Thoughts/Opinions about the Ravens!

Jipper

Reaction score
I think it’ll look horrible, but better than last week, therefore longer clock killing scoring drives from the Ravens.

It’ll be spun as an “improvement” from the Saints game.
Hope you are right that it improves from last week

Jipper

Reaction score
receipts kept.. so many overreactions to game 1 and 2..lets sit in the middle thats where I live.. best to not OVERREACT to wins or losses.40 umm ok cant wait
Receipts kept? Are you really so petty that you want to be able to catch someone when they have a different pov on the outcome? How small minded are you?

I didn’t overreact the same way that some did calling the seasons over, tanking, etc - I simply stated I don’t see the defense holding them under 40 against a very dangerous explosive team.

Lighten up

CWR

Reaction score
You know I think game one was a good test for us trying to use spies and play a mobile quarterback and yes this is the next level that was a good game on the road game one that first half they seem to have a good game plan for that type of offense..

And we have Trey Lance who is pretty damn good at being a practice squad version of Lamar Jackson I mean he may not be as good but he has the same kind of wheels the mobility 70% so I think this could be interesting when you could use overshone like you did in game one which we didn't in Game 2 and you know what's ahead of you I think the game is gonna be a little better than most are predicting I mean you got people up here saying we're going to get another 40 points you don't have to go.....

Even as bad as Quinn's defenses were in the past where we blew a couple of these games with laying eggs and giving up a lot of points can't make stops they usually rebounded pretty well...
We probably win in all honesty. It's just the type of game this team pulls off. Same as the loss to the Saints. I'm not even looking at it based on talent, coaching etc. Just based on how absurdly unpredictable we can be, this is one we win. It's always when I'm about done they pull off something unexpected.

CWR

Reaction score
Receipts kept? Are you really so petty that you want to be able to catch someone when they have a different pov on the outcome? How small minded are you?

I didn’t overreact the same way that some did calling the seasons over, tanking, etc - I simply stated I don’t see the defense holding them under 40 against a very dangerous explosive team.

Lighten up
I think it's more about the pre snap motion, shifts, play action offenses just continuing to kill us. Even with less talent we just can't seem to show up against those teams.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I see big trouble. Player / unit scouting reports aside. This is a good 0-2 team that is not going to go 0-3 versus a mentally weak, country club group. I think the chances of a beat down are high.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We probably win in all honesty. It's just the type of game this team pulls off. Same as the loss to the Saints. I'm not even looking at it based on talent, coaching etc. Just based on how absurdly unpredictable we can be, this is one we win. It's always when I'm about done they pull off something unexpected.
Lol. Might be true.

Reactions: CWR

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good writeup. Thank you for your work.

My concern is our DL not being able to occupy blockers. If our DL plays like against the Saints Overshown (or any other player) may spy Lamar as much as he wants. He wont be able to reach him.

The Ravens will take away our running game and force Dak to win the game. I seriously doubt he is able to do that.

I cant imagine the Ravens starting the season with 3 losses. This is a legit contender. I expect a beatdown. Maybe not a high scoring game, but rather an execution.

I am looking forward to our players reactions (those talking clowns like Micah and Prescott) and what they will have up their sleeves this time after the game.

Well at least that cancer DFlaw does not talk a lot these days. What a relief!
I really don't know what to expect, this team usually bounces back quickly, but also they will be facing a hungry, legitimate contender. When the schedule came out, had us losing this game. Really believe this game will tells us a lot.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
all he has to do is throw it short, and let his guys do the rest, if we can't tackle well, then he's going to have a career game!!
We will find out if this team is up for the challenge right away. This opponent has all the kytonite that has plagued this current group: physical, run 1st team with a mobile QB.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think this is actually a somewhat decent matchup for the Cowboys.
The offense of the Ravens is somewhat one-dimensional as they are a run dominant team with some passing element. Kind of similar to the Browns. Now, they are pretty skilled, so, they're certainly not easy. The main advantage they have is Jackson's legs.
On defense, they're a much better matchup than the Browns were. While their run game is stout, they are anything but against the pass, and they don't have anything resembling Garrett to worry about.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good write up, just a few things I noticed watching the Raiders/Ravens game, I've only done the first half so far:

Baltimore Defense
*Baltimore played a ton of soft zone coverage last week, if they do that again Lamb/Ferg could feast on the underneath routes.
*Oweh is a matchup issue I think people may sleep on. Big guy with long arms, good combo of speed/power. 3 sacks last week (although one he come completely unblocked). He beat Kolton Miller at a decent rate last week who is a very good LT. Hes no Myles Garrett but this isn't an easy matchup for Guyton.
*LV had decent success with rolling pockets on multiple plays, surprised they didnt do it more. Dallas did this quite a bit against Cleveland with some success, i'd watch for more of it this week
*Very good sideline to sideline speed out of these LBs, their DBs are also very good at getting down to play the outside run. The end arounds and passes in the flat to Turpin may not lead to much this week.

