Thoughts/Opinions about the Ravens!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is an awful matchup for the Cowboys this week and it will tell us a lot about this team moving forward. Ravens try to beat you up physically and in my opinion the best running team in the entire league. Two areas which have been the biggest weaknesses with this current group we have seen over the last few years.

Defense

-Teams who beat the Ravens force them to beat you with their passing game. Jackson really struggles with outside throws that typically get picked off. Majority of his completions are over the middle to his good, receiving TE's.
-We all know about Lamar Jackson's ability to kill teams on the ground, this is the game in which Overshown needs to spy him and take good angles when he decides to break the pocket. The DL also has to be mindful not to give him easy running lanes.
-Their normal ground attack is fierce, they have an excellent lead FB, strong blocking TE's and Derrick Henry running behind them. Cowboy defenders are going to have to be physical at the point of attack or they will get embarrassed even worse then last week.
-Throw in Zay Flowers into the run game and quick screens and they are a nightmare to defend.
-If somehow the Cowboys are able to get them to throw the football, they do have the advantage against their OL, where their weakest spot is their RG.

Offense

-Kind of like the Saints, Ravens have quality talent on each level: Madubuike is their best pass rusher, R. Smith is an elite MLB and Kyle Hamilton is a star at safety. It's going to be difficult running the football against this front.
-I believe the Cowboys best chance for success is throwing the football against this unit. Their pass rush isn't elite, corners might be their weakness.
-Try to match up Ferguson against Marcus Williams, who is a great ball hawk, but struggles tackling.

Special Teams

-Keep in mind, their HC is a former special teams coordinator. Cowboys have to be on their toes.
-Justin Tucker just isn't the same kicker these days, struggles with long FG's.

BaltCowboy can probably give a better scouting report, but this game we will find out if this team is mentally tough enough or not!

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s MVP vs MVP runner up that both choke in big games.

Both teams are reeling coming off losses at home.

Jackson will be very hard to contain. I assume Lance is acting as him on the Scout team this week.

I don’t see us winning this game at all. We always struggle against physical teams outside of Philly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
only thought 0-2 vs 1-1 both teams are very disappointed both teams are going to be desperate, but we are at home, and I know I know we're 16-2 at home and the last two were not very good but it's a new game a new day and this is about how they play on the field and may the best team win go Cowboys...

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s MVP vs MVP runner up that both choke in big games.

Both teams are reeling coming off losses at home.

Jackson will be very hard to contain. I assume Lance is acting as him on the Scout team this week.

I don’t see us winning this game at all. We always struggle against physical teams outside of Philly.
OK I can get on board with your narrative that's fine I can actually agree with it some days but I'm gonna have to debate this this team is winless coming into our house and by the way I thought that we played a tough team game one on the road on grass outdoors one of the best defenses in the league and you tell me that wasn't a tough team I mean are we changing the narrative because they were missing some players and yet we were using a bunch of rookies and a bunch of retreads in game one on the road missing some players as well...

I mean all of a sudden we can't be anybody that's tough except Philly is that that's not true yes, we struggle against some of the tougher better teams and so does the entire league bro... This is like the narrative that we can't be good teams with good records or beat them on the road and then when you look at the other teams around the NFL and you find out they struggle in the same games... These narratives never are backed by facts unless someone like me has to bring it up I mean you want me to go back and show you all some of the greatest teams of our last decade or so and how they struggle against winning teams with winning records especially on the road I mean we've already found that most of them are below 500 that is the point of sports you're supposed to beat up on the teams that are weaker and then you try to break even on the road against a better teams I mean that is usually how you get your twelve wins in this league there's very few teams that are beating up or beating the best teams on their schedule...

