CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about Seattle-much tougher game then many realize

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Been sick for several weeks with pneumonia, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Seattle is coming into this game as a desperate team, which makes them very dangerous, as they have lost 2 games in a row and now face Dallas/SFO/Eagles then next three weeks. This game also is a real "trap game" for the Cowboys as the Eagles rematch is next week. This is a big conference game that could be very important in the tie-breakers for the playoffs.

Offense

-Seattle is a very physical defense from top to bottom, the Cowboys much match their physicality. They cannot be bullied liked the 49ers did to them earlier in the season.
-Their run defense is average, teams have taken advantage of their over aggressiveness, sounds a lot like the Cowboys.
-Big, physical, long corners. They are going to try to mess up the timing, the Cowboy receivers need to win at the line of scrimmage.
-Mafe gave this team fits in the preseason and is a legitimate pass rusher.

Defense

-Looks like their starting RB Walker will miss the game, but have a good #2 back in Charbonnet, who I wanted the Cowboys to draft. Downhill, physical runner with receiving ability. Not a home run threat, but a runner who can grind out the sticks.
-One of the most talented receiving groups in the entire league. Kind of a better version of the Commanders. Two excellent, underneath route runners and 1 alpha. They also have a good rookie in Bobo and a quality TE in Fant. Cowboys need to disrupt their timing and be mindful of the deep shots they will take.
-Geno Smith tends to hold onto the football an extra second to create a big, passing play, he is also very good at breaking the pocket to run for a 1st down. This is an area that has hurt the Cowboy Defense in the past.
-Right side of their OL is very beatable, Jason Peters actually has started multiple games at RT. This is the area to attack.

Special Teams

-Jason Myers missed a very easy game winner against the Rams two weeks ago.
-DeeJay Dallas is a quality returner

The Natural

Reaction score
I’ve watched a good amount of Seattle this season. They’re just an ok team that we should more than handle at home - not much more to it than that.

L to the Rams 30-13
L to the Ravens 37-3
L to the 49ers 31-13
gave up 31, 26, and 27 to the Lions, Panthers, and Commanders.

I’m not sure where they garnered this physical reputation from.

Jipper

Reaction score
I’ve watched a good amount of Seattle this season. They’re just an ok team that we should more than handle at home - not much more to it than that.
They are physical so I anticipate it being a slog for the first half then the cowboys pulling away once they get worn down

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

L to the Rams 30-13
L to the Ravens 37-3
L to the 49ers 31-13

I would absolutely say they are a physical football team, just don't confuse physical with good. They are pretty mediocre as far as talent goes, but they also play a style of football that has given the Cowboys fits in recent years. They are built kind of like Ariziona, but with more talent at most skill positions.

The Natural

Reaction score
I would absolutely say they are a physical football team, just don't confuse physical with good. They are pretty mediocre as far as talent goes, but they also play a style of football that has given the Cowboys fits in recent years. They are built kind of like Ariziona, but with more talent at most skill positions.
I'll let you guys tell it. I look forward to the dogfight with the big bad Seahawks tonight.

Flamma

Reaction score
You know what's tempting? But I will not come out of retirement. If you were to take the Cowboys -20 on Draftkings, you get over 3-1 odds if you win.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Seattle is coming into this game as a desperate team, which makes them very dangerous, as they have lost 2 games in a row and now face Dallas/SFO/Eagles then next three weeks. This game also is a real "trap game" for the Cowboys as the Eagles rematch is next week. This is a big conference game that could be very important in the tie-breakers for the playoffs.

Offense

-Seattle is a very physical defense from top to bottom, the Cowboys much match their physicality. They cannot be bullied liked the 49ers did to them earlier in the season.
-Their run defense is average, teams have taken advantage of their over aggressiveness, sounds a lot like the Cowboys.
-Big, physical, long corners. They are going to try to mess up the timing, the Cowboy receivers need to win at the line of scrimmage.

Defense

-Looks like their starting RB Walker will miss the game, but have a good #2 back in Charbonnet, who I wanted the Cowboys to draft. Downhill, physical runner with receiving ability. Not a home run threat, but a runner who can grind out the sticks.
-One of the most talented receiving groups in the entire league. Kind of a better version of the Commanders. Two excellent, underneath route runners and 1 alpha. They also have a good rookie in Bobo and a quality TE in Fant. Cowboys need to disrupt their timing and be mindful of the deep shots they will take.
-Geno Smith tends to hold onto the football an extra second to create a big, passing play, he is also very good at breaking the pocket to run for a 1st down. This is an area that has hurt the Cowboy Defense in the past.
-Right side of their OL is very beatable, Jason Peters actually has started multiple games at RT. This is the area to attack.

Special Teams

If you gave the Seahawks Parsons and Dak they might be Super Bowl favorites, that is how talented the Seahawks roster is. Supposedly they get their other bookend right tackle (Lucas) back for this game. As much as I respect the Seahawks talent and coaching they still have Geno as their quarterback. If you heat him up he collapses. The kid is a poor man’s Goff plus he is injured. The Cowboys catch a big break with Walker out because the game plan would be to run the football at our defense to set up play action. Great test after playing Giants, Carolina, and Washington.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

L to the Rams 30-13
L to the Ravens 37-3
L to the 49ers 31-13

Great points. Washington and Cleveland should have won those games in Seattle.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Jason Peters walked off that game, not sure if hes back or not.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My concern is that after facing patsies the last few weeks, it takes them a while to adjust to a real team. An early INT wouldn’t surprise me, for example, with Dak throwing a ball that he’d complete easily against WAS or NYG but can’t against, say, Witherspoon.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

L to the Rams 30-13
L to the Ravens 37-3
L to the 49ers 31-13

Their offense is certainly ahead of their young defense. Their best win was probably at the Lions.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If you gave the Seahawks Parsons and Dak they might be Super Bowl favorites, that is how talented the Seahawks roster is. Supposedly they get their other bookend right tackle (Lucas) back for this game. As much as I respect the Seahawks talent and coaching they still have Geno as their quarterback. If you heat him up he collapses. The kid is a poor man’s Goff plus he is injured. The Cowboys catch a big break with Walker out because the game plan would be to run the football at our defense to set up play action. Great test after playing Giants, Carolina, and Washington.
No doubt they have a ton of talent, but still a year or two away from competing, depending on if Geno Smith is their answer. Biggest advantage is the Cowboys DL against their OL, win the early downs and the Cowboys should have success.

ShortRound

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

I always enjoy your write-ups, thank you.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. I don't think Seattle are as good as most think. Are they a possible wild card team sure, but I just don't think they are in the same league as us. The Cowboys will have 10 days of rest after this game and I don't see them over looking the Seahawks. I expect the Seahawks to possibly keep it close for the 1st half but I just don't see them being able to put points on the board against our defense. I'm predicting a 31-14 type of game.

P.S I hope that pneumonia goes away soon.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I’m so glad we have these weekly threads warning us not to take ::week’s opponent:: too lightly. Who knows what might happen if I thought ::week’s opponent:: was a pushover?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
NO NO NO LEAVE IT TO THE FANS ON HERE to think every game will be a blow out like the other games we've had