Baltimore offense
*Right side of that OL is very beatable in both run and pass pro. Derrick Henry was routinely hit in the backfield. Looks like they replaced their RT in this game, not sure if injury or benched. RG looks like a JAG as well, could be a big game from OSA this week. Maxx Crosby destroyed them all game with pure speed on that right side, I'd expect Parsons to get a lot time over there.
*They have the personnel to live in 12 or 21 personnel that gave the Cowboys fits last week. This is also how NO kept Overshown off the field. Copycat league so Baltimore may run a ton of 2wr sets
*I'm not seeing nearly as much of an exotic run scheme as last week, they are very power run oriented. When they do pull their OL they dont seem to be very good at it. Linderbaum is the one guy who really moves well. This is very good news for the Cowboys.
*Lamar is not an accurate downfield thrower of the football even with a clean pocket, where they can really kill teams are on those intermediate 10-15 yard throws. Zay Flowers seems to be really good finding open space in those zones too.
*Play action didn't effect the Raiders defense much at all in this game....Not sure if that is just credit to a very disciplined Raiders team or if Baltimore has a tell on run v pass plays.
*As OP mentioned they run a ton of screen passes that give the defense fits. In addition to flowers they love to sneak a RB out on a delay and hit screens to their TEs as well. Our LBs have the athletic ability to take this on, but need to make better reads than they did a week ago.
Good mention to Oweh, he is an underrated pass rusher who is a physical freak. In my opinion, if the Cowboys hold up against their run, which is a big if, they win this game, their weakness is the pass, which is our strength on both sides of the football.

Proof

Reaction score
I really don't know what to expect, this team usually bounces back quickly, but also they will be facing a hungry, legitimate contender. When the schedule came out, had us losing this game. Really believe this game will tells us a lot.
i dont know if it does. if we lose to them, many of us expected it. if we beat them, they aren't any good anyway. just one of those weird situations dallas finds themselves in.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Lighten up
that's right game game if we don't give up 40 I will be all up in this because this thread's already started so I get to come here during the game after the game and bring up the fact that you said we're probably gonna give up 40 points or more so I'm gonna actually come back and let you know if we don't that's what negative responses are gonna get now if it's true then it's true but if it isn't I'm coming back I wanna make sure I put enough of my responses in here that I can find this easily on game day... Carry on

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is an awful matchup for the Cowboys this week and it will tell us a lot about this team moving forward. Ravens try to beat you up physically and in my opinion the best running team in the entire league. Two areas which have been the biggest weaknesses with this current group we have seen over the last few years.

Defense

-Teams who beat the Ravens force them to beat you with their passing game. Jackson really struggles with outside throws that typically get picked off. Majority of his completions are over the middle to his good, receiving TE's.
-We all know about Lamar Jackson's ability to kill teams on the ground, this is the game in which Overshown needs to spy him and take good angles when he decides to break the pocket. The DL also has to be mindful not to give him easy running lanes.
-Their normal ground attack is fierce, they have an excellent lead FB, strong blocking TE's and Derrick Henry running behind them. Cowboy defenders are going to have to be physical at the point of attack or they will get embarrassed even worse then last week.
-Throw in Zay Flowers into the run game and quick screens and they are a nightmare to defend.
-If somehow the Cowboys are able to get them to throw the football, they do have the advantage against their OL, where their weakest spot is their RG.

Offense

-Kind of like the Saints, Ravens have quality talent on each level: Madubuike is their best pass rusher, R. Smith is an elite MLB and Kyle Hamilton is a star at safety. It's going to be difficult running the football against this front.
-I believe the Cowboys best chance for success is throwing the football against this unit. Their pass rush isn't elite, corners might be their weakness.
-Try to match up Ferguson against Marcus Williams, who is a great ball hawk, but struggles tackling.

Special Teams

-Keep in mind, their HC is a former special teams coordinator. Cowboys have to be on their toes.
-Justin Tucker just isn't the same kicker these days, struggles with long FG's.