Like I said I get your point I can agree with how you came up with that post but at the same time I say it's wrong because we have beat more physical and better teams... And I'm not going to do the research but I saw interesting how the Miami Dolphins are one in 11 against teams with an above 500 record this happens all around the NFL.... I remember the narratives that we couldn't win in December and then when we did they had to move to the next narrative and now we beat Tampa Bay in the playoffs on the road on grass and beat Tom Brady but we found a way to Coulter cancel that win because they just weren't a very good team even though they were in the playoffs at home and then we win game one that just about everybody picked against us on the road it's supposed to be a pretty tough team remember that's why we were supposed to lose in that environment but we didn't so now that must be a bad team so when is the narrative gonna stop just look at this as two desperate teams about to play and something's gotta break not that we can't be a tough team...

CWR

Reaction score
Well Lamar is supposedly 20-1 against the NFC. He's actually played really well to begin the season. We've got our work cut out for us.

I have no intention of watching Parsons jersey swap with Lamar, after a loss. So those defense better come correct.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Most important element for players and fans...don't panic here and now!

Jipper

Reaction score
1-2 is likely incoming for both teams! But we will get the superbowl hype train back on the rails next Thursday against the giants

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't see this defense keeping them under 40 unless Jackson breaks a leg unfortunately
receipts kept.. so many overreactions to game 1 and 2..lets sit in the middle thats where I live.. best to not OVERREACT to wins or losses.40 umm ok cant wait

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well Lamar is supposedly 20-1 against the NFC. He's actually played really well to begin the season. We've got our work cut out for us.

I have no intention of watching Parsons jersey swap with Lamar, after a loss. So those defense better come correct.
You know I think game one was a good test for us trying to use spies and play a mobile quarterback and yes this is the next level that was a good game on the road game one that first half they seem to have a good game plan for that type of offense..

And we have Trey Lance who is pretty damn good at being a practice squad version of Lamar Jackson I mean he may not be as good but he has the same kind of wheels the mobility 70% so I think this could be interesting when you could use overshone like you did in game one which we didn't in Game 2 and you know what's ahead of you I think the game is gonna be a little better than most are predicting I mean you got people up here saying we're going to get another 40 points you don't have to go.....

Even as bad as Quinn's defenses were in the past where we blew a couple of these games with laying eggs and giving up a lot of points can't make stops they usually rebounded pretty well...

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Ravens are 0-2 for a reason.
Well according to their fan base they got hosed by the referees in the first game and the second if you watch Twitter if you look at reactions on Facebook they all say they should be 2-0. And after looking at last week I know it was a total domination a complete egg laying there was a lot of penalties we didn't get called and I don't know if they made a difference but there was at least seven most of them which were on their offensive line on our defensive line where everyone said here was so bad well they were held they were tackled there was no calls when they really could have maybe help the face mask on dowdle field position so maybe they have a point we should also be 2-0 LOL

and do we have two delusional fan bases that are in shock and this is gonna be the rubber game for both teams let's see who comes out on top...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This is an awful matchup for the Cowboys this week and it will tell us a lot about this team moving forward. Ravens try to beat you up physically and in my opinion the best running team in the entire league. Two areas which have been the biggest weaknesses with this current group we have seen over the last few years.

Defense

-Teams who beat the Ravens force them to beat you with their passing game. Jackson really struggles with outside throws that typically get picked off. Majority of his completions are over the middle to his good, receiving TE's.
-We all know about Lamar Jackson's ability to kill teams on the ground, this is the game in which Overshown needs to spy him and take good angles when he decides to break the pocket. The DL also has to be mindful not to give him easy running lanes.
-Their normal ground attack is fierce, they have an excellent lead FB, strong blocking TE's and Derrick Henry running behind them. Cowboy defenders are going to have to be physical at the point of attack or they will get embarrassed even worse then last week.
-Throw in Zay Flowers into the run game and quick screens and they are a nightmare to defend.
-If somehow the Cowboys are able to get them to throw the football, they do have the advantage against their OL, where their weakest spot is their RG.

Offense

-Kind of like the Saints, Ravens have quality talent on each level: Madubuike is their best pass rusher, R. Smith is an elite MLB and Kyle Hamilton is a star at safety. It's going to be difficult running the football against this front.
-I believe the Cowboys best chance for success is throwing the football against this unit. Their pass rush isn't elite, corners might be their weakness.
-Try to match up Ferguson against Marcus Williams, who is a great ball hawk, but struggles tackling.

