Thoughts/Opinions about the Ravens!

Proof

Reaction score
They were a play away from beating the Chiefs in their park opening night, nobody will be calling the Ravens overrated.
if they start 0-3 including a loss to the Garner Minshew Raiders, yes. yes they will. We've seen it time and time again though, that when Dallas beats a "good" team justification starts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if they start 0-3 including a loss to the Garner Minshew Raiders, yes. yes they will. We've seen it time and time again though, that when Dallas beats a "good" team justification starts.
you realize that's what's going to happen this is a game on the schedule against and 0-2 we beat them they are 0-3 the narrative much like the browns win will be its sub 500 team and doesn't count LMAO

Proof

Reaction score
you realize that's what's going to happen this is a game on the schedule against and 0-2 we beat them they are 0-3 the narrative much like the browns win will be its sub 500 team and doesn't count LMAO
right.that's the point I was making.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I disagree, this team was the #1 seed in the AFC last yr. Even if they start slow, still believe they will win their division.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Their hate comes for their HC who not not used to coach in Philly, but reminds the team Garrett rejected the job to coach the Cowboys. I agree, this will be the toughest home game for the entire season.
100% when it comes to ownership/front office, I forgot about Garrett rejecting the Cowboys job. I remember the local media was all but saying the deal was done on the local radio shows. As a Cowboys fan, I knew the only way he was going to take the Ravens job is if was not secretly going to be the Cowboys next coach. I knew Phillips was in trouble after Garrett said “no”. The fans just hate Dallas like most of America.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This is an awful matchup for the Cowboys this week and it will tell us a lot about this team moving forward. Ravens try to beat you up physically and in my opinion the best running team in the entire league. Two areas which have been the biggest weaknesses with this current group we have seen over the last few years.

Defense

-Teams who beat the Ravens force them to beat you with their passing game. Jackson really struggles with outside throws that typically get picked off. Majority of his completions are over the middle to his good, receiving TE's.
-We all know about Lamar Jackson's ability to kill teams on the ground, this is the game in which Overshown needs to spy him and take good angles when he decides to break the pocket. The DL also has to be mindful not to give him easy running lanes.
-Their normal ground attack is fierce, they have an excellent lead FB, strong blocking TE's and Derrick Henry running behind them. Cowboy defenders are going to have to be physical at the point of attack or they will get embarrassed even worse then last week.
-Throw in Zay Flowers into the run game and quick screens and they are a nightmare to defend.
-If somehow the Cowboys are able to get them to throw the football, they do have the advantage against their OL, where their weakest spot is their RG.

Offense

-Kind of like the Saints, Ravens have quality talent on each level: Madubuike is their best pass rusher, R. Smith is an elite MLB and Kyle Hamilton is a star at safety. It's going to be difficult running the football against this front.
-I believe the Cowboys best chance for success is throwing the football against this unit. Their pass rush isn't elite, corners might be their weakness.
-Try to match up Ferguson against Marcus Williams, who is a great ball hawk, but struggles tackling.

Special Teams

-Keep in mind, their HC is a former special teams coordinator. Cowboys have to be on their toes.
-Justin Tucker just isn't the same kicker these days, struggles with long FG's.

BaltCowboy can probably give a better scouting report, but this game we will find out if this team is mentally tough enough or not!
Terrible matchup, although I thought the same with Cleveland. Luckily Watson was sufficiently bad enough for things to work out for us.

I’ve been saying since May that it’ll be interesting to see if they can weather the early storm and get through the early stretch of tough games….or do things get out of hand and Mike loses the team?

Things have a way of snowballing (the 2010 team was not at all 1-7 bad when Wades time to be the scapegoat arrived).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Baltimore is 0-2 but they were competitive losses. They gave KC a battle, losing by a touchdown and they lost by three points to the Raiders. They desperately need this game and they have to feel pretty good about their chances after watching the tape on our defense being destroyed last week. Baltimore ranks number one in offense and they have the 7th ranked rushing offense, which doesn’t bode well for the Cowboys. No one is going to like our chances the remainder of the season if we lose on Sunday. Just winning 9 games will be a challenge if we drop to 1-2.

Proof

Reaction score
I disagree, this team was the #1 seed in the AFC last yr. Even if they start slow, still believe they will win their division.
Maybe. When we beat the Bengals after they went to the sb everyone said they sucked. just how it goes. you're talking about your opinion of the team in reality. i'm talking about the the spin. all good though, agree to disagree.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe. When we beat the Bengals after they went to the sb everyone said they sucked. just how it goes. you're talking about your opinion of the team in reality. i'm talking about the the spin. all good though, agree to disagree.
Beating the Ravens will be a good win as they have been a quality team for years

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Beating the Ravens will be a good win as they have been a quality team for years
So far this year they haven’t been very good, we’ll see how it plays out. They’re number one against the run and dead last against the pass so that’s where we’re going to have to attack them. Our defense has got to step up in this game. If we look anything like we did last week defensively this will be another loss and probably another convincing loss.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we lose to Baltimore, which will be our third straight home loss dating back to the playoff loss last year, then we have to accept that the Cowboys aren’t a very good team. We beat a Browns team in the opener that hasn’t looked very good and we had some issues in that game. That opening day win is going to look even less impressive if we lose on Sunday, especially if we get blown out again.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of fans are worried about the Cowboys redzone offense, but their redzone defense has also been crap. Both the Joneses are acting like they’re not concerned about anything but good luck with either jughead spinning there’s no concern if they lose on Sunday.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The Ravens are 0-2 for a reason.
And we're 1-1 and coming off a complete beat down for a reason. They've lost their 2 games by a combined 10 points, 7 of which came at the hands of the SuperBowl champs.

We lost 100-nothing to the Saints.

Say what you will, but we'll be facing the most desperate teams in the league, that also just happens to be one of the most physical and talented. Bad timing for us to play them.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Opinion that is definitive fact—

This ravens team is going to beat the brakes off the Cowboys.

LysleE

Reaction score
Both teams have warts…the game just might come down to whichever coaching staff makes the appropriate adjustments…I have a lot more faith in Harbaugh than McCarthy to do that.