BaltCowboy can probably give a better scouting report, but this game we will find out if this team is mentally tough enough or not!
No, you have scouted the Ravens well from your report. I could not the Cowboys a better game plan. I will say this after watching the Ravens against the Raiders, this Baltimore football team isn’t the same as the one that led the league in victories last season. The Ravens have holes on their offensive line and on the defense that the Cowboys could exploit. My fear is the Ravens our a desperate 0-2 team and like most teams coming to Dallas, this game is a bullseye on their schedule. Baltimore hates the Cowboys. I don’t know if it comes from ownership but nothing would make the Ravens season but to embarrass the Cowboys in Dallas. Baltimore is still celebrating shutting down Texas stadium. This is from a team that won a two Super Bowls in the last 25 years. Lamar and Henry will both have chips on their shoulders. This game will be the toughest home game we play all season.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No, you have scouted the Ravens well from your report. I could not the Cowboys a better game plan. I will say this after watching the Ravens against the Raiders, this Baltimore football team isn’t the same as the one that led the league in victories last season. The Ravens have holes on their offensive line and on the defense that the Cowboys could exploit. My fear is the Ravens our a desperate 0-2 team and like most teams coming to Dallas, this game is a bullseye on their schedule. Baltimore hates the Cowboys. I don’t know if it comes from ownership but nothing would make the Ravens season but to embarrass the Cowboys in Dallas. Baltimore is still celebrating shutting down Texas stadium. This is from a team that won a two Super Bowls in the last 25 years. Lamar and Henry will both have chips on their shoulders. This game will be the toughest home game we play all season.
Their hate comes for their HC who not not used to coach in Philly, but reminds the team Garrett rejected the job to coach the Cowboys. I agree, this will be the toughest home game for the entire season.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
i dont know if it does. if we lose to them, many of us expected it. if we beat them, they aren't any good anyway. just one of those weird situations dallas finds themselves in.
Beating a SB contender against last year's MVP would give this team tremendous confidence, which is huge in this league.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is an awful matchup for the Cowboys this week and it will tell us a lot about this team moving forward. Ravens try to beat you up physically and in my opinion the best running team in the entire league. Two areas which have been the biggest weaknesses with this current group we have seen over the last few years.

Defense

-Teams who beat the Ravens force them to beat you with their passing game. Jackson really struggles with outside throws that typically get picked off. Majority of his completions are over the middle to his good, receiving TE's.
-We all know about Lamar Jackson's ability to kill teams on the ground, this is the game in which Overshown needs to spy him and take good angles when he decides to break the pocket. The DL also has to be mindful not to give him easy running lanes.
-Their normal ground attack is fierce, they have an excellent lead FB, strong blocking TE's and Derrick Henry running behind them. Cowboy defenders are going to have to be physical at the point of attack or they will get embarrassed even worse then last week.
-Throw in Zay Flowers into the run game and quick screens and they are a nightmare to defend.
-If somehow the Cowboys are able to get them to throw the football, they do have the advantage against their OL, where their weakest spot is their RG.

Offense

-Kind of like the Saints, Ravens have quality talent on each level: Madubuike is their best pass rusher, R. Smith is an elite MLB and Kyle Hamilton is a star at safety. It's going to be difficult running the football against this front.
-I believe the Cowboys best chance for success is throwing the football against this unit. Their pass rush isn't elite, corners might be their weakness.
-Try to match up Ferguson against Marcus Williams, who is a great ball hawk, but struggles tackling.

Special Teams

-Keep in mind, their HC is a former special teams coordinator. Cowboys have to be on their toes.
-Justin Tucker just isn't the same kicker these days, struggles with long FG's.

BaltCowboy can probably give a better scouting report, but this game we will find out if this team is mentally tough enough or not!
I don’t have a feeling about this game one way or the other. It all depends on which Cowboys team shows up on Sunday.

Proof

Reaction score
Beating a SB contender against last year's MVP would give this team tremendous confidence, which is huge in this league.
i'm talking about narratives. if they were playing like contenders sure. but after losing to us they'd be 0-3 and the story would be "are the ravens overrated?"

Cowboyny

Reaction score
i'm talking about narratives. if they were playing like contenders sure. but after losing to us they'd be 0-3 and the story would be "are the ravens overrated?"
They were a play away from beating the Chiefs in their park opening night, nobody will be calling the Ravens overrated.