Special Teams

-Keep in mind, their HC is a former special teams coordinator. Cowboys have to be on their toes.

BaltCowboy can probably give a better scouting report, but this game we will find out if this team is mentally tough enough or not!
Good writeup. Thank you for your work.

My concern is our DL not being able to occupy blockers. If our DL plays like against the Saints Overshown (or any other player) may spy Lamar as much as he wants. He wont be able to reach him.

The Ravens will take away our running game and force Dak to win the game. I seriously doubt he is able to do that.

I cant imagine the Ravens starting the season with 3 losses. This is a legit contender. I expect a beatdown. Maybe not a high scoring game, but rather an execution.

I am looking forward to our players reactions (those talking clowns like Micah and Prescott) and what they will have up their sleeves this time after the game.

Well at least that cancer DFlaw does not talk a lot these days. What a relief!

montgod

Reaction score
I think it’ll look horrible, but better than last week, therefore longer clock killing scoring drives from the Ravens.

It’ll be spun as an “improvement” from the Saints game.
I agree. Ravens gonna pound it w/Henry and Lamar. Ravens def will just focus on shutting down CD and trying to get to Dak. I don't see any other gamebreakers that will overwhelm the Ravens. Hope I'm wrong but...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Defense

Offense

Special Teams

all he has to do is throw it short, and let his guys do the rest, if we can't tackle well, then he's going to have a career game!!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Good write up, just a few things I noticed watching the Raiders/Ravens game, I've only done the first half so far:

Baltimore Defense
*Baltimore played a ton of soft zone coverage last week, if they do that again Lamb/Ferg could feast on the underneath routes.
*Oweh is a matchup issue I think people may sleep on. Big guy with long arms, good combo of speed/power. 3 sacks last week (although one he come completely unblocked). He beat Kolton Miller at a decent rate last week who is a very good LT. Hes no Myles Garrett but this isn't an easy matchup for Guyton.
*LV had decent success with rolling pockets on multiple plays, surprised they didnt do it more. Dallas did this quite a bit against Cleveland with some success, i'd watch for more of it this week
*Very good sideline to sideline speed out of these LBs, their DBs are also very good at getting down to play the outside run. The end arounds and passes in the flat to Turpin may not lead to much this week.

Baltimore offense
*Right side of that OL is very beatable in both run and pass pro. Derrick Henry was routinely hit in the backfield. Looks like they replaced their RT in this game, not sure if injury or benched. RG looks like a JAG as well, could be a big game from OSA this week. Maxx Crosby destroyed them all game with pure speed on that right side, I'd expect Parsons to get a lot time over there.
*They have the personnel to live in 12 or 21 personnel that gave the Cowboys fits last week. This is also how NO kept Overshown off the field. Copycat league so Baltimore may run a ton of 2wr sets
*I'm not seeing nearly as much of an exotic run scheme as last week, they are very power run oriented. When they do pull their OL they dont seem to be very good at it. Linderbaum is the one guy who really moves well. This is very good news for the Cowboys.
*Lamar is not an accurate downfield thrower of the football even with a clean pocket, where they can really kill teams are on those intermediate 10-15 yard throws. Zay Flowers seems to be really good finding open space in those zones too.
*Play action didn't effect the Raiders defense much at all in this game....Not sure if that is just credit to a very disciplined Raiders team or if Baltimore has a tell on run v pass plays.
*As OP mentioned they run a ton of screen passes that give the defense fits. In addition to flowers they love to sneak a RB out on a delay and hit screens to their TEs as well. Our LBs have the athletic ability to take this on, but need to make better reads than they did a week ago.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree. Ravens gonna pound it w/Henry and Lamar. Ravens def will just focus on shutting down CD and trying to get to Dak. I don't see any other gamebreakers that will overwhelm the Ravens. Hope I'm wrong but...
truth!!