Three mistakes Dallas made in the draft this year

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you needed to click the link at the bottom to continue on... I refuse to play the click bait games and when I see that I have to click another link to continue, thats when I exit.
I didn't even see a button for that. Then again, I've been up since 1:30 this morning,andy eyes are starting to strain.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The writer is reaching......I had no issue with the draft but I could list 3 better than that.

Its too early to say if Joseph or Ball were mistakes. If they both go on to be solid starters how is that mistake?

And it was a mistake "helping" the Eagles but it would've been the right move to let the Giants get Devonta Smith who already have Sherperd, Golladay and Slayton? SMH.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
1. Making Joseph the top CB
2. Drafting Josh Ball
3. Helping the Eagles get Devonta Smith
I'm not seeing those other 2 points but I stick to my original thought. It's too early to be coming to the conclusion that any of those picks were a mistake. Devonta Smith was going to be an NFCE rival no matter what. We got an additional 3rd round pick by dealing with the Eagles to trade down. That's good business, not a mistake.

cowboyec

Reaction score
sooo....who was the CB we should've taken at 12 instead of the highest rated def player on the board AND best available in Parsons?

i'm not interested in forcing a pick at 12.

and didn't fansided rave about kelvin joseph being possibly the 3rd or 4th best CB in the draft in the build up toward the draft?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I'm not seeing those other 2 points but I stick to my original thought. It's too early to be coming to the conclusion that any of those picks were a mistake. Devonta Smith was going to be an NFCE rival no matter what. We got an additional 3rd round pick by dealing with the Eagles to trade down. That's good business, not a mistake.

Bingo, I agree.

cowboyec

Reaction score
by most boards...micah parsons was the highest rated player on the board when we were on the clock @10.
we trade back 2 spots...gain an extra 3rd Rd pick...and take the guy at 12 who at 10 was the highest rated player.
which also will save us some $$$....paying him at 12 vs paying him at 10.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
if these are the three biggest issues with the cowboys draft then they did a damn good job.

1) you only helped out the Eagles of the player becomes a top WR. If not they traded up for a middle of the road WR and lost a 3rd round pick in the process. I have no issues here.

2) the josh ball thing I get, but I’ll give this a wait and see approach. Ball was never actually convicted of anything. I know that sometimes means something, sometimes not, but I have to believe the cowboys did their homework here. Plus this was a 4th round pick. That’s where I want my team rolling the dice.

3) 0 issues with this selection. It’s the second round, and the blue chip prospects are gone. Play your board and go from there. I would have loved for the cowboys to land Surtain, but a trade up would have been a bad move.

jrumann59

Reaction score
So because KJ missed 2019 due to transfer protocol he is raw, but nothing about Parsons who played 2018 and 2019, his 1st 2 years as a LB at the collegiate level, and missed 2020 he is fine?