baltimore

-Mahomes is the Brady of this new generation, although far more athletic and far better arm strength. He can beat you in many ways and just doesn't get rattled. Only current QB who has that same trait is Joe Burrow, who is the only QB who has beaten Mahomes in the AFC.

-On the other hand, never have been impressed with Lamar Jackson as a passer. His accuracy is all over the place, decision making is very questionable and has this bad habit have going backwards when buying time in the pocket. Take away his legs, he isn't an NFL caliber QB in my opinion.

-As for the game itself, Baltimore was way too emotional and it hurt their team, believe 5 personal fouls. What in the world is Flowers doing taunting the Chiefs player? Boy, did we dodge a bullet not signing OBJ, who I thought was far better then this. Barely knew he played. What are the Ravens doing throwing 3rd and 1, when they have the best rushing offense in the league and have a 300lb FB leading the way?

-Tyreke Hill trade really helped improved the Chiefs Defense who is really good now. Not only did it allow them to keep Chris Jones, but players like Karlaftis, McDuffie and their young linebackers have taken this defense to the next level.

Lions VS 49ers

-Dan Campbell played a large part why the Lions lost the game. Two 4 down calls, when he clearly should of taken the points. It's one thing to be aggressive, another to be stupid. Team lost by 3 points and after the 49ers stopped them when it was 24-10, he changed the entire game.

-Think teams are starting to figure out Purdy as he cannot throw the deep ball. Sit on the underneath routes to have success. Thought Glenn playing his base defense was smart as they kept Mac in check for most of the game and dared Purdy to beat them. Give Purdy credit, his legs won them the game.

-Goff is a system QB and that's not a bad thing. He can win you a championship if everything around him to good. Excellent QB when he stays on his spot, but really struggles when he has to move. Also, thought he had some chances to run, but he chose against it. He wasn't the reason why they lost, but could play better.

-Josh Reynolds has to be sick to his stomach, with all those key drops. However, Lions are going to be a problem with all their young weapons and a healthy amount of cap space.

-What has happened to the 49ers run defense? Why didn't they blitz Goff more when he struggles against it?

Thanks for Sharing ...

My thoughts on Chiefs vs Ravens:

- Ravens got frustrated on both sides of the ball, – I dunno why coaches stop running the ball with the RBs(ala Edwards, Hill) and placed it totally in the hands of their MVP, vastly paid QB Jackson, and big key turnovers at the most critical time of the game per Ravens’ red zone ended up costing Ravens the game.

- Defenders lost their composure that totaled flags on the QB, personal fouls for head butts, taunting, blasting brutally thru the pre-snap, they began to unrattled, instead of composed to rally.

- Yes, L. Jackson is not the kind of pure passer that he can singlehandled beat the better defenses with his arm, hes’ at his best in combo
with his run skills. Chiefs contained that running- keep him in pocket, to force him to beat them pure pass wise.

- Killer end zone INT, but I thought Chiefs got away with a couple of key PI calls (one in that Lamar INT I the end zone) the other should have been on CB McDuffie but Flowers big fumble at the goal line was a killer. He’s also a kid in the NFL that lost his cool after a big splash play, and he’s hurting emotionally now & will grow to be a more disciplined player in future. He is utterly electrifying dynamite.

- TE Andrews return may have been hampered by long injury layoff.

- Beckham maybe on his last legs but he was able to streak for a TD for his lone catch . Ravens played well enuff defensively, they never
surrendered a single point in 2nd half,

- Ravens sought to use zone vs Mahomes and he diced them with Travis Kelsie per 11 catches – they could not contain him, and PM had
just enuff support help from Rice & Pacheo, and finally Valdez at end to seal the upset deal

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Thanks for Sharing ...

My thoughts on Chiefs vs Ravens:

- Ravens got frustrated on both sides of the ball, – I dunno why coaches stop running the ball with the RBs(ala Edwards, Hill) and placed it totally in the hands of their MVP, vastly paid QB Jackson, and big key turnovers at the most critical time of the game per Ravens’ red zone ended up costing Ravens the game.

- Defenders lost their composure that totaled flags on the QB, personal fouls for head butts, taunting, blasting brutally thru the pre-snap, they began to unrattled, instead of composed to rally.

- Yes, L. Jackson is not the kind of pure passer that he can singlehandled beat the better defenses with his arm, hes’ at his best in combo
with his run skills. Chiefs contained that running- keep him in pocket, to force him to beat them pure pass wise.

- Killer end zone INT, but I thought Chiefs got away with a couple of key PI calls (one in that Lamar INT I the end zone) the other should have been on CB McDuffie but Flowers big fumble at the goal line was a killer. He’s also a kid in the NFL that lost his cool after a big splash play, and he’s hurting emotionally now & will grow to be a more disciplined player in future. He is utterly electrifying dynamite.

- TE Andrews return may have been hampered by long injury layoff.

- Beckham maybe on his last legs but he was able to streak for a TD for his lone catch . Ravens played well enuff defensively, they never
surrendered a single point in 2nd half,

- Ravens sought to use zone vs Mahomes and he diced them with Travis Kelsie per 11 catches – they could not contain him, and PM had
just enuff support help from Rice & Pacheo, and finally Valdez at end to seal the upset deal
Certainly several qb’s can win a title, but what Mahomes has done is Brady like. Think his Manning is Joe Burrow in this era, as he has been the only one to beat him straight up outside of Brady. Allen isn’t too far off, but the gap after them is huge.